Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC: YYJ-YUL-YVR-TPE in Mixed PremEcon/Business US$1,305

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Air Canada's current premium economy (N) fares from Victoria to Asia:
- allow for backtracking eastward to YYZ/YUL en route to YVR gateway
- book into business (Rouge) on the domestic YYJ-YUL-YYJ and YYJ-YYZ-YYJ sectors
- permit a free stopover

The best mileage run seems to be YYJ-TPE for $1,305 as below, which would be worth about 5,700 PQP if credited to United.

The fare is bookable using ITA Matrix PowerTools. Note that YYJ-YUL is a seasonal June-October flight.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Air Canada's current premium economy (N) fares from Victoria to Asia:
- allow for backtracking eastward to YYZ/YUL en route to YVR gateway
- book into business (Rouge) on the domestic YYJ-YUL-YYJ and YYJ-YYZ-YYJ sectors
- permit a free stopover

The best mileage run seems to be YYJ-TPE for $1,305 as below, which would be worth about 5,700 PQP if credited to United.

The fare is bookable using ITA Matrix PowerTools. Note that YYJ-YUL is a seasonal June-October flight.
Very nice deal -- I'm calculating 5984 PQP, using milecalc and at 200% for D and 125% for N.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I wonder if you could SDC to fly YYJ-YVR-YYZ-YUL-YVR-TPE or something to maximize wide-body experience.

Does the fare allow free stopovers in Canada? That would be a pretty easy way to force yourself onto a wide-body everywhere.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
Very nice deal -- I'm calculating 5984 PQP, using milecalc and at 200% for D and 125% for N.
You're right. My mistake!

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I wonder if you could SDC to fly YYJ-YVR-YYZ-YUL-YVR-TPE or something to maximize wide-body experience.

Does the fare allow free stopovers in Canada? That would be a pretty easy way to force yourself onto a wide-body everywhere.
Would Y+ on a wide-body be preferable to regional J in AC Rouge?

As the original post mentions, 1 stopover is free.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:46 pm

You're right. My mistake!

Would Y+ on a wide-body be preferable to regional J in AC Rouge?

As the original post mentions, 1 stopover is free.
PY would be preferable to me because I can upgrade it.

A lot of these fares have restrictions on the stopovers (like which continent they can be in), so I wasn't sure whether you could stick one in YUL or YYZ.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
this is an awesome deal, how are you searching this? I get you are using matrix but you using any advanced controls etc?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by whitethunder
this is an awesome deal, how are you searching this? I get you are using matrix but you using any advanced controls etc?

Thanks
In advanced controls throw in YUL,YYZ YVR on the outbound and reverse it for the inbound. f bc=n in the right hand boxes too

If you are asking how one is finding these fares, it’s normally plugging in 2 cities, finding a good price and then checking out the fare rules to see how much “fun” you can have with regards the routing
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Does this work from Eastern Canada too? Specifically I'd like to travel from YOW, YUL, or YYZ.

​​
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
It is the same price from Ottawa, but I could not get it to allow the cross country trek first which is the real benefit. Many options where domestic flights can be done in Economy B fare - good for upgrades.

CC
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
6:45am YYJ departure would require overnight in Victoria somewhere if repositioning? Or is there some later flight available that I'm not seeing?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
There is a 12.15pm option which is much less painful to YYZ if you want to avoid the hotel (also a 11.20pm which would be much more painful) :

Victoria (YYJ) to Toronto (YYZ) — Mon, Sep 7
Air Canada 1680
Dep: 12:15 pm
Arr: 7:46 pm
4h 31m
Boeing 767
Business (D)
Meal
OPERATED BY AIR CANADA ROUGE
Layover in YYZ
2h 49m

CC
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

If YYJ is inconvenient for positioning, the fare will also work in the same way from YCD and YLW, which both have Rouge service to YYZ.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:21 pm

If YYJ is inconvenient for positioning, the fare will also work in the same way from YCD and YLW, which both have Rouge service to YYZ.
YYJ is fine from Seattle. I figure I can split-ticket connection on AS, take the ferry perhaps, or maybe go SEA-YVR-YYJ on AC? That's a lot of time on a Dash-8 tho.

Interestingly, I can actually get some segments to come up in B (full-fare Y) which actually appears to earn more PQP than discount PE.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
YYJ is fine from Seattle. I figure I can split-ticket connection on AS, take the ferry perhaps, or maybe go SEA-YVR-YYJ on AC? That's a lot of time on a Dash-8 tho.

Interestingly, I can actually get some segments to come up in B (full-fare Y) which actually appears to earn more PQP than discount PE.
Anything without PY (or if it's N0?) should work in B. But this is a nasty run to sit in a lower cabin than you're paying for.

I'm not sure if you could do it on the over-water leg though.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Anything without PY (or if it's N0?) should work in B. But this is a nasty run to sit in a lower cabin than you're paying for.

I'm not sure if you could do it on the over-water leg though.
I wasn't able to pull it up for overwater legs, but YUL-YYZ in (B) A220 seems fine. Might be a fun way to try out the new plane?

I'm very tempted to fly this -- by my count, if I fly this and the Europe J deal, I'd be at 21k PQP or so for $6k in spend, which is approx. 2x what I spent on airfare last year. Would have to find a way to cheaply fill out the last 4k PQP or so tho.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.