Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Durian234
Hello, i am trying to book this but I cant seem able to get ex cgk (error notes)

Also same if I put ex sin or KUL

Anyone has problem or is it just me
The offer is only valid FROM Athens to Asian destinations (as one-way or return). Departing from an Asian airport is possible, but for prices which will be at least double or triple as high.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Gold amb, krisflyer, Garuda, Accor Plus, MH Enrich
Thanks. I was gonna book separately eco cgk to ath but unable to do so
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
I booked this layover without fear. The new airport will probably be one of the best for overnight layovers, if I understand SA strategy correctly.
I was told one may need visa even one plan to stay airside
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Your in transit.No Visa required.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:02 pm

is it still possible buy for 700 euro?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:14 pm

Available on skyscanner.net 12-20 Feb ATH to KUL on mondays and wednesdays. April is available Mon wed and Saturdays Ł674.00
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
When I saw user 'Qarar Airways' had posted on this I was hoping they'd matched the price.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
When I saw user 'Qarar Airways' had posted on this I was hoping they'd matched the price.
That would have been a really great Christmas present
drjameschen and Mailand like this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
I wonder what will happen if I book this flight while holding an Israeli passport.
Will they just rebook me on TK/LH/AF/KL? could be a great way to have them pick up the tab for a much more expensive and nice flight.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
I wonder what will happen if I book this flight while holding an Israeli passport.
Will they just rebook me on TK/LH/AF/KL? could be a great way to have them pick up the tab for a much more expensive and nice flight.
why would they rebook you and not just refund?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The burden is usually on the passenger to have their travel documentation in order, such as having a valid visa or passport to the countries you are visiting or transiting. You would be denied boarding with no refund if you don't have a valid passport to travel to/through KSA.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The issue of passenger responsibility for complying with visa rules aside, these may be much more expensive, but they're definitely not nicer. On SV, you'll have A320 with lie-flat business for ATH-JED, then a great reverse herringbone lie-flat product on the787 to KUL. Food on SV is far superior to at least LH/AF/KL (don't have a lot of recent experience with TK). There's zero chance I'd backtrack from ATH to FRA/AMS/CDG in euro business instead of flying SV. The only downsides of flying SV are the long layovers at JED and lack of alcohol. If those don't bother you, these $800-ish RT fares are a stellar deal.
Unionruler likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Moreover it's seems their is no sales end date in the rules
I think they can always pull the fare anytime anyway ?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_...rlines#REVIEWS
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
The issue of passenger responsibility for complying with visa rules aside, these may be much more expensive, but they're definitely not nicer. On SV, you'll have A320 with lie-flat business for ATH-JED, then a great reverse herringbone lie-flat product on the787 to KUL. Food on SV is far superior to at least LH/AF/KL (don't have a lot of recent experience with TK). There's zero chance I'd backtrack from ATH to FRA/AMS/CDG in euro business instead of flying SV. The only downsides of flying SV are the long layovers at JED and lack of alcohol. If those don't bother you, these $800-ish RT fares are a stellar deal.
Dry lie-flat business class is like euro business It's fundamentally flawed.
Thysk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.