Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JL: YVR-HAN J rtn w/ free NRT stop US$2060 (Cdn AMEX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Please excuse me if this isn't a great deal, but flights to Tokyo alone were US$2800 for the same dates in April (no Amex partner airline deal option for those flights), so it seemed good to me. Availability mid-January thru end of April. Easily searchable in Google flights, comes in at $2300 without Amex discount.

YVR-NRT-HAN // HAN-NRT // NRT-YVR

You can get about the same with China Southern to Hanoi, but it was the Tokyo stop that made this fare appealing to me.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K
What’s the site for the amex booking ?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by horace911
What’s the site for the amex booking ?
American Express Canada travel. It is a Platinum benefit, not sure if applicable for US or other Amex Plats.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm seeing around $2300 US on google flights. It's a good price. Haven't tried Amex yet.
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Please excuse me if this isn't a great deal, but flights to Tokyo alone were US$2800 for the same dates in April (no Amex partner airline deal option for those flights), so it seemed good to me. Availability mid-January thru end of April. Easily searchable in Google flights, comes in at $2300 without Amex discount.

YVR-NRT-HAN // HAN-NRT // NRT-YVR

You can get about the same with China Southern to Hanoi, but it was the Tokyo stop that made this fare appealing to me.
Be careful with the JL products from YVR. They switch between the 787 with regional angle-flat and the 767 lie-flats
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Fair point. At the time of booking YVR-NRT showed new 767 1-2-1 lie-flats and NRT-HAN was 787, but no guarantees.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you are not a Amex Platinum member, I am able to book the same itinerary for around 2,300 and can include routings via HKG and LAX on the way back, which might be useful for members who need to drop a last segment back to YVR. I might be able to push the routing through DFW from HKG if AA metal is not an issue. Non-Amex fare is about $2,300 - the Amex fare is around 2k, but only available to eligible Amex Plat/Centurion members booking through Amex travel
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PPro
I have flown in the 767 angled lie flats and they are not comfortable. Great service not a great seat. In february I'm seeing the 767-300 with 2-2-2
E55 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.