Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Old Oct 8, 22, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
any experiences with booking with OTA and then calling Saudia directly to change ticket?
I went to the Saudia ticket office in Victoria, London. Found them very professional and they were able to resolve my issue. I was ticketed to fly KUL - JED - IST with a 3hr transit in JED. My JED - IST flight was canx quite far in advance, but this then resulted in a 9.5hr transit in JED. I asked if I could be re-routed to LHR or MAN (no) but they offered ATH with a 4.5hr transit which I accepted.

You need to take govt photo ID and call in advance before security will allow you in the elevators up to the Saudia offices.
Marschel, rt23456p, fridgy and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 22, 10:43 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
are there any destinations in asia which yield a 'reasonable' connection time in Saudi? Everything I find is 6/7/8 hours +++
Old Oct 9, 22, 7:17 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by barnstaple View Post
are there any destinations in asia which yield a 'reasonable' connection time in Saudi? Everything I find is 6/7/8 hours +++
Yes TUN-JED-CGK

If you want it ex-ATH then you are out of luck.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 22, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by barnstaple View Post
Using Google Flights it's not too difficult to find the shortest connection times yourself. You can set the DURATION filter to, say, 20-hours maximum, then click on the Price graph button and maybe play around with departure date and length of stay within the graph. Voilŕ!

You'll often find that more desirable short-connections price more highly than long connections: but that doesn't seem to be the case here, where the fare is a pretty much uniform EUR1,000+ from Saudia, a little cheaper from OTAs.

Just make sure you budget for time and cost of positioning flights and hotels and/or the risk of missed connections.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 24, 22, 1:50 am

So there is a transit hotel airside at JED where you can just turn up without a visa or a booking and get a room for 4 hours? (Looking at booking flights with 11 hour layover)
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 24, 22, 1:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mastutio View Post
So there is a transit hotel airside at JED where you can just turn up without a visa or a booking and get a room for 4 hours? (Looking at booking flights with 11 hour layover)
transit hotel is right upstairs on your left after you clear transit security.
Old Oct 24, 22, 4:12 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mastutio View Post
You can't book online, but here's confirmation that it exists, and that it's for use in transit:
https://www.kaia.sa/en/travelers/fac...porthotel.aspx
Old Oct 27, 22, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Looks like the 800 euro are back ex-ATH
I am seeing ATH-SIN
Very limited availability. S23 with departures mid-week and arrival so in increments of 7 days. Overnight connections at JED. Nothing too awful at 8 hours. As it is to SIN it is via MLE. You can go there for a bit more.
Old Oct 27, 22, 4:27 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Yep, posted a few posts above.
Old Nov 12, 22, 3:01 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Hoping to use one of those SV fares again for Q1 2023 to any destination I haven't been to. I used to see DAC, MNL, BOM, DEL, LHE, KHI either from TUN, CAI, IST or ATH, but nothing under 1K unfortunately at the moment. I however found out that Google Flights shows fares of €800 (CAI-MNL or TUN-MNL) if you return the same day as arriving, but not sure if it is "phantom" availibility. Has anyone seen a good SV fare recently under 1K? SIN/BKK isn't an option for me.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 1:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
Hoping to use one of those SV fares again for Q1 2023 to any destination I haven't been to. I used to see DAC, MNL, BOM, DEL, LHE, KHI either from TUN, CAI, IST or ATH, but nothing under 1K unfortunately at the moment. I however found out that Google Flights shows fares of €800 (CAI-MNL or TUN-MNL) if you return the same day as arriving, but not sure if it is "phantom" availibility. Has anyone seen a good SV fare recently under 1K? SIN/BKK isn't an option for me.

TUN to KUL/CGK are circa 1k€ with plenty of availability into 2023. KUL seems to be lie flat on the long leg since it’s the 789. CGK could be angle flat.
Old Nov 25, 22, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
TUN to KUL/CGK are circa 1k€ with plenty of availability into 2023. KUL seems to be lie flat on the long leg since it’s the 789. CGK could be angle flat.
Options into BKK as well!
Old Nov 25, 22, 7:16 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by xserveft View Post
Options into BKK as well!
Do you have some example dates?
Old Nov 25, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by eshroom View Post
Do you have some example dates?

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...1Mkn1cjxWsXCx6

Takes about 15-20 seconds to find on GF
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:19 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz View Post
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...1Mkn1cjxWsXCx6

Takes about 15-20 seconds to find on GF
Oh sorry, I misread your post. Thought you meant ex-ATH. Thanks.

Search this Thread