Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance companion sale from AMS - Asia € 1.085 - SYD € 1.550 plus others

Star Alliance companion sale from AMS - Asia € 1.085 - SYD € 1.550 plus others

Old Feb 14, 20, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Is this fare only ex-Europe, or does it also work to Europe?
Old Feb 15, 20, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I just booked my september diving holiday to Mafia Island. AMS to Dar es Salam out in first and back in business class for 3200 E for the both of us . Very happy , first time first class. I booked directly on the swiss website and saw something strange . When the fares showed for the return flight it was around 1700 E for Y , 550 for C and 1100 for F. You either must be a masochist or you need a lot of flexibility for booking a Y ticket.
Old Feb 15, 20, 3:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I was looking for CPT but with no success.

M
Old Feb 15, 20, 6:05 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by scubadave View Post
I just booked my september diving holiday to Mafia Island. AMS to Dar es Salam out in first and back in business class for 3200 E for the both of us . Very happy , first time first class. I booked directly on the swiss website and saw something strange . When the fares showed for the return flight it was around 1700 E for Y , 550 for C and 1100 for F. You either must be a masochist or you need a lot of flexibility for booking a Y ticket.
This sale is considered to be a private fare that can only be combined with private fares. Since there most current economy class fares are public fares, they cannot be combined with the sale fare in biz or first.
Old Feb 15, 20, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
£1,915.00 for 2 return to JNB for Christmas, very happy!
Old Feb 15, 20, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
AMS-AKL still available

Still going, though limited availability to AKL, booked 4 for early Aug yesterday at ~$1700 pp.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 15, 20, 10:10 am

Programs: FB*S, BA, AG
Thanks so much! Just booked AMS-ZRH-KIX-AKL-HKG-FRA-AMS for 1700 USD in November. With a day for sushi in Osaka! Really appreciate the recommendation!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:39 pm

DId you find fares on Expedia/Orbitz, right?
Old Feb 17, 20, 1:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
Is this fare only ex-Europe, or does it also work to Europe?
I think it is safe to assume that it would have been reported in this thread if these fares were available from other destination, let alone from outside Europe.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 20, 7:46 am

Programs: FB*S, BA, AG
Booked via Orbitz
Old Feb 17, 20, 9:10 am

I still can’t find those fares. Could someone kindly share a sample booking link with OTAs please? Thank you
Old Feb 17, 20, 4:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by appledabble View Post
I still can’t find those fares. Could someone kindly share a sample booking link with OTAs please? Thank you
You search for two persons?

Try google flight - far easier to find the dates where the fare is available. Once you have the dates you can book with the OTA of your liking or directly with LH or LX
Old Feb 18, 20, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Etihad Silver
Is this deal already gone? I can’t find it on the Swiss Website for Amsterdam and at GF neither.
Old Feb 18, 20, 6:48 am

nope, still well alive, however availability is quite limited by now...
Old Feb 18, 20, 12:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Google flights and ITA Matrix both showed me availability that I could not book on any OTA or with Swiss directly. I tried different agents at Swiss who all claimed there was no availability on any date I asked for and you could really detect that they couldn't care less. Not a great impression really. Trial and error on the Swiss website using the special offer landing page where they show days the offer is available on the calendar helped me. After noting the dates and flight numbers the offer was available for I used their multi-city booking tool to piece together my itinerary and book it with Swiss directly online.

In the meantime, I have found the way to do it, although I do not need any more of these. Use Skyscanner and set your location to Netherlands (Language can still be English). Find your dates for your desired location. Either book it straight from there or (if you can) select the exact same flights on the Swiss website. The advantage with Skyscanner is that the OTA's feed their prices back before Skyscanner displays them. Do check though, that the booking is really labelled as business class. Some agencies use the P class fare but book into Y.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: