Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:57 am
Original Poster

It can't get much cheaper, it is of course that cheap because it is from Italy....

Bogota 500€
Panama City 593€
Lima 619€

Rules:

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 30NOV 20.
Sales restrictions
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE AND TICKETS ISSUED ON/BEFORE
31MAR 20.
Minimum stay requirements TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO
EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.Maximum stay requirements TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12
MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: Premium-Flights.com
SPlDER, tropikey, clager and 1 others like this.

Last edited by styleflyer; Mar 6, 2020 at 11:59 am Reason: formating
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:15 pm

Excellent!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Extremely good offer but I won’t be booking anything from Italy at the moment. It’s quite risky.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:20 pm

Unable to book via OTA. Which sites did U use for booking and ticketing please?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermis177
Extremely good offer but I won’t be booking anything from Italy at the moment. It’s quite risky.
Yes it is, that's why it is that cheap.
But you could book for October or November, if the virus is still present at that time in Italy then it is everywhere else as well...
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daniel Safar
Unable to book via OTA. Which sites did U use for booking and ticketing please?
Use google flights, you can book Bogota with Iberia itself or via Momondo.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp
If I am not mistaken, based on Italian regulation you are permitted to drop the first segment between Italy and Spain....
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:27 pm

oh boy, I can hear the TP runners coming. Can definitely connect with my AY sales fare to BLQ ;P
styleflyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH, BA
Originally Posted by gnargel
If I am not mistaken, based on Italian regulation you are permitted to drop the first segment between Italy and Spain....
You are right
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Was studying this for several hours. Bought one because this is clearly an error fare and will be all over the blogs in no time. Ironically a first leg between Italy and Spain might be the easiest in the world to drop, because those are the two countries with case law aiding skiplagging.
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Was studying this for several hours. Bought one because this is clearly an error fare and will be all over the blogs in no time. Ironically a first leg between Italy and Spain might be the easiest in the world to drop, because those are the two countries with case law aiding skiplagging.

secret flying just posted it. Hurry!
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, QATAR, Iberia, Avianca, Krisflyer, Virgin Atlantic, AirNZ
I just booked via Iberia for the end of November. Paid 10 euro to hold the fare for 72 hours.

I was thinking I could give the return leg from Madrid to Rome a miss. Is there some rule that means you could drop the Rome to Madrid on the outbound?

The Iberia page specifically mentioned your ticket would be cancelled if you didn't turn up to the leg.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Well Bogota was quite often available from many cities in Europe for around 1000€ over the last years.
With Star Alliance you may fly at the moment to many destination over the world for around 1000€, as well from Italy of course....
That's why I think this isn't an error fare.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by styleflyer
Well Bogota was quite often available from many cities in Europe for around 1000€ over the last years.
With Star Alliance you may fly at the moment to many destination over the world for around 1000€, as well from Italy of course....
That's why I think this isn't an error fare.
Look at the fares they've loaded to nearby destinations or even within Colombia...I hope after that you'll call a spade a spade. Also airlines are generally not in the business of selling business cheaper than economy.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beyounged
oh boy, I can hear the TP runners coming.
Not that ideal. Sure, it's 360 TP for EUR 510 or so. But there's a minimum stay of 7 days. Loong stay for just 360 TP.

Please don't get me wrong. Thanks to the OP for posting this. It's a great fare. BOG should yield like 23k Avios for BAEC Silver and 28.5k Avios for Gold. Equipment-wise, it's not great (PTY probably better than BOG). But hey, I'm not complaining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.