Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MU: LAX to MNL $1778 business

MU: LAX to MNL $1778 business

Old Jan 22, 20, 3:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: Avianca
Posts: 1
Talking MU: LAX to MNL $1778 business

$1777.76 Round Trip Business LAX to MNL with a stop in PVG on China Eastern. Dates mid February. (I booked Feb 20th out, Feb 27th return). LAX to Cebu is almost the same price. Booked on justfly.com. Google Flights showed about 2400, and when I went to look at it, it showed 1997 on Travelocity, but I checked just fly, and it was $1670 something plus tax. (total $1777.76).
jemabate likes this.
usconcepts is offline  
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:04 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 109
Is there an easier way to find available dates for MU flights?

Given that Google Flights often does not return MU, especially when looking at their cached results (e.g. Calendar, Date grid, Price graph), I struggle to find a site where I can search for MU fares across multiple days/weeks. Skyscanner, Kayak, and Momondo return MU fares but only when looking on specific dates.
JAeX is offline  
Old Jan 22, 20, 12:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 9
I have never heard of JustFly. Is it a legit site?
shumayun is offline  
Old Jan 22, 20, 3:26 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by JAeX View Post
Is there an easier way to find available dates for MU flights?

Given that Google Flights often does not return MU, especially when looking at their cached results (e.g. Calendar, Date grid, Price graph), I struggle to find a site where I can search for MU fares across multiple days/weeks. Skyscanner, Kayak, and Momondo return MU fares but only when looking on specific dates.
I usually give it a few extra seconds, or toggle the alliance choices once or twice and the MU options appear, if they weren't there before.
RMDZidane is offline  
Old Jan 22, 20, 4:43 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 109
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
Originally Posted by RMDZidane View Post
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedI usually give it a few extra seconds, or toggle the alliance choices once or twice and the MU options appear, if they weren't there before.https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
Does this work for the Google Flights multi day views like calendar and date grid? I haven't had any luck other than MU showing in the flight results section for a specific date/route.

I like searching across a wide date range to find the dates where the deal fares exist. Otherwise it seems terribly inefficient to plug away with each date combination I care about and I tend to give up after trying out a few date/route pairs.
JAeX is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 11:17 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by JAeX View Post
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
Does this work for the Google Flights multi day views like calendar and date grid? I haven't had any luck other than MU showing in the flight results section for a specific date/route.

I like searching across a wide date range to find the dates where the deal fares exist. Otherwise it seems terribly inefficient to plug away with each date combination I care about and I tend to give up after trying out a few date/route pairs.
Sometimes it does, but not always. I agree it's a pain. I just chickened out on a MU biz class deal from LAX-SIN. It was $2190 rt. I just couldn't bring myself to do it bcuz I'm a bit of a 'petal', so I booked award flights on SIA instead :-(
RMDZidane is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 1:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minneapolis and Phoenix-2 weeks per month each
Programs: Delta DM, MM
Posts: 403
Is there any issue getting the fares booked directly on MU to credit to Delta. I am a bit of a worrier.
FC flyer is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 1:43 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 3,962
If you get quarantined abroad, do you get stay credit for the hotel they put you in, does anybody know?
mafan812 likes this.
nk15 is online now  
Old Jan 23, 20, 10:37 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: searching FT for a J deal
Programs: Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
If you get quarantined abroad, do you get stay credit for the hotel they put you in, does anybody know?
Only if you book directly with the hotel.

Pocatello is online now  
Old Jan 23, 20, 11:00 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 3,962
Originally Posted by Pocatello View Post
Only if you book directly with the hotel.

I think they book it for you, you just give them your loyalty number at check in....Two weeks quarantine in a Chinese Hyatt you will be like can I stay a little longer sir, I am half way through my elite status requalification...
nk15 is online now  
Old Jan 24, 20, 1:04 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Programs: Delta DM, IHG Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Posts: 489
Originally Posted by FC flyer View Post
Is there any issue getting the fares booked directly on MU to credit to Delta. I am a bit of a worrier.
I didn't have a problem. The easiest way is to just make sure your sky miles number is in the reservation and on your boarding pass. If you don't get it done ahead of time, you can still have it added at the airport.
nichelle is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 1:07 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Programs: Delta DM, IHG Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Posts: 489
Originally Posted by RMDZidane View Post
Sometimes it does, but not always. I agree it's a pain. I just chickened out on a MU biz class deal from LAX-SIN. It was $2190 rt. I just couldn't bring myself to do it bcuz I'm a bit of a 'petal', so I booked award flights on SIA instead :-(
That sounds like the exact fare I was considering as well. I didn't book it either but will revisit it sometime in the future.
nichelle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: