Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX: J/F companion fares from UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Maybe the responsible person still has to release availibility and will be therefore released during the work days (e.g. tomorrow).
They are blocking all A inventory, not just for this promotion but for people like me who buy normal A class tickets, that’s dumb
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, beyond ridiculous, all A class is zeroed out ex MAN also, someone at RM lost the plot
Having worked for an airline and loads with the RM teams across alliances, often times I find that they haven’t thought thru every circumstance and situation and more often than not, “losing the plot” is more or less completely down to human error. The filing is so poorly done that actually AI that asks - “Are you sure you want to do...?” - or picks up missed opportunities would do airlines all kinds of good... :-)
chris63 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
The J fares still seem to be bookable via OTA on google flights (BHX-BKK for £2400 in April-June, Sept, Nov).

However F fares are indeed dead in the water at the minute.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
F still available just booked 2 NBO tickets on LX.
Nagolnagol likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Scotland
F still available just booked 2 NBO tickets on LX.
Anything non-India, non-Africa?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
HKG seems to be the cheapest Business for 2 at £2167 https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...2*2.GBP.216662
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Anything non-India, non-Africa?
£4122 to HKG https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...2*2.GBP.409122
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Thanks, Anything to SIN?

Note: I did see the PEK to HKG in the above link was in Econ.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
If this is an advertised Sale, someone should complain to the Advertising Standards Authority. The systematic withdrawal of married A and P class availability for ex-UK departures is a flagrant breach of the ASA's requirement that a "significant" proportion of seats should be available at the advertised price.

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online...Cfrom%E2%80%9D

In the past the ASA has applied a rule of thumb that 10% of the products or services advertised should usually be available at the "from" price based on the 2010 BIS Pricing Practices Guide. In 2016 the CTSI published new Guidance For Traders on Pricing Practices. This new guidance states that, when using “from”, advertisers must ensure that a significant proportion of the product or service is available at the lead in fare.

Whilst the current guidance no longer uses the 10% rule, and instead states that a significant proportion should be available, it offers no further guidance on what is considered a significant proportion, and the ASA will investigate this on a case by case basis.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I am getting a little bit worried.

The itinerary was ticketed and confirmed 4 days ago. I received a PNR. Was able to log it onto both LH and LX app, seems all good.

However I did not receive a payment confirmation. The fee does not appear on my CC's "pending" transactions. Basically, I didn't pay for these tickets.

Is this anything to worry about? Should I contact the OTA now or does this risk compromising this possibly unintended flash sale fare??!?

This is the first time this happens to me. Usually I'm debited immediately.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:11 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen

The itinerary was ticketed and confirmed 4 days ago. I received a PNR. Was able to log it onto both LH and LX app, seems all good.

However I did not receive a payment confirmation. The fee does not appear on my CC's "pending" transactions. Basically, I didn't pay for these tickets.

Is this anything to worry about? Should I contact the OTA now or does this risk compromising this possibly unintended flash sale fare??!?

I haven’t been charged either and I booked direct.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:27 pm

I booked that SQ deal that allowed multiple stopovers in SIN last year and wasn't charged (or even authorized) for almost a month after my booking. I flew with no problems.

I think it likely you'll be totally fine.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:48 pm

Now an official sale, but not additional availability

https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/comp...al-first-class
https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/comp...business-class

https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/Book/OfferBook/Group/w8a4
https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/Book/OfferBook/Group/Z9a4
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
I'm seeing LX F to Ho Chi Minh City and Phuket from EDI. Can't find any LH F. Choosing begger, I know, but if I'm doing such convoluted routing for where I actually want to go this year (not the UK, Vietnam or Thailand), I want some time in the FRA F terminal.

Many dates throughout the spring-fall. This one routes through BKK outbound, HKG inbound.

Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™

Nothing to do with this sale but I purchased a ticket on 1st January and my payment was not on my CC pending or transactions over a week later. I just looked and its there now and it appears as 1st Jan on my statement, strange!
NJSwamplands likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.