Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I assume demand has slumped further due to COVID-19 and how things now pan out in Europe and North America. That probably explains the return and lowered prices. One would assume more reactions will be seen in the form of dumping premium cabins. At least QR has for a while discounted loads of trip origins.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Mostly gone again...
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Originally Posted by mb752
BA is still not checking through luggage on separate PNRs, right? Anyone know if I could book a flight LHR-CDG and then a flight CDG-LHR-JFK, and when I first get to LHR, check in luggage for only the LHR-JFK segment? I've checked additional luggage for only the last leg of a trip before when I had a 12h stop and went shopping; but obviously in this case I would be trying to do this before I had flown the previous leg on that ticket.
I tried to do exactly this last month when originating from DUB with positioning flight from LHR to DUB. As soon as agent put my name and passport into system it showed my first LHR to DUB flight and I was told I couldn't check my bag from LHR to JFK (my return itinerary) as I would be flying without my bags. I was told I could check the bags in at LHR AFTER I had flown the flight back from DUB but I could not check my bags in the for the LHR - JFK while I still had other flights to fly before it.

So short answer - with BA this is not possible YMMV. If you have a short turn around in Paris (or a luggage restricted positioning flight) you can leave your luggage at LHR (in luggage storage, hotel room or car etc) and then check this in once you get back to LHR from Paris. Obviously you need to go land side to do this but, with BA Premium checkin this is not usually a big deal especially given that you have to go through security when transiting at LHR anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by flyingzzzd's
I tried to do exactly this last month when originating from DUB with positioning flight from LHR to DUB. As soon as agent put my name and passport into system it showed my first LHR to DUB flight and I was told I couldn't check my bag from LHR to JFK (my return itinerary) as I would be flying without my bags. I was told I could check the bags in at LHR AFTER I had flown the flight back from DUB but I could not check my bags in the for the LHR - JFK while I still had other flights to fly before it.

So short answer - with BA this is not possible YMMV. If you have a short turn around in Paris (or a luggage restricted positioning flight) you can leave your luggage at LHR (in luggage storage, hotel room or car etc) and then check this in once you get back to LHR from Paris. Obviously you need to go land side to do this but, with BA Premium checkin this is not usually a big deal especially given that you have to go through security when transiting at LHR anyway.
You were just unlucky - I have never had a problem with this. THE RULE is bag shouldn't go without you - but nothing prevents you going without a bag!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
You were just unlucky - I have never had a problem with this.
There have actually been multiple reports of people being denied in the relevant threads on the BA forum. Many agents will accept to check the bags but not all do, and I suspect that status has something to do with the likelihood of being accepted. In short, it is always worth asking if you can check your bag for LHR-BBB before flying LHR-AAA -- AAA-LHR-BBB but you cannot and should not assume that this will be accepted.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
You were just unlucky - I have never had a problem with this. THE RULE is bag shouldn't go without you - but nothing prevents you going without a bag!
That was the problem. I could fly to DUB and back to LHR without my bags but they wouldn't let me check my bags in for the flight from LHR - JFK while I still had to fly to DUB and back.

I have tried this previously when I had my connecting flight back out of Heathrow the next day and the answer was still no. I played ignorant about my positioning flight that night but, of course, as soon as the agent entered my passport details up popped the other flights. Again the answer was no. We didn't have time on the turn around for bags (this was to ARN on this ocassion) so we had to race to left luggage to pay to store bags for 6 hours and then go back and claim them and re-check in LHR. Stupidly BA will happily take your bags in LHR the night before your flight but only AFTER you have flown any other earlier flights.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:15 pm

My Husband is BA Gold and I'm AA Plat and we have been denied everytime.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveholt
those deals may not necessarily be in J/F, given that the business travel which happens in J/F might not be avoidable.
I work for one of AA's biggest customers. International travel now requires a board-level exemption. I have no idea what the drop in volume is, but everyone I knew who had a trip planned has had it cancelled.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Calchas
I work for one of AA's biggest customers. International travel now requires a board-level exemption. I have no idea what the drop in volume is, but everyone I knew who had a trip planned has had it cancelled.
I believe it. There are definitely some companies where that's the case. I can also tell you that the people who *really* need to travel business normally are going to continue flying business and will pay normal prices to do so because they have no choice. At the end of the day, we'll see.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:07 pm

At least one large corporation start to bring staff home as they’re concerned of a flight locked down.

Was shocked today that restaurants in paris which are usually full days ahead were available, on a positive side we had a great lunch.

Wonder what kind of travel are really required / needed and can’t be postponed.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Star Alliance now have a similar deal from PAR-ORD for July and Aug.

Sample: https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...8*2.EUR.130828
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hartwith
Star Alliance now have a similar deal from PAR-ORD for July and Aug.

Sample: https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...8*2.EUR.130828
That's €300 more than I paid.

I think *A can (and, eventually, will) do much better than that!!!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:47 am

A blog has just posted that this deal has reappeared, with Iberia offering about the same fares from Paris to Various USA destinations.

Apprently from May through to January.

I cant see dates on GF anywhere near the lower prices though. Anybody else have any luck??
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Can't replicate PAR-LAX for $1,500 any more. Ditto for PAR-SFO.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Can't replicate PAR-LAX for $1,500 any more. Ditto for PAR-SFO.
yeah, I didnt see these in the GDS when the latest "they're back" post went up. Maybe it was a quick return, I dont know, but I couldnt find any of them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.