Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mb752
Have you done it even before you flew the previous segments?
Yes once in London with AA.

Ticket was DUS-LHR-XXX
Checked in in LHR and took my AVIOS flight DUS-LHR.
This was 2018
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Booked CDG to LAX using Amex travel. Made sure to book British coded flights operated by AA on the Amex portal to maximize EQD earnings.
​​​​​

After the flight ticketed, I went to AA.com to select seats and not only did the full price appear on the booking page, but it shows as normal AA flights on the AA longhaul segments

Is this normal? Should I worry that I will get EQDs based on the price and not distance? Anyway to be certain?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by klaus79856
Yes once in London with AA.

Ticket was DUS-LHR-XXX
Checked in in LHR and took my AVIOS flight DUS-LHR.
This was 2018
Oh, awesome. Thanks for that information. That makes me a little more hopeful that this might work.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mb752
Oh, awesome. Thanks for that information. That makes me a little more hopeful that this might work.
But always have a backup !
As I remember LHR has luggage storage, so plan time in case you have to store your bags for a few hours !
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As I remember LHR has luggage storage, so plan time in case you have to store your bags for a few hours !
Yes, downstairs by arrivals; it's £12.00 an item and well worth it for peace of mind

Last edited by mikeyfly; Mar 4, 2020 at 5:26 am
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, downstairs by arrivals; it's £12.00 an item and well worth it for peace of mind
Downstairs by arrivals at which terminal or terminals? And is that £12 per day, or can I store for several days at that price?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:20 am

Of course. I'd rather plan a little more connection time in CDG though so that I can re-check bags there if needed, rather than at LHR on the second connection. CDG seems to have a nice Cathay lounge, whereas I really don't link the BA business lounges at LHR T5.

Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
Downstairs by arrivals at which terminal or terminals? And is that £12 per day, or can I store for several days at that price?
There is one at T3 arrivals, and I imagine at T5 as well? The one at T3 charged per day if I remember correctly, so for several days it came out fairly pricey for me.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Rate seems to be gone....
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by stijnec
Rate seems to be gone....
yes it's gone
frankly I'm surprised this sale lasted for so long
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
Apologies, I was referring to T5 where pax would be needing before flying to CDG and back, yes £12 per item of luggage
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sluneckov
yes it's gone
frankly I'm surprised this sale lasted for so long
Very true. I think this one lasted longer than last year's flash sale from AMS.
I debated whether to jump on it due to a variety of factors - CV, risk of strikes, the CDG experience itself - but when it was still available this morning I decided to book one. I guess the website wasn't kidding when it read "1 seat remaining"!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
When I first saw this thread a couple of days ago my reaction was to wish I lived in Europe so that it would be of some use to me. But then I kept thinking of what an amazing deal it was, and eventually I bought two for myself (CDG-xxx-MSY $11xx apiece) and one for my wife (CDG-xxx-DCA also $11xx) and we have built our whole year's travel plan around them. In my wife's case she was already planning two trips to CDG during the year, so we bought an AA PE fare with outbound in April and return in October and then nested the CDG-DCA itin in between (outbound May - return Sept). I was already planning to join my wife on the Sept-Oct trip to France, but the rest of my travel this year will be to Asia, so I will have to fill in with a couple of CDG-BKK/SIN/CGK flights, but we are now both ensured of qualifying for another year of EXP at a substantially lower cost than we had anticipated. My wife isn't sure she can travel on the dates we booked, so it helped that AA has also announced that it will waive change fees on tickets booked on the AA site March 1-16. But I booked BA and AY tickets on the Chase UR site so as to get the higher AA EQD (and paid for one of the two tickets with 76K UR points). Thanks so much to OP and others who posted helpful information about these fares.
ubiest likes this.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Mar 4, 2020 at 10:27 pm
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:53 am

For some odd reasons, I found a much lower rate on AA.com than on matrix for the same exact flights (1500 vs 3000)
BA.com rates were the same than maxtrix rates.
I gave up and booked on aa.com (so limited EQD / RDM)

Any idea why aa.com was cheaper than everything else ?

Thank you
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
F****.

Ready to book just now and everything was prepared.
920 TP CDG to LAS, back from LAX in November.
CDG-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-LAS // LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-LHR-CDG.

Hopefully there is something similiar coming up soon.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

foxyankee you had almost a week on this one! These special fares have often only been around for 48 hours ! Next time book and then use the 24hr cooling off period to make your mind up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.