Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ow/*A/ST -- PHX to FRA round trip around $2k July/Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I'm not much of a poster in this thread, so my apologies if this doesn't meet the thread requirements or isn't a good deal, but I don't see too many ex-USA to Europe business class fares in July on the board that often. If there's an existing thread, please merge. I don't know how to look up fare rules or to see if this is part of a more broadly available fare from other cities, so I'll just post what I found and others can figure out there are other ways to exploit. It looks as though BA metal is possible for those who get AARP discounts and it also looks as though American is available at a slight premium so maybe AA Vacations will be possible. I was able to get fares just under $2k on Delta/KLM using Amex IAP.

Anyway, I was looking at Eurowings' new PHX-FRA flight and saw that business class fares on the LH website drop from around $4k to $2076 in July and August. Other airlines appear to be matching or close to matching. Here are sample dates that I was playing around with:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
mechteach, srikp, mchangmd and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm not much of a poster in this thread, so my apologies if this doesn't meet the thread requirements or isn't a good deal, but I don't see too many ex-USA to Europe business class fares in July on the board that often. If there's an existing thread, please merge. I don't know how to look up fare rules or to see if this is part of a more broadly available fare from other cities, so I'll just post what I found and others can figure out there are other ways to exploit. It looks as though BA metal is possible for those who get AARP discounts and it also looks as though American is available at a slight premium so maybe AA Vacations will be possible. I was able to get fares just under $2k on Delta/KLM using Amex IAP.

Anyway, I was looking at Eurowings' new PHX-FRA flight and saw that business class fares on the LH website drop from around $4k to $2076 in July and August. Other airlines appear to be matching or close to matching. Here are sample dates that I was playing around with:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, you're right there aren't that many ex US deals that are $2k.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nice fare!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:06 am

Google flights shows UA flights for the same dates at $ 2,081.00 r/t. Option 1 via ORD ( Polaris ) all UA, option 2 via DEN connecting to LH. Not a bad deal at all. Unfortunately I need it the other way around an in winter.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:48 am

Momondo showed me something intriguing - Economy on the way and biz on the way back for ~$1450, in case it would be useful to some of you.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Sample Itinerary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.