Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: Moscow-US in First Class from $2,299 R/T - earn 62,428

BA: Moscow-US in First Class from $2,299 R/T - earn 62,428

Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dave9lax
Yea I was wondering how the first class experience compares on San Jose flight vs SF vs LA , and which is best
SFO and LAX allow travel via JFK for more TPs and time in F, whereas SJC would only be reachable directly from LHR in F.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Did some more digging, SJC switches to a hi-J 747 at the end of the month, and I'm not sure if the 787-9/10 will be serving the west coast during 2020 Summer.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:17 pm

ft543 what are the implications of that? Which would you recommend between la, sjc, and sfo (If looking for best overall first class experience, with mileage run as Alaska 75k other benefit) ... I also couldn’t find any F availability between Moscow and London
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by dave9lax
ft543 what are the implications of that? Which would you recommend between la, sjc, and sfo (If looking for best overall first class experience, with mileage run as Alaska 75k other benefit) ... I also couldn’t find any F availability between Moscow and London
DME - LHR F is only on the flights departing at 4:05 PM.

I found SFO to be a bit more cheaper than LAX.

If you do another connecting flight from LAX - anywhere you’d get access to Qantas F lounge which is rather nice. I wonder if they’d let you backtrack to get another leg in from LAX, I.e LAX - MIA/JFK
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Are there minimum stay requirements as I have priced up a DME-LHR-SFO return with a 2 day stay in SFO all in A but it's coming out at approx $5k or 348k Roubles.

Having done a bit more research, the cheapest A class fares show up on the fares rules as World Traveller Plus Dual Inventory fares so maybe it's because that fare bucket isn't also available? I hate Dual Inventory Fares such a nonsense as they require 2 buckets to be available to price.

Last edited by Scotland; Mar 8, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Looks like Saturday night stay OR 3 days

TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE
NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE
FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST
COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF
THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
DME - LHR F is only on the flights departing at 4:05 PM.
I wonder if they’d let you backtrack to get another leg in from LAX, I.e LAX - MIA/JFK
Have you been able to get ITA or BA to price out the 4pm DME-LHR? They're only offering me the morning 321 so far.
You get 3 transfers each way, so I don't think there's a simple way to make it work. Plus you might go over MPM and start paying surcharges.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by ft543
Looks like Saturday night stay OR 3 days
Have you been able to get ITA or BA to price out the 4pm DME-LHR? They're only offering me the morning 321 so far.
You get 3 transfers each way, so I don't think there's a simple way to make it work. Plus you might go over MPM and start paying surcharges.
Simply us ba232 (233 on LHR-DME) in advanced routing codes.

Use "ba232 ba" for the more direct options or if AS is your prefered ffp.
ft543 and nickohrn like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Glenn Lee
I’m not sure if they allow you to do a direct turn without visa. Anyone can weigh in?
I did this twice last year when there was a good business fare. DME has a transit lane. You come off your inbound, through a security scan and back into departure lounge.
Both times I did B2B in the same BA plane. The turnaround was long enough to grab a bottle of Vodka in duty free and a coffee in the lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OmniSheep
I did this twice last year when there was a good business fare. DME has a transit lane. You come off your inbound, through a security scan and back into departure lounge.
Both times I did B2B in the same BA plane. The turnaround was long enough to grab a bottle of Vodka in duty free and a coffee in the lounge.
How did you convince LHR BA staff to let you board?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:12 am

Check in online I presume and document check at the gate if required?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:13 am

I showed them my ticket and passport 😉
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I showed them my ticket and passport 😉
And you hold what nationality passport?

Im only asking because numerous reports that they don’t let you do a b2b from London to Moscow on BA’s end
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:43 am

And you hold what nationality passport?

Im only asking because numerous reports that they don’t let you do a b2b from London to Moscow on BA’s end
I was traveling on UK passport.
It positioning flight was BA ticketed, the return was AA ticketed, but I don't think this made any difference. BA checked me in for both flights before I left LHR and were laughing at the strange routing, but certainly didn't suggest any issues.
The only thing I was told was that I couldn't physically remain at the gate. I did have to disembark go through the airport's transit procedure and then reboard, but I would expect this pretty much anywhere other than on internal flights at small regoinals

Last edited by OmniSheep; Mar 9, 2020 at 4:57 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It positioning flight was BA ticketed, the return was AA ticketed, but I don't think this made any difference. BA checked me in for both flights before I left LHR and were laughing at the strange routing, but certainly didn't suggest and issues.
The only thing I was told was that I couldn't physically remain at the gate. I did have to disembark go through the airport's transit procedure and the reboard, but I would expect this pretty much anywhere other than on internal flights at small regoinals
I guess I’ll give BA a call. I’m a US National so even if I attempt a b2b I’d be much less risk adverse so I’d do the second flight before (Depart LHR 8:30 AM for 5:25 AM return from DME in the event of delays, and just tough it out in the lounge). I’ll report back what they say
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:25 am

I guess I’ll give BA a call. I’m a US National so even if I attempt a b2b I’d be much less risk adverse so I’d do the second flight before (Depart LHR 8:30 AM for 5:25 AM return from DME in the event of delays, and just tough it out in the lounge). I’ll report back what they say
It positioning flight was BA ticketed, the return was AA ticketed, but I don't think this made any difference. BA checked me in for both flights before I left LHR and were laughing at the strange routing, but certainly didn't suggest and issues.
The only thing I was told was that I couldn't physically remain at the gate. I did have to disembark go through the airport's transit procedure and then reboard, but I would expect this pretty much anywhere other than on internal flights at small regoinals
There is a thread regarding b2b at DME see HERE
I was suprised by an airline overruling visa requirements set by a given country.
Good to learn that it is possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.