Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
1) are you able to have alcohol im the skyteam lounges prior to departure (in ath and kul) or is lounge hallal as well?
Lounges have alcohol and you can have it. In CGK (GA Lounge), alcohol is hidden behind the bar, ask for it and staff will surely serve you incl spirits.
In KUL, a voucher for alcoholic beverages is given to you. You need to show it at the bar.
In JED/MED/RUH obviously no alcoholic beverage available or allowed. The have 0% Bud there.

2) can you byo alcohol onboard or is that haram?
Of course, you can bring it. But, this is NOT allowed. However, if you take the risk and hide it from crew, and dispose the items secretly somewhere on the plane, then you will get away with it. Not recommended though!

3) finally I assume that JED is 100% dry but are you allowed to carry alcohol in your luggage without having to worry?
There is a security check prior re-entering the terminal for your transit flight. Liquids will be checked, alcohol is not allowed.

Honestly, you will survive 15-20 hours without alcohol. It's not a bad idea to travel sober once in a while!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
It's not a bad idea to travel sober once in a while!
But what's the point of travel then ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
IggySD, jfkeze and sp333 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:53 am

excellent product from Saudia onboard.
Flew ATH-JED-MNL this year.
jpdx, bodory, jfkeze and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Of course, you can bring it. But, this is NOT allowed. However, if you take the risk and hide it from crew, and dispose the items secretly somewhere on the plane, then you will get away with it. Not recommended though!
BYOB to be served by crew is allowed on Kuwait Airways, which is a dry country.

Not sure about Saudia and Egyptair. I'd imagine Egyptair is fine because alcohol is readily available in the country even if it's a dry airline.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Many
In my experience SV crew (in J) have always been extremely nice. And SV an excellent value prop minus the old JED transit experience. Nonetheless I would not take the risk to bring my own alcohol on board, and on top of that to drink it.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:48 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I've been on the fence about booking a couple of these. Have flown SV before, and found the 77W/787 seats to be excellent -- very likely the best seats out there (along with CX/BR) for very tall people. What kills the buzz is the terrible layovers in JED. Even assuming that the new airport is a lot nicer than the old (a somewhat safe assumption), 6-8 hours is a long wait. Just tried to book a 3.55am KUL departure, which would result in a mere 2:55h connection in JED, and SV throws up an error message alerting of a 180min MCT. So they really, really want us to spend those 6-8 hours there?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
I've been on the fence about booking a couple of these. Have flown SV before, and found the 77W/787 seats to be excellent -- very likely the best seats out there (along with CX/BR) for very tall people. What kills the buzz is the terrible layovers in JED. Even assuming that the new airport is a lot nicer than the old (a somewhat safe assumption), 6-8 hours is a long wait. Just tried to book a 3.55am KUL departure, which would result in a mere 2:55h connection in JED, and SV throws up an error message alerting of a 180min MCT. So they really, really want us to spend those 6-8 hours there?
I booked this layover without fear. The new airport will probably be one of the best for overnight layovers, if I understand SA strategy correctly.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
My plane on the leg ATH-JED is know with the old configuration and not in the new version with 5 rows and lie-flat seats...

Too bad
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:31 am
Original Poster

New Business Class fares from Athens with Saudia.

Especially to flights to MRU and JNB are pretty sweet with a decent leg in their new Dreamliner (From €1.118).
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
But what's the point of travel then ?

I hope you post wasn't meant to be serious. But in case you were, I advise you to find help
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
My plane on the leg ATH-JED is know with the old configuration and not in the new version with 5 rows and lie-flat seats...

Too bad
ALL SV A320's that fly to Europe (HZ-ASA - G) have the new product with lie-flat seats.

Sometimes, SV send the HZ-ASxx A320's over. They have recliner seats (but a brand-new seat, quite good as well honestly).
AurelAF96 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
ALL SV A320's that fly to Europe (HZ-ASA - G) have the new product with lie-flat seats.

Sometimes, SV send the HZ-ASxx A320's over. They have recliner seats (but a brand-new seat, quite good as well honestly).
I'll see in March, hope they will change their schedule nevertheless
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
SV: ATH-Asia (Business) | OW from €432 | RT from €738

The ATH-KUL fare has already been posted, but the fare is live again, the dates are much more wide open, many more destinations are available and stopovers are possible (for those interested in visiting Saudia).

Examples:

ATH-MNL
ATH-KUL
ATH-SIN
ATH-DEL
ATH-BOM
ATH-CMB
ATH-MLE
ATH-SUB

For the best prices, search on OTA's.

Books into I, earning 150% RDM for most programs. Gives 45XP each way for Flying Blue.
Changes are €95, cancellations are €140.

It's a dry airline, but for the rest, the service is completely fine, and seats on the 787 are reverse herringbone (+ A320 from ATH is lie-flat).
All the Europe and Asia flights seem to leave from the new terminal in JED now, which I've heard is quite pleasant. Can't vouch for it.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:46 am

Moreover it's seems their is no sales end date in the rules
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Seems its new pricing standard for posh seat without booze..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.