Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/LH/OS: OSLO - Bangkok 1105€

LX/LH/OS: OSLO - Bangkok 1105€

Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It was cheaper to book via Google flights - or why didn't you book directly on LH.com?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
If that helps as a data point, I was in a similar situation a few years back. Air France PE Ticket purchased on lastminute. Autocomplete gone wrong. I did not attempt a refund but a name change. Lastminute contacted almost immediately and promising a response within 72 hrs. Absolute hell ensued:
-LastMinute NEVER calling back as promised. Always me having to chase.
-Replied "you cant change the passenger to another person" multiple times, by a different person every single time, having to re-explain, having to chase up. Nobody keeping notes seemingly.
-Contacting Air France instead, whom after trying to fob me off back to lastminute, were very kind and listened to my story and exceptionally gave me the authorization to change the name (but I still needed to call OTA to reissue ticket).
-Calling lastminute again and being told to wait 72 hours, then being told "sorry you can't change change the person travelling" by a different person again. Having to re-explain to multiple people, nobody even trying to listen as per previously.
-3 weeks before the flight, desperately tagging up LM with a twitter message (my first tweet ever)
-getting a positive response within 48 hrs of the tweet.

Since you tried a refund I have no idea what will happen to you, but at least dealing with airlines seems to be easier than with cheap OTAs. If anything has to be learned from my fiasco it's to take it to twitter as soon as things go wrong.
capedreamer and ermis177 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by SK AAR
It was cheaper to book via Google flights - or why didn't you book directly on LH.com?
LH.com was not an option presented, but LX.com was. Sadly, once the link took you to LX.com, the chosen connection would not be shown (possibly due to the overnight connection on the return) and the remaining options were more expensive.

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
If that helps as a data point, I was in a similar situation a few years back. Air France PE Ticket purchased on lastminute. Autocomplete gone wrong. I did not attempt a refund but a name change. Lastminute contacted almost immediately and promising a response within 72 hrs. Absolute hell ensued:
-Replied "you cant change the passenger to another person" multiple times, by a different person every single time, having to re-explain, having to chase up. Nobody keeping notes seemingly.
-Contacting Air France instead, whom after trying to fob me off back to lastminute, were very kind and listened to my story and exceptionally gave me the authorization to change the name (but I still needed to call OTA to reissue ticket).
-Calling lastminute again and being told to wait 72 hours, then being told "sorry you can't change change the person travelling" by a different person again. Having to re-explain to multiple people, nobody even trying to listen as per previously.
-3 weeks before the flight, desperately tagging up LM with a twitter message (my first tweet ever)

Since you tried a refund I have no idea what will happen to you, but at least dealing with airlines seems to be easier than with cheap OTAs. If anything has to be learned from my fiasco it's to take it to twitter as soon as things go wrong.
Yikes... let's hope my path proves more successful.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen

Interesting to read but you clearly booked with an OTA which apparently the OP didn't (well, that is the Q/issue here; if the OP in reality booked with LH despite making the flight search and the payment via Google flights) so most likely not comparable to your situation. If the OP was able access the reservation and make the refund via LH.com it supports that he/she didn't book with Google flights as an OTA but in reality booked directly with LH.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Interesting to read but you clearly booked with an OTA which apparently the OP didn't (well, that is the Q/issue here; if the OP in reality booked with LH despite making the flight search and the payment via Google flights) so most likely not comparable to your situation. If the OP was able access the reservation and make the refund via LH.com it supports that he/she didn't book with Google flights as an OTA but in reality booked directly with LH.
Indeed. The distinction is apparently that Google Flights is a 'meta search engine' (MSE) as opposed to a traditional 'online travel agency' (OTA).
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Thanks for this. Do you know how Lufthansa's 24 hour cancellation rule applies in this case, in particular if the booking is made through Google Flights?

I booked a ticket issued by LH (220 ticket stock) and operated by LX, with payment made directly through Google Flights. Immediately after booking, I realized I entered the wrong passenger name (thank you, auto complete) and called Lufthansa to change it. Because I needed to change more than 2 letters and the booking was within the 24 hour grace period, the agent assured me I could just cancel on Lufthansa.com and receive a full refund.

The cancellation confirmation I received did not indicate an amount so I called back to confirm, and a second agent also assured me I would get a full refund. But because the ticket itself wasn't booked "through Lufthansa’s online booking channels (i.e. lufthansa.com, weflyhome.com and generationfly.com)", I was hoping someone with experience could provide some extra peace of mind. Thank you!
Closing the loop for those who've been following along: I received the refund today.

So it looks like booking directly through Google Flights is indeed treated like booking via LH.com.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, BA silver, Hilton diamond, IHG diamond
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
737 recliner seats as “real business class” seems a stretch
TK have proper business class recliner seats and great catering on their short haul European flights. SAS on the other hand no longer offer short business class. Intra-European flights are normal economy with free box meal. They don’t keep the middle seat free like other European airlines do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.