Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam- decent mixed cabin (PE/J) fares from MIA-Europe (~$1,600)

Skyteam- decent mixed cabin (PE/J) fares from MIA-Europe (~$1,600)

Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Skyteam- decent mixed cabin (PE/J) fares from US-Europe (~$1,600)

Seeing some pretty good fares out of scattered US locations to Europe if you are okay with mixed cabins (Premium Economy going east, Business coming back West). Example I see is MIA-VIE from April 1-7 for $1,650. Earns over 16,000 MQM's (can be more depending on the routing you choose). Dates looks pretty open, as well as destinations.

mgmsteven likes this.

Last edited by uclabadger; Jan 4, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
What other destinations are you seeing?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Looks like quite a few options. Best way to look is use Google Flights to look for cheap Premium Economy routes, and use that as a basis. Another one I just found is Minneapolis to Frankfurt (but returning to Chicago (can connect back through MSP, though, and throw away last MSP-ORD leg)) for $1,675 from March 30-April 7.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Pretty wide availability thru March/April/May. Back in Aug/Sept/Oct and Nov.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Is this a better deal than just going all J for $350 more?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

If you can find routes that are $350 more for all-business, I would do that. This helps more in situations where the same route in all-business is closer to ~$3,500. I would do the mixed itinerary in that case.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA PlatinumPro- Delta Platinum- Hilton Diamond- Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by Msafiritx
Is this a better deal than just going all J for $350 more?
are you able to see this in J for $2000?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I only see 1300USD for Y+ in March when I need to travel. Adding J to fly back to the US makes the price insane. And LH, AA/IB/BA for the same price...ideally need to travel 12/3 - 19/3 (20/3)...can anyone tell me I am blind?

Last edited by 747jetter; Jan 4, 2020 at 9:32 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:47 pm

I could only make in March PRG for 2,5k, BUD 2,8k and WAW 2,9k...

EDIT:
TXL 2,7k in March
CDG direct on eastbound and one stop on westbound 2,3k
AMS direct on westbound 2,4

Last edited by 747jetter; Jan 4, 2020 at 9:53 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by uclabadger
Seeing some pretty good fares out of scattered US locations to Europe if you are okay with mixed cabins (Premium Economy going east, Business coming back West). Example I see is MIA-VIE from April 1-7 for $1,650. Earns over 16,000 MQM's (can be more depending on the routing you choose). Dates looks pretty open, as well as destinations.

What kind of fare basis is used? could it be that the actual seating does not match what Delta calls prem economy and business. I am always quite leery of any booking that says Mixed Experience
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

In that example, it's G (AF) or W (DL) on the outbound based on the routing you choose and Z return.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:51 pm

Starting in JFK or BOS going to PRG you can get AMS-DTW on DL A359 for 2,5k
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Nothing much to see here, generally any time there is a $2k or sub $2k biz return fare available you can get this kind of mixed fare pricing, unless combination rules for the fare don’t permit mixing classes on outbound and return. Given the small savings from $2k for all biz and the significantly better product you get for all biz, I dont understand why this is seen as a good deal. Especially if you have a Platinum AMEX and IAP can shave 10% off of BA/AARP/Chase.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
Nothing much to see here, generally any time there is a $2k or sub $2k biz return fare available you can get this kind of mixed fare pricing, unless combination rules for the fare don’t permit mixing classes on outbound and return. Given the small savings from $2k for all biz and the significantly better product you get for all biz, I dont understand why this is seen as a good deal. Especially if you have a Platinum AMEX and IAP can shave 10% off of BA/AARP/Chase.
Sure, this makes sense on routes when you actually see a sub-$2k fare for all-biz; then it's a no brainer. But when do you ever see a Skyteam all-biz fare out of MSP for under $2k? For me, that answer is never.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I only see 1300USD for Y+ in March when I need to travel. Adding J to fly back to the US makes the price insane. And LH, AA/IB/BA for the same price...ideally need to travel 12/3 - 19/3 (20/3)...can anyone tell me I am blind?
Be careful about terms. Y+ or C+ = Comfort Plus on DL just means a regular coach seat with a couple inches more legroom and maybe some free drinks. Genuine premium economy or PS = Premium Select on DL is very different with different seats, fewer seats across, better service, an amenity kit, better meals, free or better drinks, etc.

Note that PS fares generally book into coach or C+ on domestic connecting flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.