FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   JL: JFK-KUL in J $2094 rt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1999393-jl-jfk-kul-j-2094-rt.html)

TYSDoc Dec 11, 2019 11:32 am

JL: JFK-KUL in J $2094 rt

Looking around for cheap biz class to KUL and found this. Not a oneworld flyer so I can’t comment on earnings and booking class specifics. Books into X says matrix.

JAL, JFK-TYO-KUL rt for $2094.

sample dates: Jan 14 - Jan 21 2020. Found on GF, prices out on AA.com. Availability sparse through end of Feb. safe travels!

Khaleesi Dec 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Nice! By my calculation this would earn 25k miles toward status on Alaska, and 45k actual Mileage Plan miles. But you'd wanna book through JAL and not AA, since technically Alaska only counts miles that are marketed and operated by the same partner airline.

frebay Dec 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanks for this. Not bad 2.5255 eqd on AA @ 25% X fare.

rill2503456 Dec 11, 2019 1:23 pm

There's other options (on Cathay) available which don't have long layovers. I didn't see them in GF but did see them searching through a travel agent.

Dominicus Dec 11, 2019 2:36 pm

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31JAN 20.

Plenty of time to plan your trips. This fare also pop up every occasionally

Tokyoite Dec 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Category 3: Seasonal restrictions
PERMITTED 27DEC 19 THROUGH 01JAN 20 OR 08JAN 20 THROUGH 29JAN 20 OR 24FEB 20 THROUGH 08MAR 20 OR 23MAR 20 THROUGH 05APR 20 OR 13APR 20 THROUGH 30APR 20 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Category 4: Flight restrictions
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA TRANSPACIFIC SECTORS ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY JL
ANY JL FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA.

Category 6: Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 12 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL AT TURNAROUND.

Category 7: Maximum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 3 AT USD 100.00 EACH.

Category 9: Transfer restrictions
FOR TRAVEL ON/AFTER 13JAN 20
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN YVR/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./MEXICO/PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - FREE IN JAPAN IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

Category 10: Combinability
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH US-CANADA TRANSBORDER/DOMESTIC/INTERNATIONAL FARES.
SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31JAN 20.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON JL OR AA.

Category 16: Penalties
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE USD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
CHANGES BEFORE/AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

vincewy Dec 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Earlier I nearly pulled the trigger on MNL-IST-USA deal from TK for around $1406 and wasn't sure if there was any reasonable mean to position/start (Asia to NA deals in J are scarce).

I could've wrapped the afore-mentioned deal last month (expired Nov 30th) with this deal to make 2 trips for less than $4000.

rbAA Dec 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 31830981)
Earlier I nearly pulled the trigger on MNL-IST-USA deal from TK for around $1406 and wasn't sure if there was any reasonable mean to position/start (Asia to NA deals in J are scarce).

I could've wrap the afore-mentioned deal last month (expired Nov 30th) with this deal to make 2 trips for less than $4000.

Plenty of ex-China business class deals

shontel Dec 12, 2019 10:56 am

Yes, thank you so much for this! Just booked Dec. 27 - Jan. 7 through Japan Air. Will earn roughly $2,700 EQDs on the outbound alone (enough to make EXP).

berra2k Dec 12, 2019 11:22 am

Isn't this like 60k bonus miles? It looks like JAL is triple miles in J per mile flown. The miles flown RT is 20k miles so isn't that 60k EQMs? And then 5k EQDs?

Is my calculation off?

BLazarus22 Dec 12, 2019 11:34 am

20,203 miles @ 25% (fare code X) is 5050 EQD.
2 EQD per mile is 40,406

Would vary by a few miles for NRT or HND

oldAGE Dec 12, 2019 11:49 am

Just have to change that second line EQD to EQM....

JeffreyinDE Dec 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22 (Post 31833242)
20,203 miles @ 25% (fare code X) is 5050 EQD.
2 EQD per mile is 40,406

Would vary by a few miles for NRT or HND

Many of these routes, include a NYC to ORD or SFO or BOS. Two questions based on this proposed itinerary--JFK-SFO-NRT-KUL with return booked direct through JAL and all legs except JFK-SFO are on JL metal:

1) How would the total EQDs be calculated if the JFK to SFO was on Alaska Airways metal?

2) How would the total EQDs be calculated if the JFK to SFO leg was on AA metal?

BLazarus22 Dec 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE (Post 31833607)
Many of these routes, include a NYC to ORD or SFO or BOS. Two questions based on this proposed itinerary--JFK-SFO-NRT-KUL with return booked direct through JAL and all legs except JFK-SFO are on JL metal:

1) How would the total EQDs be calculated if the JFK to SFO was on Alaska Airways metal?

2) How would the total EQDs be calculated if the JFK to SFO leg was on AA metal?

It would be based on the coded carrier I assume. If its JL and books to X then just make the calculation on the new distances.

However I'd be wary of booking anything through AA as that lends to AA codes and a straight dollar for dollar calculation. I found many dates in which the routing is JL metal and codes start to finish JFK-NRT-KUL-NRT-JFK. The layovers were terrible in Japan both ways unless you want to explore Tokyo.

JeffreyinDE Dec 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22 (Post 31833851)
It would be based on the coded carrier I assume. If its JL and books to X then just make the calculation on the new distances.

However I'd be wary of booking anything through AA as that lends to AA codes and a straight dollar for dollar calculation. I found many dates in which the routing is JL metal and codes start to finish JFK-NRT-KUL-NRT-JFK. The layovers were terrible in Japan both ways unless you want to explore Tokyo.

Thanks for the reply.

In this scenario, its booked through JL but with an Alaska or American codeshare. JL flight numbers on either Alaska or AA metal.

How would it work?