Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR LAX-KUL $2486.02 QSuite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR LAX-KUL $2486.02 QSuite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
The Iberia website. It's indicated in the details for Iberia Plus, if you look at the tier specifics.
Looking at the details for Plata (oneworld Ruby) qualification, I see this language:

"Of these 25 flights, at least one must be with an IB code (operated by Iberia or another partner in the Iberia Plus programme) and have a fare that qualifies for Elite Points."

But the requirement of having at least one Iberia-coded flight appears to apply only if you seek qualification based on 25 flights flown on Iberia and just a few partners ([b]not [i/b]AA, CX, QR, and most other oneworld airlines). I do not see any mention of a one-IB coded-flight requirement if you qualify for status by acquiring status points on the other oneworld carriers. Do you see such a requirement anywhere?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by nov11
Thank you for the great fare OP!

For those looking for QSuites flights all 3 KUL flights (or rather, most since some will be swapped last minute) are scheduled to be operated with QSuites until the end of Winter 2019/2020 schedule (29MAR20). When Summer 2020 schedule begins (30MAR20), QR tentatively scheduled: 77P for QR 848/849 77P, 359 with QSuites for QR 852/853 and non QSuites 359 for QR 844/845.

QR 853 and QR 844 offers the best connection to/from LAX but if you want to be on QSuites, stay a few extra hours at DOH to connect to QR 848 from LAX.
I just returned last week from PHL-DOH-BKK-DOH-PHL and the one leg from BKK to DOH was supposed to be lie flats, the only non q suite leg. Imagine my surprise when there was an equipment change in that flight alone and I wound up doing all 4 in QSuites. The product is awesome. You wont be disappointed.
Tack likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by guv1976
Do you see such a requirement anywhere?
Hmm, it seems the pages about the tiers have recently been updated. I assume it's gone since then. I did check also the Spanish version now.

I have personally contemplated in the past switching to Iberia Plus, since I'd easily qualify for IB+ Platino, but wrestling with IB is tiresome. Would easily do at least one IB flight per year. The advantage would be 24 months for qualifying and being able to upgrade IB flights with Avios. It's however more cumbersome as a UX to use IB+, rather than e.g. BAEC or AAdvantage.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Awesome- Booked mine earlier for November- From what I can tell, all my legs will be in qsuites.. And in November the Lax to DOH will be operated by the A350-1000. The one is question is my flight from KUL to DOH QR853, this is the 700-200, and according to the seating chart this also looks like qsuites.

Excited for this- I have been waiting for a QR sale out of LAX for a while, although I flown in their Biz on the 777 (Old seats) and their 1st class on their A380, I am really looking forward to trying their qsuites.

I need to get to BKK- But I can get a decent flight from KUL to BKK via Malaysia or Thai Airways.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cbaronne
Does this look like it got pulled to anyone else? Haven't been able to recreate anything on the QR website now that I was finding earlier this morning.
Same here
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
Awesome- Booked mine earlier for November- From what I can tell, all my legs will be in qsuites.. And in November the Lax to DOH will be operated by the A350-1000. The one is question is my flight from KUL to DOH QR853, this is the 700-200, and according to the seating chart this also looks like qsuites.

Excited for this- I have been waiting for a QR sale out of LAX for a while, although I flown in their Biz on the 777 (Old seats) and their 1st class on their A380, I am really looking forward to trying their qsuites.

I need to get to BKK- But I can get a decent flight from KUL to BKK via Malaysia or Thai Airways.
QR does fly DOH-BKK (non-Qsuite). For some reasons I can't get Google flights to pull up LAX-BKK. Tried other gateways (ORD, DFW) and it worked.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GS1000
Same here
Still works for me, FYI
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by GS1000
Same here
I'm able to get the fare via AMEX Travel still
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by benjinito
QR does fly DOH-BKK (non-Qsuite). For some reasons I can't get Google flights to pull up LAX-BKK. Tried other gateways (ORD, DFW) and it worked.
Yes, I have been noticing that over the past year or so, Google Flights will not show QR from LAX TO BKK: I have flown that route in the past.. But there was no way that you would find the $2400 fare to BKK. Seems like it only worked to KUL.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Hmm, it seems the pages about the tiers have recently been updated. I assume it's gone since then. I did check also the Spanish version now.

I have personally contemplated in the past switching to Iberia Plus, since I'd easily qualify for IB+ Platino, but wrestling with IB is tiresome. Would easily do at least one IB flight per year. The advantage would be 24 months for qualifying and being able to upgrade IB flights with Avios. It's however more cumbersome as a UX to use IB+, rather than e.g. BAEC or AAdvantage.
I think a lot depends on how you plan to use your miles/Avios. I had a four-segment, short-haul award roundtrip on AA in 2018. BA wanted 30,000 Avios for it; IB wanted just 12,000 Avios!

And for those redemptions for which it is more advantageous to redeem BA Avios instead of IB Avios, if you have current accounts in both programs, you can freely transfer Avios between the two.

I do agree with you, though, that dealing with Iberia Plus can be more difficult than dealing with AAdvantage or BAEC.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Note that QR often changes flight times. I had a DFW-DOH-Kathmandu flight last year booked on a biz sale, but I was able to cancel it for free due to the flight time change. Also, I was like ehh.. I really don't want to go anymore.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:23 pm

Is it dead? I can't get it to work anymore.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by krazieman
Is it dead? I can't get it to work anymore.
I'm still finding it on both QR web site and GF. Usually when I find a great QR fare I pounce as fast as I can because they can vanish. However, this looks to have dates that are good until the end of the year. I did not check the "Purchase by" date if one exists.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...p:2.USD.243595

Cheers!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tack
I'm still finding it on both QR web site and GF. Usually when I find a great QR fare I pounce as fast as I can because they can vanish. However, this looks to have dates that are good until the end of the year. I did not check the "Purchase by" date if one exists.

https://booking.qatarairways.com/nsp...id=AFALL668540

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...p:2.USD.243595

Cheers!
Thanks, I still see it on GF, but when I click thru to QR, the fares aren't available.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Hmm, I just did it and it was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.