Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

PR biz LAX-KUL $2608, SFO-BKK $2588

Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:46 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Based on an email I got from them. Via Manila, of course.

Email said: Book from March 1 - 15, 2020. Travel to the Philippines from April 1 - December 10, 2020 and to other destinations from April 1 - May 20, August 16 - November 30, December 30 - 31, 2020. Fares just to MNL are higher.

PR is not a member of any alliance but does run its own mileage program.

This may be just the first of many deals we see to Asia as the Corona Virus scare begins to die down!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
You can credit at 125% of flown distance to All Nippon Airways Mileage Club (NH)...
E55 and ClassActTH14 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
You can credit at 125% of flown distance to All Nippon Airways Mileage Club (NH)...
The Points Guy says you can also credit to Etihad.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Those are all the time fares. Not a bargain at all.

JL currently has a $2600 fare SFO-BKK. That is a relatively good deal (though not a screaming bargain and still borderline for this forum IMO).
E55 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:05 pm

There are various reports and reviews about the transfer in Manila. Its just horrible. Personally I don't have any experience, but I'd avoid at any cost. Read those reviews before making booking.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by medimonk
There are various reports and reviews about the transfer in Manila. Its just horrible. Personally I don't have any experience, but I'd avoid at any cost. Read those reviews before making booking.
I do have experience with this, but not recent. It definitely felt third world, but it wasn't a disaster.

And thanks to Kacee for the note that this is found in other places. I'd definitely pick JAL over Philippines if the fares were roughly the same.
plunet likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The Points Guy says you can also credit to Etihad.
Not any more, that agreement ended last year.
Rim1, jfkeze and RichardInSF like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by medimonk
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I do have experience with this, but not recent. It definitely felt third world, but it wasn't a disaster.

And thanks to Kacee for the note that this is found in other places. I'd definitely pick JAL over Philippines if the fares were roughly the same.
I have done a PR transfer in MNL. It's hardly a premium experience, the airport is tired and too small, but as above its not terrible either. I can think of worse experiences such as queuing for hours for entry into US, or even the UK on a bad day.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by plunet
I have done a PR transfer in MNL. It's hardly a premium experience, the airport is tired and too small, but as above its not terrible either. I can think of worse experiences such as queuing for hours for entry into US, or even the UK on a bad day.
Within T2 the experience is still somewhat civilised. Thankfully, the LAX-KUL transit is entirely in T2.

If a terminal change is required, you’re looking at a 1.5hr ordeal involving an A/C-less waiting area and a rickety bus ride. Makes LHR/LAX seem pleasant in comparison.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Done it a few times already, beware it takes between 30-50 days for the NH miles to get posted.

MNL isn't bad as long as you're mentally prepared.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Done it a few times already, beware it takes between 30-50 days for the NH miles to get posted.

MNL isn't bad as long as you're mentally prepared.
Good to know about the details on posting time, did you have to send in copies of BPs or was it automatic?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Are these one way fares?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dav662
Are these one way fares?
RT...

Heads up SIN is also in the same range... these are nice fares but JAL is close on some dates (layovers need to be played with)

I'd pay $14 more for JAL any day of the week... better cabin, miles of course that layover needs to be fixed but did a random sample of dates....

Also LAX/SFO are served by 777s which in PR terms means recliners and 2-3-2 seating....
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
PR is running a promo that includes additional destinations.

Some of these fares don't show up on PR site. I had to book mine on Vayama to get the promo rate of $2987 RT JFK-MNL. PR site was showing $3400 for same booking.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
for those worried about a tight connection in MNL. I had a terminal 4 to terminal 3 connection - (domestic to INTL). Hopped a white cab from outside T4, took 10 minutes to get to T3, did security/immigration. Took about 50 minutes. On days where it's crazy, I can definitely see it taking 1.5+ hours with waiting for your bags, etc.

I'd recommend 2.5+ hours, some people recommend 5.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.