FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from 700 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1997325-saudia-ath-various-asia-business-rt-700-a.html)

Concerto Jan 2, 20 6:04 am


Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 31898783)

Well, it seems highly variable, rather a lot of bad reviews. Maybe I just got lucky the first time I flew with them, in Economy, but I found it excellent.

AirCanada881 Jan 2, 20 6:18 am

I'd be all over this if SV was a member of Star Alliance.

pdxkat Jan 2, 20 6:36 am


Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31899270)
Well, it seems highly variable, rather a lot of bad reviews. Maybe I just got lucky the first time I flew with them, in Economy, but I found it excellent.

I quite enjoyed reading all of the bad reviews. "Saudia didn't provide a bed for my baby during our layover, we didn't like the airport that we had to spend the layover we scheduled in, staff told me I needed to end my conversations with them three times, etc etc".

Very entertaining

Concerto Jan 2, 20 6:45 am


Originally Posted by AirCanada881 (Post 31899303)
I'd be all over this if SV was a member of Star Alliance.

Probably just as well it isn't.


Originally Posted by pdxkat (Post 31899333)
I quite enjoyed reading all of the bad reviews. "Saudia didn't provide a bed for my baby during our layover, we didn't like the airport that we had to spend the layover we scheduled in, staff told me I needed to end my conversations with them three times, etc etc".

Very entertaining

Well, indeed, a lot of those reviews were written by very dumb people and were quite entertaining. I know Tripadvisor has its flaws, but I do dip in every once in a while and read reviews (mostly about hotels and restaurants) and I think clued in travelers like us can sift out the decent reviews and comments from the rest. In a way, it's an interesting challenge to do so. There is the occasional gem at Tripadvisor, unlike at Skytrax.

Flying Yazata Jan 2, 20 12:53 pm

Booked a few of these myself for travel in late 2020. :)


Originally Posted by Vermoth (Post 31870154)
why SV do not fly from ATH end march-april?

They do fly. JED-ATH is operating as usually. RUH-ATH isn't running then.

Flying Yazata Jan 2, 20 1:03 pm


Originally Posted by Vermoth (Post 31870154)
I read smwhere in internet that under 18h of connection transit is possible without visa TWOV (even I can obtain visa on arrival) and exit in the city without spending 118US. i will try))

Not possible even for a few hours.


Originally Posted by Fli1 (Post 31872037)
Is it possible to have a stopover in jeddah around 2-3 days or does it affect the fare?

Permitted.


Originally Posted by Romanianflyer (Post 31871896)
TWOV has always been 12 hours max on Saudia. So unless this has changed recently in the light of their new e-visa/VOA system you can expect some questions at check-in/boarding when checking if you comply with visa rules.

Indeed, and the rule is as before.

Passengers transiting through Dammam (DMM), Jeddah (JED) or Riyadh (RUH) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 12 hours. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.

Croupier Jan 4, 20 4:14 pm

Similar pricing also to MNL, CMB, MLE and SIN

raporot Jan 4, 20 5:51 pm

anyone able find any open jaw to return in Europe to different airport (not ATH) with similar price?

greycap7 Jan 4, 20 5:57 pm

There's no MQD bonus for DL flyers correct?

jfkeze Jan 4, 20 6:03 pm


Originally Posted by greycap7 (Post 31909474)
There's no MQD bonus for DL flyers correct?

Sadly... No... 100% MQM/RDMs and 20% MQDs as a base flyer...

Boturham Jan 5, 20 12:58 am

150 EUR positioning flight and hotel, 850 EUR in lie-flat to KUL. Fantastic deal!

mattspod Jan 5, 20 6:26 am

Is this all flying from the new terminal yet, if not is it a terminal change?, when does it start arriving/departing (ATH-JED-KUL) from new terminal?

Romanianflyer Jan 5, 20 7:47 am


Originally Posted by mattspod (Post 31910947)
Is this all flying from the new terminal yet, if not is it a terminal change?, when does it start arriving/departing (ATH-JED-KUL) from new terminal?

Athens for sure is arriving/departing from the new terminal. Not sure about KUL. AFAIK flights are moved over by a handful at a time, with theoretically all flight operations being moved to the new terminal at the end of Q1.

I will travel the journey early February so I can report back about it if we don't have a conclusive answer before that.

gpeso8 Jan 5, 20 10:12 am

I just booked ATH-KUL, works out great for us since we are going to be in ATH anyway in April and need to get back to Asia.

AurelAF96 Jan 5, 20 11:14 am


Originally Posted by Romanianflyer (Post 31911093)
Athens for sure is arriving/departing from the new terminal. Not sure about KUL. AFAIK flights are moved over by a handful at a time, with theoretically all flight operations being moved to the new terminal at the end of Q1.

I will travel the journey early February so I can report back about it if we don't have a conclusive answer before that.

Their plans was to move all long-haul flights by the 20/12/2019
Hope they had stick to this schedule


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:39 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.