Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

[prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t

Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Thank you OP, awesome fare. RT with departure in May, return in October, plus one-way in October.
I ended up with

CUR-MUC-(few months)-AUA, AUA-MUC
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA
So i've booked at least one of these RTs on Orbitz from CUR to FRA in very early 2020.

Was able to get ticket numbers and was also able to get the long leg from BOG-FRA to be an LH-operated flight on the A340.

It appears to be ticketed as a J fare -- is it correct to say then that I'll get 200% award miles and then that's divided by 5 under the new MileagePlus PQP scheme?

So the 5,648 leg BOG-FRA will generate 2,259 PQPs on its own?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
As DCA has just posted, you can also fly on LH
DCA1983 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
can't believe it's still open. i'm going to look like a drugs mule at this rate.
BCNforever, nk15 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:24 pm

Ok canceling and rebooking for the 3rd time (automatic vie expedia cancel button)

NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The only problem with this is that the positioning will double the price, unless you use miles.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
The only problem with this is that the positioning will double the price, unless you use miles.
Oneways to MIA with TAP can be had at fairly good price.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
It seems to be gone from expedia, at least CUR MUC, reprices at 10x the fare.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
Dead now it seems. I got one round trip and a one way, LH metal on 2 segments, AV on one
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:25 pm

Being london based, I managed to multi-city it as well, stopover in London, so that I got a separate trip to oktoberfest thrown in for free! The drinks are on AV/LH . This is a blackfriday special.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA
Seems to be fully dead, yeah.

I was trying to get a one way on top of the RT I booked and it died right on the payment page.

I actually feel somewhat decent that this might get honored because it didn't seem to blow up too huge...

Do you guys read these fare rules that this is cancelable for a full refund?

(16)PE.PENALTIES

BETWEEN AREA 1 AND AREA 2 FOR JEA00RIR TYPE FARES CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. NOTE - 1.FARES ARE FULLY REFUNDABLE IN SINGLE FORM OF PAYMENT. 2.RESERVATION CANCELLED RETAINS TICKET VALUE/LESS APPLICABLE DIFFERENCE IN FARE FOR FLOWN SEGMENTS UP TO ONE YEAR FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF TICKET ISSUE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES PERMITTED. NOTE - NO CHANGE FEE APPLIES -TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ANY VOLUNTARY CHANGE IS MADE. ORIGINAL RESERVATIONS ARE CANCELLED AND THE NEW INTENDED TRAVEL SCHEDULED UP TO ONE YEAR FROM ORIGINAL DATE OF TICKET ISSUE -ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARE MUST BE COLLECTED AT THE TIME OF CHANGE/REISSUE.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Really good fare. Came in late, and I couldn't figure out the right timing, as I already have 105,000+ BIS miles booked for next year.

Congrats to those with tickets. Hope AV honors them.
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:40 pm

Secretflying killed this one so quickly. Hopefully you all had IFTTT app and were able to get this as soon as it was posted!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by George84
Secretflying killed this one so quickly. Hopefully you all had IFTTT app and were able to get this as soon as it was posted!
People in another forum were beating me up on a hotel issue I had, so I was ready to jump in here. I'm looking forward to visting CUR. Looks very nice, just hoping for no hurricanes.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:55 pm

Looks like it is now repricing on booking to $2k plus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.