Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Old Mar 2, 20, 8:35 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,817
Originally Posted by dave9lax View Post
@The_Just is that on Alaska or where are you crediting ? How did you calculate ?
64K is the seat number.
irishguy28 and The_Just like this.
skunker is offline  
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:08 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PRG
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
Which airline's stock is this on? Seems like some sort of error like you should have incurred a mileage excess of MPM upcharge but weren't charged one.
AA
sluneckov is offline  
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:29 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFOSJCOAK
Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 6,922
Originally Posted by sluneckov View Post
I ended up booking CDG-LHR-ATL-MIA-MSY / MSY-ORD-DFW-LHR-CDG for $1207
both long haul segments will (hopefully) be onboard BA's 787-10
thanks OP!
Cool!
You mean 787-10 will be on LHR-ATL & DFW-LHR?
allset2travel is offline  
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:41 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PRG
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Cool!
You mean 787-10 will be on LHR-ATL & DFW-LHR?
yes, that's the reason why I booked this routing even though it seems little bit weird to fly to/from ATL onboard anything else then Delta
July seems to be safe for both destinations to be served by 78X
sluneckov is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:06 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 2,339
For the same price I found Paris to New Orleans. Route through LHR and you can pick AA via T3 (Cathay) or BA via T5 (First / Concorde, if applicable). There's also the option to connect through Dallas, adding 40TP each way, in addition to offering BA's 787-10 with Club Suites (if you pick the correct flight).
CDG-LHR-DFW-MSY r/t for £894 ($1140) and awarding 440TPs (I don't know EQD/M and all that stuff).
Only tickets through AA. BA charges about 2-3K more for the same.
estrangeiro8 likes this.
mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 6:14 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: PRG/VIE
Programs: BA SI;KLM SI;AE SI
Posts: 14
Question

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
For the same price I found Paris to New Orleans. Route through LHR and you can pick AA via T3 (Cathay) or BA via T5 (First / Concorde, if applicable). There's also the option to connect through Dallas, adding 40TP each way, in addition to offering BA's 787-10 with Club Suites (if you pick the correct flight).
CDG-LHR-DFW-MSY r/t for £894 ($1140) and awarding 440TPs (I don't know EQD/M and all that stuff).
Only tickets through AA. BA charges about 2-3K more for the same.
Hey mmxbreaks, which flight you see with BA 787 to Dallas? Afaik there are only retrofitted 777s starting FEB20 to Dallas from LHR. Otherwise your routing is very nice and I am considering it srsly, but I would love to try those new 787s.

Mind sharing your matrix result?
jendartw is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 6:35 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 2,339
Originally Posted by jendartw View Post
Hey mmxbreaks, which flight you see with BA 787 to Dallas? Afaik there are only retrofitted 777s starting FEB20 to Dallas from LHR. Otherwise your routing is very nice and I am considering it srsly, but I would love to try those new 787s.

Mind sharing your matrix result?
BA193 / BA192 on some dates. Will depend on delivery of that aircraft too. It's definitely 787-10, says so in my booking (below) and seats are certainly Club Suite layout.

mmxbreaks is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 11:43 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SAN
Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Posts: 156
Well, out of San Diego, BA mostly flies a somewhat updated 747. That's our only option. To me its just not worth the trouble of flying SAN-DFW to get on an AA 777 or spend the time and hassle to fly out of LAX. Besides, my favorite seats 64A and 64K were available and theres just something that is special to me about those upstairs J seats on a 747. I don't really care about the IFE with I've got 5 windows all to myself to entertain me.

And I credit to AA but purchase through BA. Better value that way for me.
Calchas likes this.
The_Just is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 12:30 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,817
Originally Posted by The_Just View Post
Well, out of San Diego, BA mostly flies a somewhat updated 747. That's our only option. To me its just not worth the trouble of flying SAN-DFW to get on an AA 777 or spend the time and hassle to fly out of LAX. Besides, my favorite seats 64A and 64K were available and theres just something that is special to me about those upstairs J seats on a 747. I don't really care about the IFE with I've got 5 windows all to myself to entertain me.

And I credit to AA but purchase through BA. Better value that way for me.
My option didn't include either an AA 777 or flying out of LAX, just through it.

But, as long as you are happy that's all that matters.
The_Just likes this.
skunker is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 1:02 pm
  #85  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,008
Maybe I am stating the obvious, itís definitely worth looking at the British Airways forum and in particular the thread there about the roll out of the new club suite. I usually avoid BA as much as possible and look for AA metal, but with suite rolling out to my home airport I am psyched to get the quickest routing home. Also worth noting the MAD-LAX routing for west coasters on IB metal is a decent option.
stephem is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:43 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LHR
Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Posts: 818
Originally Posted by alp67 View Post
I think the OP's intention here is to drop-off the luggage when flying to CDG but for the outbound section of the other ticket (CDG)-LHR-JFK and not doing it after coming back from CDG.
That is my intention too (London based) as my positioning flight to CDG will be on a different ticket, so no issue with passing through the same airport twice. Just check the back in to the US when I get my flight to CDG. Is there any issue with this?
Jase76 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 4:33 pm
  #87  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,864
Originally Posted by Jase76 View Post
Just check the back in to the US when I get my flight to CDG. Is there any issue with this?
If you are an EU citizen or a British citizen flying this year, it should not be a problem. The system will show that you are entitled to end your journey in France without further documentation or onward tickets.

If neither of the above apply and you are a UK resident it should be fine to show the back-to-back CDG-LON ticket. Sometimes this kind of back to back stuff confuses agents but they'll eventually figure out that it's fine. Most of the time they don't even ask.
Calchas is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 4:43 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
If you are an EU citizen or a British citizen flying this year, it should not be a problem.

If neither of the above apply and you are a UK resident it should be fine to show the back-to-back CDG-LON ticket. Sometimes this kind of back to back stuff confuses agents but they'll eventually figure out that it's fine.
No, I think this is still purely about the luggage too, not about immigration. (Unless I misread your reply?)
The question is, if you have one ticket LHR-CDG, and a separate ticked CDG-LHR-JFK. Can you, on your first (!) visit to LHR, check in a bag only for the LHR-JFK flight?

Or put differently: If you have a ticket for AAA-BBB-CCC, then after you have flown AAA-BBB, if at BBB you want to check in a bag for the remaining BBB-CCC flight, that's not a problem. But can you do the same before you have flown the AAA-BBB segment? When at this point you're not even "supposed" to be at BBB yet.

edit: I think Jase76 misspelled "bag" as "back". They too want to "check the bag in to the US" when they're at LHR the first time, before flying LHR-CDG and back.

Last edited by mb752; Mar 3, 20 at 4:45 pm Reason: Added clarification.
mb752 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 4:53 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 79856 Hinterzarten, Germany
Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Posts: 87
So far I have done that bag check in the middle of the trip only with AA, and it is never a problem.
They only look that you max. allowance is right.
For oneworld Emerald in this case 2PC+1

I remember in the past on *A
UA,US,LH ... at the end suddenly there were 6PC
klaus79856 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 4:54 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by klaus79856 View Post
So far I have done that bag check in the middle of the trip only with AA, and it is never a problem.
They only look that you max. allowance is right.
For oneworld Emerald in this case 2PC+1

I remember in the past on *A
UA,US,LH ... at the end suddenly there were 6PC
Have you done it even before you flew the previous segments?
mb752 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread