Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OneWorld - Algiers to Boston J Business Class $1,376

Old Feb 20, 20, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Algiers to Boston J Business Class $1,376

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
MaxVO likes this.
Old Feb 20, 20, 4:17 pm

Great fare, with quite a lot of tier points for the price and A350 leg, but most citizenships requires a visa for Algeria, and that one is not the easiest/cheapest to get...
MaxVO and sluneckov like this.
Old Feb 20, 20, 4:45 pm

Perhaps eVisa will simplify the process, if/when it becomes available.
Old Feb 20, 20, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Perhaps eVisa will simplify the process, if/when it becomes available.
Officials said that they are planning to introduce a evisa as soon as this year. Not sure if we can trust what algerians officials are saying though.
Old Feb 20, 20, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
The ~$1,400 OW ALG-LAX fares are still live. Way more miles for a MR.
Old Feb 20, 20, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I did ALG-LAX last year. Getting a visa was impossible so I flew in,turnaround and dropped the last leg.
Old Feb 20, 20, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by frebay View Post
I did ALG-LAX last year. Getting a visa was impossible so I flew in,turnaround and dropped the last leg.
Good idea! Still need one visa to start the trip, right?
Old Feb 21, 20, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
It is possible to TWOV at ALG and pretty straightforward.
Algiers Airport Transit

B2B without a visa is not for the faint hearted, but several others and I have done it. From reports above, it seems MAD is a good starting point for that.

Once on the ground, however, the airport is bleak, although modern and pretty. The Swissport lounge is not much better - pastries, bottled water, juice, tea and coffee.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 6:56 am

Good luck getting a visa.....in London with double daily flights it's near-impossible.
Old Feb 21, 20, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by ubiest View Post
It is possible to TWOV at ALG and pretty straightforward.
Algiers Airport Transit

B2B without a visa is not for the faint hearted, but several others and I have done it. From reports above, it seems MAD is a good starting point for that.

Once on the ground, however, the airport is bleak, although modern and pretty. The Swissport lounge is not much better - pastries, bottled water, juice, tea and coffee.

I would not be confident if I had to board a plane to Algeria without a valid visa. Especially if it's a positionning flight.

​​​​​​Airport or airline staff may deny boarding even if you are entitled to a TWOV according to Algeria regulations. It happened for people trying to benefit from this policy by transiting in China, despite the Chinese procedure being well documented... So for Algeria...

The risk of no show is just too high. If the flight to ALG is oversold, airline staff will be more than pleased to deny boarding because you don't have a valid visa.

The Algerian multiple entry visa valid up to 90 days costs 85 and it is well spent if you are planning to buy those business fares from ALG. You will be much more confident especially if you spend a night in Algiers before the departure. And Algiers is totally worth visiting, it is one of the most beautiful city in Africa if not the most beautiful (only downside is overpriced hotels).

For a transit Visa multiple entry, you will need tickets and proof of the right to travel to the third country you are going to, as well as proof of ressources or salary slips/employer statement...

Other option is wait for the evisa to be introduced : it is planned for this year.
Old Feb 21, 20, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by frebay View Post
I got a visa from the embassy in NYC, it was no hassle at all. Dropped the paperwork off and came back like 10 days later to pick up.
IstKong likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I got a visa from the embassy in NYC, it was no hassle at all. Dropped the paperwork off and came back like 10 days later to pick up.
How much was it? Was it a multi-entry visa? How valid was it for?
Thanks,
JCD
Old Feb 21, 20, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
How much was it? Was it a multi-entry visa? How valid was it for?
Thanks,
JCD
I forget the price, $1XX I think. It was a 2-year multi-entry. I think it's still good until Nov of this year. Might do one more ALG turn before then, or perhaps get a new visa. I've done two ALG-LAX. Great way to earn EQM, good excuse to visit friends in LA and as mentioned, Algiers is a wonderful city to visit, but yea...the hotels are awful and overpriced.
Old Feb 21, 20, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Now it is $1688
Old Feb 22, 20, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Now it is $1688
ouch, these ex-ALG IB fares appear to have all
been reset on Feb 21 to what i would say is more market value. Bummer. /LAX/ routing is still there for NYC, but price is up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: