Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance companion sale from AMS - Asia € 1.085 - SYD € 1.550 plus others

Star Alliance companion sale from AMS - Asia € 1.085 - SYD € 1.550 plus others

Old Feb 11, 20, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
In case you haven’t noticed, it’s possible to fly SQ’s new A380 Suites to SYD as part of this fare.
Yes, I have noticed, and I'm happy to be on that leg as part of my itinerary
Old Feb 11, 20, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium
Thanks OP. Just booked LX AMS-BKK outbound in J inbound in F for under 3k for 2. Would have needed those flight any way and the next best option would have been AY J ex-ARN for 500 more.
Old Feb 11, 20, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by AnttiV View Post
Thanks OP. Just booked LX AMS-BKK outbound in J inbound in F for under 3k for 2. Would have needed those flight any way and the next best option would have been AY J ex-ARN for 500 more.
Can you link your gig?
Old Feb 11, 20, 2:15 pm

I have Choosen all my seats except the singapore
airlines Leg it wont let me?
Old Feb 11, 20, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands View Post
Can you link your gig?
Can't price the mixed cabin itins on GF so booked direct on LH.com so hard to provide a direct link. Just use the LH site and choose different cabins when selecting the flights.
Old Feb 11, 20, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Had issues getting AMS-AKL/SYD-AMS in First Class for flexible dates wanted. Needed first on FRA/ZRH-SIN-AKL/SYD. Did get GF to show but said to call LX to book and LX said not available.
I could not get it on LX or LH web site. Originally best was AMS-AKL and return SYD-AMS.

Finally called my travel agent and was able to get AMS-SYD-AMS with ZRH-SIN-SYD-SIN-ZRH (LX & SQ) in first. $6,377.40 USD for 2.
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
OK I gave in and booked AMS-BKK, One way in Business with LH and the return in F with LX. Each person CAD$2000 approx.
Old Feb 11, 20, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by poppyz View Post
I have Choosen all my seats except the singapore
airlines Leg it wont let me?

​​​​​​​I managed to select seats using the booking reference on the singapore website,
It might work for you ?
Old Feb 12, 20, 1:49 am

Is this gone? Google flights seems to show outdated calendars - I'm looking for AMS - SYD at the beginning of September with AKL-AMS return mid Oct
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:14 am

I think so, stopped working for me suddenly around 24h ago
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Azaroz View Post
I think so, stopped working for me suddenly around 24h ago
Damn I always hesitate too long.

One other thing: what is it that when I search through Google Flights I find the fare, but if I try to book it through say CheapOAir it shows that the class is coach?
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
Had issues getting AMS-AKL/SYD-AMS in First Class for flexible dates wanted. Needed first on FRA/ZRH-SIN-AKL/SYD. Did get GF to show but said to call LX to book and LX said not available.
I could not get it on LX or LH web site. Originally best was AMS-AKL and return SYD-AMS.

Finally called my travel agent and was able to get AMS-SYD-AMS with ZRH-SIN-SYD-SIN-ZRH (LX & SQ) in first. $6,377.40 USD for 2.
i’ve tried to call swiss myself they told me they were unable to book it. I am fortunately don’t have a good travel agent so I don’t know where to go to get something like this ticketed.
Old Feb 12, 20, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Maaaaaciej View Post

One other thing: what is it that when I search through Google Flights I find the fare, but if I try to book it through say CheapOAir it shows that the class is coach?
Maybe matrix uses cache for some results and you get an old information - those fares were selling pretty fast
Old Feb 12, 20, 6:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum

It did the same to me several times when following the Google Flights link. However, when adjusting the dates back and forth within CheapOair, it showed Business fares again. And I was able to make a successful booking too. That was on Monday evening, though.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yip me too - LX had AMS-JNB for under £1k and I guess I waited 24 hours too long as they are all gone this evening!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: