FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1997325-saudia-ath-various-asia-business-rt-700-a.html)

Boturham Jan 15, 2020 1:10 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to go landside from the new terminal and into Jeddah, if one already has a full KSA visa? Reliable taxis available at the airport?

Croupier Jan 15, 2020 3:16 am

Originally Posted by AOH (Post 31949886)
Hello all,
Which of the routes stops in RUH (not JED). Tried a few but they all stop in JED. Thanks in Advance

No direct flights from ATH to RUH, you could try a multi city, bumping up the price or fly from another EUR airport that SV flys from direct to RUH which will also bump up the price. Another option would be to try and stop in RUH on the return leg direct from only MNL or CGK and in an interior angled flat 777 then connect to JED back to ATH also most likely bumping up the cost considerably.

3544quebec Jan 15, 2020 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Croupier (Post 31952593)
No direct flights from ATH to RUH, you could try a multi city, bumping up the price or fly from another EUR airport that SV flys from direct to RUH which will also bump up the price. Another option would be to try and stop in RUH on the return leg direct from only MNL or CGK and in an interior angled flat 777 then connect to JED back to ATH also most likely bumping up the cost considerably.

Will I get a discount if I choose an exterior angled flat seat?

Croupier Jan 15, 2020 4:38 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 31952641)
Will I get a discount if I choose an exterior angled flat seat?

No, typo police like yourself pay full price 🙄

HypnoticSpecter Jan 15, 2020 7:19 am

Originally Posted by AOH (Post 31949886)
Hello all,
Which of the routes stops in RUH (not JED). Tried a few but they all stop in JED. Thanks in Advance

Third week of June to CAN. Cheers.

christravelblog Jan 15, 2020 7:35 am

Is this working somehow to Colombo or Male?
ignore: didn't read the whole thread.

ATH-MLE / CMB-ATH works! ok it's about 900 EUR on the date i want but great for family summer trip.

also booked ATH-CAN with a 10 day stopover on the way back to explore SA.

love it!

Flying Yazata Jan 15, 2020 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Croupier (Post 31952593)
No direct flights from ATH to RUH

Absolutely wrong.

It depends on the seasonality of the timetable, if ATH is from JED or RUH. I personally do two trips via RUH.

Fli1 Jan 15, 2020 10:23 am

Originally Posted by christravelblog (Post 31953199)
Is this working somehow to Colombo or Male?
ignore: didn't read the whole thread.

ATH-MLE / CMB-ATH works! ok it's about 900 EUR on the date i want but great for family summer trip.

also booked ATH-CAN with a 10 day stopover on the way back to explore SA.

love it!

how did you manage to get 10 day stopover in KSA?

christravelblog Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Fli1 (Post 31953904)
how did you manage to get 10 day stopover in KSA?

booked it as 3 legs on Saudia website.

tfjim Jan 16, 2020 11:04 am

Right, the rules allow open jaw, so you can route ATH-JED-CGK and then return CGK-RUH/JED-ATH. Just purchase the intra-kingdom flight for ~$50.

christravelblog Jan 16, 2020 11:22 am

Originally Posted by tfjim (Post 31958417)
Right, the rules allow open jaw, so you can route ATH-JED-CGK and then return CGK-RUH/JED-ATH. Just purchase the intra-kingdom flight for ~$50.

no need I have 10 days in RUH because in November the fligh goes RUH-ATH.
this schedule is sometimes weird.

mattspod Jan 17, 2020 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Nico40 (Post 31912835)
Apparently there would be 2 further moves planned on :
- Jan 15th
- "late Jan", including CGK and KUL among several Asian destinations.

I take it 15th Jan nothing happened?

Concerto Jan 17, 2020 3:21 am

Originally Posted by christravelblog (Post 31958491)
no need I have 10 days in RUH because in November the fligh goes RUH-ATH.
this schedule is sometimes weird.

I think it’s very brave to go and explore the KSA, there are so many wonderful ancient sites there and the place must be fascinating, even geographically. But I think it’s a bit scary, it doesn’t take much to cross the line there, especially if they someone as a political scapegoat. I definitely wouldn’t do it alone. But I’m up for going there sometime.

jskang07 Jan 18, 2020 8:24 am

Does fare rules state only 1 pax? Tickets don't show up on GF when searching for 2 pax.

Trying to book ATH-RUH//MLE-ATH for 2.

christravelblog Jan 18, 2020 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31961188)
I think it’s very brave to go and explore the KSA, there are so many wonderful ancient sites there and the place must be fascinating, even geographically. But I think it’s a bit scary, it doesn’t take much to cross the line there, especially if they someone as a political scapegoat. I definitely wouldn’t do it alone. But I’m up for going there sometime.

Why? It's a safe country. Of course follow the rules but that applies ANYWHERE in the world.
I don't see any problem driving there myself 10 days.