Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK to BOG $578 (non-stop)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Nice sale with Delta on their non-stop service between New York (JFK) and Bogota, Colombia. Probably can play around the fare like other NA-SA Delta fares but I focused on the non-stop component...

A base member would earn 2290 RDMs , 7420 MQMs and 458 MQDs.

FlyingBlue members would earn 24 XPs each way for a total of 48 XPs.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:07 am

Just curious...what are chances of SDC (as PM this is always an option for me) this to include a connection in ATL? I'd need to position to NYC (I see both LGA and JFK with this price) and the price is definitely cheap enough to justify a positioning flight but ideally flying through ATL would mean a more comfortable flight to BOG.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:45 am

United seems to be matching.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by cute_lil_bmw
Just curious...what are chances of SDC (as PM this is always an option for me) this to include a connection in ATL? I'd need to position to NYC (I see both LGA and JFK with this price) and the price is definitely cheap enough to justify a positioning flight but ideally flying through ATL would mean a more comfortable flight to BOG.
per the program rules, SDC is not permitted on International Itineraries, so YMMV. My gut instinct says it's very unlikely.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Won't happen unless your flight is oversold and they need volunteers. DL won't allow SDC on an international. Only time I've had any luck SDCing as a diamond on a flight involving international was one time I had a long layover in ATL returning from from an international flight using a GUC and the skyclub was able to get me on an earlier flight from ATL back home.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
You can SDC once the international legs of your ticket are over but not before then.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
SDC on int'l PNR not permitted if any int'l segments remain, and even this has proven difficult for me on occasion....

Last edited by funflier; Feb 24, 2020 at 6:10 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by funflier
SDC on int'l PNR not permitted if any int'l segments remain, and even this has proven difficult for me on occasion....
False. You can SDC after all of the international segments have been flown.

ADDED: When I posted this, the post I quoted said simply "No SDC on international PNR."
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
False. You can SDC after all of the international segments have been flown.

ADDED: When I posted this, the post I quoted said simply "No SDC on international PNR."
My apologies. Dangers of the touch screen. Hit submit with my palm inadvertently but corrected immediately. Thanks for the update.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:14 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

From ATL they have D1 but from JFK it says First. D1 attractive but flight under five hours and $200 more than JFK at the best option I could find to fly from the northeast.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Won't happen unless your flight is oversold and they need volunteers. DL won't allow SDC on an international. Only time I've had any luck SDCing as a diamond on a flight involving international was one time I had a long layover in ATL returning from from an international flight using a GUC and the skyclub was able to get me on an earlier flight from ATL back home.
You're dead right on Delta and not allowing SDC on intl flights.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I suppose I’ve gotten lucky then.

I almost routinely SDC my flight MSP-JFK on the way to ZRH every couple months.

I’m well aware of the restriction, but they don’t even bring it up.
angra likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: skymiles
any creative routings? I can only find on nonstops looking for lax/slc/dtw routings no success
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Valid from YYZ for USD 60ish more...A base SkyMiles member, you could earn 2570 RDMs , 8920 MQMs and 514 MQDs.

FlyingBlue members would earn 15 XPs for the YYZ-JFK and then 24 XPs for JFK-BOG and BOG-JFK with an additional 15 XPs for JFK-YYZ for a total of for a total of 78 XPs.

Book Flights Here!

Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:12 am

Gotcha. I'll play around in the matrix and see if I can find a connection thru ATL instead. Thanks guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.