Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR LAX-KUL $2486.02 QSuite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR LAX-KUL $2486.02 QSuite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by Tack
For AAdvantage members this books into R class and gives you 35,800 RDM and $4,772 EQD's.
As far as I can tell, QR tickets in R class earn at 100% with a 50% bonus to EQM, not RDM. So you'd get 23860 RDM, 35800 EQM, and 4772 EQDs.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:42 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
Dates available till end December
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Nice fare, great find!

Does anyone see the fare rules? Nothing comes up on EF (or my user error maybe...). Specifically looking for fare expiration.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by TYSDoc
Nice fare, great find!

Does anyone see the fare rules? Nothing comes up on EF (or my user error maybe...). Specifically looking for fare expiration.
RULES
Spoiler

EmailKid likes this.

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 27, 2020 at 6:40 am
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
FYI, CZ apparently just added its own discounts on the LAX-KUL route: it has fares as low as $2,132, for mostly wide-open dates between now & mid-June. It does, however, require an irritatingly long layover in CAN – too long for comfort within the airport itself, but not enough time to really go anywhere – plus it's currently an unknown whether coronavirus-based airport closures will be extended elsewhere in China, or how long the outbreak will persist in general. (And for folks who've never been to China, note that they require formal visas if you're entering via any mainland entry point, requested well in advance unless you want to pay a rather sizable expeditor fee.) Also probably stating the obvious that QSuites trump CZ's admittedly not-bad J product.

Anyway, I just booked a flight from JFK-TPE on JL with plans to go to SE Asia, but I'm really wishing I'd seen this one first! (I'll probably buy one anyway, given how good a deal it is.) Maybe head back to see the cherry blossoms in Osaka in April?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tack
Wife and I just booked QR LAX-KUL. Was looking for a mid year MR and get-away and stumbled on this. I haven't seen this posted here, but for us OW LAX based folks, the opportunity to fly Qatar sub 3K plus QSuite is nice.
We get the Qsuite on 3 of the 4 legs. For AAdvantage members this books into R class and gives you 35,800 RDM and $4,772 EQD's.
Feel free to check me on my math. Looks like many dates available through October.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Cheers!
Qatar have in the past changed their equipment so as much as Qsuite is advertised be aware on the day you may end up on a 777 Lie-Flat. I'm not knocking it, I've done both QSuite and Lie-flat on Qatar and both product are superb. I've heard also to some Eastern European routes where Lie-Flat is advertised, on the day you end up sitting on an A320 with Extra Recline.

If you've never done Qatar before head over to the Qatar forum or check out Youtube as there are a lot of Qsuite reviews.

ML
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by guv1976
(Unlike BA, IB does not require any flights with an IB flight number to achieve status.)
Absolute garbage. You won't make it even to Plata (OWR) without at least one flight per annum.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Qatar have in the past changed their equipment so as much as Qsuite is advertised be aware on the day you may end up on a 777 Lie-Flat. I'm not knocking it, I've done both QSuite and Lie-flat on Qatar and both product are superb. I've heard also to some Eastern European routes where Lie-Flat is advertised, on the day you end up sitting on an A320 with Extra Recline.

If you've never done Qatar before head over to the Qatar forum or check out Youtube as there are a lot of Qsuite reviews.

ML
I’ve been lucky, since the Qsuites have come to the US, I’ve not been “downgraded” on my last two trips. So fingers crossed for this one. But I agree, QR lie flats and service still beat other OW product so I’ll survive if it happens.
NJSwamplands likes this.

Last edited by Tack; Jan 27, 2020 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Thank you for the great fare OP!

For those looking for QSuites flights all 3 KUL flights (or rather, most since some will be swapped last minute) are scheduled to be operated with QSuites until the end of Winter 2019/2020 schedule (29MAR20). When Summer 2020 schedule begins (30MAR20), QR tentatively scheduled: 77P for QR 848/849 77P, 359 with QSuites for QR 852/853 and non QSuites 359 for QR 844/845.

QR 853 and QR 844 offers the best connection to/from LAX but if you want to be on QSuites, stay a few extra hours at DOH to connect to QR 848 from LAX.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does this look like it got pulled to anyone else? Haven't been able to recreate anything on the QR website now that I was finding earlier this morning.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Absolute garbage. You won't make it even to Plata (OWR) without at least one flight per annum.
Source?

Here's mine:

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2019/03/qa...f-iberia-plus/
​​​​​​
("Why Bother With Iberia Plus Then?

First of all, if you happen to be based outside of Europe, you might be very interested in a frequent flyer programme that doesn’t require a minimum spend or a certain number of flights on a specific airline. Iberia Plus ticks that box.")

Last edited by guv1976; Jan 27, 2020 at 9:04 am
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Avios,LifeMiles
I hardly track flights out of LAX, so how rare is this pricing on the particular QR route? Is this price popping up very infrequently?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by guv1976
Source?
The Iberia website. It's indicated in the details for Iberia Plus, if you look at the tier specifics.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PPro
Can you please post a link to the CZ route?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Icis
I hardly track flights out of LAX, so how rare is this pricing on the particular QR route? Is this price popping up very infrequently?
I track Qatar pricing at their US gateways. I don’t necessarily follow specific routes. I love QR, so for my MR’s/Vacations they’re my first choice in a search. I can tell you that anytime I find a sub 3K fare from the US I consider it a good deal. Fares to KUL on QR before this one were around $4K plus, so make of that what you may. I believe this is a great fare on a great airline out of a gateway with the best OW lounges in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.