Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: AMS-SEA in PE from €630 - Nonstop!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM

Great premium economy fares from Amsterdam to Seattle, starting from €630:
  • You can find this deal from March 01, 2020, until May 31
  • Earn with this deal up to 23,522 miles! You can also accumulate 200% MQM with selected airlines!
  • This route is operated by the Delta Premium Select (Airbus A330-900neo) that features extra recliner seats with extra legroom!
The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: PREMIUM ECONOMY DEAL: DELTA AMSTERDAM TO SEATTLE FROM €630 - PREMIUM CABIN
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM
Would it make more sense to fly the AF PE on the return?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM
Originally Posted by greycap7
if you want to try two different products, I do recommend you to do so!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:44 pm

I was really unhappy with the AF premium economy. The recline is really uncomfortable as it doesn’t actually recline, it just squeezes you closer to the seat in front of you.

I prefer Delta premium select.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Anyone had any luck getting this AF-marketed? It seems to price out fine as such on matrix, but not when I actually go to any site to buy it.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AF *marketed* flights should maximize MQDs (and earn the same number of MQMs for at least most PE fare classes).
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta SM
Why does it show no mileage earned with Delta Skymiles?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by ruby&carlos
Why does it show no mileage earned with Delta Skymiles?
Looks like a bug in the wheretocredit calculator. It's revenue based, so it doesn't actually know, but it should at least say something useful other than 0. (On the non-calculator pages it at least says the RDMs/ $)
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, HH Gold
I also noticed LHR-AUS for £588 return on DL Premium Select for dates in May. A350 via DTW, VS metal via JFK and DL 767 via ATL. West coast was £700 return. Haven’t seen fares like that for a long time in PE ex UK. My dates were 8th-11th May.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
These are really good prices for PE. Never worth over 1000 £/€ but here it's a steal.

Agree with the previous poster. PE in AF has a bad hard product. For day flights it's good (And the service is top notch) but for night flights it's not better than standard Y.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AF *marketed* flights should maximize MQDs (and earn the same number of MQMs for at least most PE fare classes).
AF's website is likely not understanding DL's PS yet, likely because this is the first time DL loads PS fares on this route (likely because these planes were supposed to be for the Asian market, but because of the coronavirus they are moving them to other flights).

When I price them under AF codes, they get priced under V & N (which credit as Economy for DL). The seatmap is indeed the PS one, but hovering over a seat it shows as "business", and the legend of the seatmap shows "Comfort +".

I wouldn't recommend taking the risk at getting them through AF and then trying to argue with DL to get them credited as Premium Economy.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Theres a glut of PE seats as DL has redeployed A350/777/A339 that normally fly to China on TATL to CDG/AMS/LHR over next 2-3 months.
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: FB Plat
yeah, guess we're sort of lucky to get that sweet A339 at AMS :-)

(happy to fill those seats at that price!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.