FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   SQ EWR-SIN-DPS $944 in PE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2011660-sq-ewr-sin-dps-944-pe.html)

VegasGambler Mar 6, 2020 1:53 am

SQ EWR-SIN-DPS $944 in PE

Credit to UA: Earns 3370 PQP.
Credit to AS: Earns 20,225 EQM and 20,225 + elite bonus RDM.

Long leg is in premium economy (R). SIN-DPS leg is in economy (this example books into E; 2.5 hr each way).

Eg https://flights.app.goo.gl/f6B28

Ignore the price displayed by Google (currently $989). Click through to book with SQ and it prices at $943.50.

SQ offering cheap PE fares to SE Asia is not uncommon but this is a bit cheaper than usual.

747jetter Mar 6, 2020 3:02 am

It was hard in J, can't imagine doing this in Y+

horace911 Mar 6, 2020 3:18 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 32148757)

I was thinking the same thing

washeelers747 Mar 6, 2020 6:10 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 32148757)

if you snag one of those solo seat in back of the bus; then it’s not that bad. I suspect SQ will have more sales next few months to fill up empty seats. I need to debate if it’s worth to pursue EXP or settle down on AA platinum and AS MVPG...

flflyer31 Mar 6, 2020 6:31 am

Flew this exact route back in November in Y+ was plenty comfortable. The timing of the return flight back to EWR is brutal though

Dalat767 Mar 7, 2020 9:22 am

LAX-DPS-LAX $1090 r/t PE on SQ

If you are from West Coast, it's available for $1090 r/t.

VegasGambler Mar 7, 2020 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dalat767 (Post 32153498)
If you are from West Coast, it's available for $1090 r/t.

That's 1530 fewer miles round trip, in addition to the extra $150. I'd spend $200-250 repositioning to EWR instead.

dave9lax Mar 7, 2020 2:08 pm

Any good mileage runs (AS 75k) in business or 1st??

NakieJakie Mar 7, 2020 2:19 pm

I flew this exact routing in September of last year. I got in under the wire before they made the change that blocks the single seats in the back and was able to snag 41 A and the window on the other side coming back. It was brutal. These seats are definitely a cut above regular domestic seats but if you're over 6 feet tall you'll be challenged. I am 6'3" and a widebody from weightlifting and when I was in the seat on the right side of the plane I was knocked into constantly. All throughout the trip The dual lavs on the right side behind the single seats causes more footraffic on that side. If you can sit on the left side do it.

If I did it all over again I would pay the premium for exit row seating. There is limitless leg room. I would not fly this route even in the solo seats again. Only exit row. If you're of average height/build you may not have a problem.

kaffir76 Mar 15, 2020 11:10 am

PEY Fare deals

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...San-Francisco/

So let's say I book PEY from EWR - BKK for $990 before the deal expires on 18 Mar 2020

The stated travel completion is by -
05 Mar 2020 - 31 May 2020

Now with the latest global waiver policy updated today -

Does that mean that all flights, even those which state travel completion by 31 May 2020 etc. can be extended to Mar. 2021 - up to 1 year ticket validity, for a fee / difference in fare?
"PEY Lite" books into R class, so it shouldn't be that difficult to find an alternative date where the same fare is available, am I right?

paperwastage Mar 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 32189020)
Does that mean that all flights, even those which state travel completion by 31 May 2020 etc. can be extended to Mar. 2021 - up to 1 year ticket validity, for a fee / difference in fare?
"PEY Lite" books into R class, so it shouldn't be that difficult to find an alternative date where the same fare is available, am I right?

depends on the fare rules/airline

some reprice based on what fare rules exist when you reprice (basically pretending you are buying a brand new ticket, just using previous funds) - if cheap fare gone, then price will be higher

some reprice based on what fare rules exist when you purchased (basically pretending you have a time machine back to original purchase date, trying to purchase flights on new dates) - you have to follow advance-purchase requirements and blackout dates on original fare rules

REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY
PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
MUST BE DOMESTIC
2. MI/SQ F- FARE FAMILY IS USED
3. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN
PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED
FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF
4. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
TKT
5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO
DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT