Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Of course this is possible in your luggage. If you buy it at the duty free and take it into the cabin you can also ask the crew for ice if you build your own drink. Friends of me did this on Egyptair several times.
Not again ! Where does this nonsense come from?
Old May 5, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
When will they publish the winter shedule?

No flights online towards Asia beyond end of October this year.
palmanfr likes this.

Last edited by foxyankee; May 6, 2022 at 1:11 am
Old May 6, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Decided to book this to KUL in a few weeks. As I understand correctly, Malaysia doesn't impose any Covid entry restrictions for vaccinated people, so no PCR required.
For Jeddah, I will stay in transit so covid rules don't seem to apply too. Will have to spend 7 hours in their new lounge.
Are we sure that covid rules don't apply for Saudia Airlines flights transiting in JED. ?

This sentence from the website is not very clear:
  • Guests traveling from Saudi Arabia's airports must present the Tawakkalna App, which shows the state of health, as this will be a condition for entering Saudi Arabia's airports, issuing boarding passes, and boarding the aircraft, according to the rules and regulations of the General Authority of Civil Aviation.
Old May 6, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Not again ! Where does this nonsense come from?
I believe he told us where it came from. When his friends did it (albeit on EgyptAir). Did you try it and it didn't work? I don't think I'd try it on Saudia, but then again, I won't fly a dry airline...
Maestro Ramen likes this.

Last edited by Paella747; May 6, 2022 at 6:15 am
Old May 6, 2022, 7:07 am

JUST flew ATH-JED-BKK. I did not have a negative test result or the app mentioned above, and they didn’t ask for either. I think the requirements don’t apply to transfers.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paella747
I believe he told us where it came from. When his friends did it (albeit on EgyptAir). Did you try it and it didn't work? I don't think I'd try it on Saudia, but then again, I won't fly a dry airline...
It's really not a joke. Being caught with bottles of booze in hand-baggage at Jeddah will get the owner in trouble. Offering advice suggesting otherwise is reckless.

As for Egypt, possessing and consuming alcohol is not illegal. Far from it. It can be bought in the airport duty free. Although the national carrier is dry, you can carry alcohol on board. Cabin crew will serve soft drinks with ice: no doubt some will top up those drinks surreptitiously. It's crass behaviour, risking upsetting fellow passengers and potentially compromising crew, but there you are: it happens.

The situation in KSA is completely different, there is a total and complete ban on the purchase, possession, transport and consumption of alcohol outside embassies and some foreign-operated compounds. Penalties for breaking the law can be severe.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by egl0104
JUST flew ATH-JED-BKK. I did not have a negative test result or the app mentioned above, and they didn’t ask for either. I think the requirements don’t apply to transfers.
There is no requirement for Covid-related tests of any type to transfer at any Saudi airport, or to enter the country.

Tawakallna is the contact tracing app.

=====

just to update the Tawakallna ïnfo. Its no longer strictlÿ necessary, but its probably better to have ït as some malls/cafes and other public places ask to see it, even if the reqest ïs half-hearted.

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 15, 2022 at 5:54 am
Old May 6, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I decided to get my info at the source, ie Saudia website, and it's not very clear:
Why "Oman" if this is for Saudi Arabia?
palmanfr likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:21 pm

Is this still valid in 2022?

Is this still valid in 2022?
Old May 10, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Yes, as 2 seconds on google flights could have shown you in a lot less time than it took to get this reply.

Only up to end of September though I believe, which is a shame as I was looking for early 2023.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Yes, as 2 seconds on google flights could have shown you in a lot less time than it took to get this reply.

Only up to end of September though I believe, which is a shame as I was looking for early 2023.
I think because they didn't upload the ATH-JED flight into the winter calendar, starting in october if i'm not wrong
Let's see if it'll be only a seasonal flight or a year one
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JED airside hotel open

Long transits might be a little more comfortable.
The hotel is $100 for 6 hours.
Can't be booked ïn advance.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:58 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
FolksTime for a topic check. Let's keep the discussion focused on the fare, not the politics.

Thanks

Ryandc99
Moderator Mileage Run Forums
Old May 15, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Long transits might be a little more comfortable.
The hotel is $100 for 6 hours.
Can't be booked ïn advance.
Yes, I can confirm this. Location is after transit security upstairs on the left. I didn't use it though as transit was 4 hours (MAD-MNL).
321 likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:33 am

As i was planning to book this, i can't seem to find it anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.