FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AC/UA/LX: SFO/NYC to DEL/BOM - $24xx (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2009612-ac-ua-lx-sfo-nyc-del-bom-24xx.html)

reddysetgo Feb 18, 2020 11:18 am

AC/UA/LX: SFO/NYC to DEL/BOM - $24xx

Hi folks,

Seems like a good deal and price seems to be available for a while -
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=O...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Regards.

Babybluejeans Feb 18, 2020 11:40 am

Any idea what the United PQPs would be if flown on the AC flight?

Polytonic Feb 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Babybluejeans (Post 32086579)
Any idea what the United PQPs would be if flown on the AC flight?

According to GCMap SFO-YVR-DEL-YVR-SFO is 15469mi, divide by 5 and multiply by 2 is 6187 PQP (39cpp)

Edit: I can't get this to ticket on AC stock though. You might be able to plate on LH-group, but I don't have access to anything other than Google Flights right now.

RichVan Feb 18, 2020 12:02 pm

I got it to price out on AC - SFO-YYZ-ZRH-BOM then BOM-DEL-YYZ-SFO for $2400 but AC won't accept my payment (and I know there's no issue with the cards). Expedia is re-pricing anything I find now, and I can't find anything that will ticket anymore. (the worst part is AC put a hold for the 2400 USD on my card, @#%$@!)

Looks like they got on top of this one quickly? Anyone else able to ticket and credit it all to AC?

I can't get anything to ticket now on *A. Darn. This would have been a great mileage run.

Edit: I can get it to price out on United SFO-YVR-DEL and back at 3200CAD, but it's not worth it to me without the AC AQD that way. :(

RichVan Feb 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Well holy cow, I'm sure glad I didn't try and purchase elsewhere. It went through on AC. I logged into my Aeroplan account and looked at my bookings and it's showing as ticketed.

dep:
AC SFO-YYZ
AC YYZ-ZRH
LX ZRH-BOM

ret:
AI BOM-DEL
AC DEL-YYZ
AC YYZ-SFO

Now to bookend a positioning flight from YVR in a week or two when it sticks and Bob's my uncle!

Edit: I've been able to select my seats on Swiss now and got an odd numbered window single seat (A330 from ZRH to BOM). Can't select on the short AI hop.

I just calculated my mileage on this one - with it all booking into P all on AC stock, that's getting me about 33,000 AQM. Works out to 7cpm for full lie-flats around the globe?

segiddins Feb 18, 2020 4:42 pm

What dates did you book for? I’m having trouble finding AC J on the outbound TATL

RichVan Feb 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by segiddins (Post 32087595)
What dates did you book for? I’m having trouble finding AC J on the outbound TATL

Early April in and out.

I couldn't get it to price at that low fare minutes later so I think AC quashed it. I'm still not convinced it's going to stick.

Edit: AC just emailed me my changes in seat assignments I made, and the ticket number is there, so it looks like the tickets were issued.

Boston Elite Feb 19, 2020 1:20 am

This is a good fare, but I don't think it is so low that it would be an 'error' fare.

I would offer the suggestion to check the timing of your BOM-DEL connecting flight on the return, that flight is historically late "a lot" and the connecting process (lol, if you want to call it that) is absurd.

I've taken the AC flights to/from Toronto/DEL before and I enjoyed the flight and the service. Generally I come back from India on European airlines simply to avoid the absurdly early arrival time into the US.

RichVan Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Boston Elite (Post 32088686)
This is a good fare, but I don't think it is so low that it would be an 'error' fare.

I would offer the suggestion to check the timing of your BOM-DEL connecting flight on the return, that flight is historically late "a lot" and the connecting process (lol, if you want to call it that) is absurd.

I've taken the AC flights to/from Toronto/DEL before and I enjoyed the flight and the service. Generally I come back from India on European airlines simply to avoid the absurdly early arrival time into the US.

I've flown through BOM and DEL a couple of times, but never with a connection. I won't be checking a bag (I'd be insane), and I have a 3 hour connection window, so I'm sure that'll be enough time.

YXXFlyer Feb 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks OP! just ticketed on AC through Amex for cad$3,282.

sfo-yyc-Yyz-del//del-zrh-BRU//BRU-Yyz-yyc-sfo.
Overnight stop in Calgary each way to get some rest.
had to get to BRU anyway so great savings and more miles :)

segiddins Feb 22, 2020 10:09 pm

PNA46SNC is now pricing out around $3000 R/T for SFO-DEL