FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1997325-saudia-ath-various-asia-business-rt-700-a.html)

IAN-UK May 5, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove (Post 34223519)
Of course this is possible in your luggage. If you buy it at the duty free and take it into the cabin you can also ask the crew for ice if you build your own drink. Friends of me did this on Egyptair several times.

Not again ! Where does this nonsense come from?

foxyankee May 5, 2022 6:23 pm

When will they publish the winter shedule?

No flights online towards Asia beyond end of October this year.

Splendiz May 6, 2022 6:07 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog (Post 34220777)
Decided to book this to KUL in a few weeks. As I understand correctly, Malaysia doesn't impose any Covid entry restrictions for vaccinated people, so no PCR required.
For Jeddah, I will stay in transit so covid rules don't seem to apply too. Will have to spend 7 hours in their new lounge.

Are we sure that covid rules don't apply for Saudia Airlines flights transiting in JED. ?

This sentence from the website is not very clear:
  • Guests traveling from Saudi Arabia's airports must present the Tawakkalna App, which shows the state of health, as this will be a condition for entering Saudi Arabia's airports, issuing boarding passes, and boarding the aircraft, according to the rules and regulations of the General Authority of Civil Aviation.

Paella747 May 6, 2022 6:08 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 34223613)
Not again ! Where does this nonsense come from?

I believe he told us where it came from. When his friends did it (albeit on EgyptAir). Did you try it and it didn't work? I don't think I'd try it on Saudia, but then again, I won't fly a dry airline... :D

egl0104 May 6, 2022 7:07 am

JUST flew ATH-JED-BKK. I did not have a negative test result or the app mentioned above, and they didn’t ask for either. I think the requirements don’t apply to transfers.

IAN-UK May 6, 2022 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Paella747 (Post 34226053)
I believe he told us where it came from. When his friends did it (albeit on EgyptAir). Did you try it and it didn't work? I don't think I'd try it on Saudia, but then again, I won't fly a dry airline... :D

It's really not a joke. Being caught with bottles of booze in hand-baggage at Jeddah will get the owner in trouble. Offering advice suggesting otherwise is reckless.

As for Egypt, possessing and consuming alcohol is not illegal. Far from it. It can be bought in the airport duty free. Although the national carrier is dry, you can carry alcohol on board. Cabin crew will serve soft drinks with ice: no doubt some will top up those drinks surreptitiously. It's crass behaviour, risking upsetting fellow passengers and potentially compromising crew, but there you are: it happens.

The situation in KSA is completely different, there is a total and complete ban on the purchase, possession, transport and consumption of alcohol outside embassies and some foreign-operated compounds. Penalties for breaking the law can be severe.

IAN-UK May 6, 2022 7:19 am

Originally Posted by egl0104 (Post 34226173)
JUST flew ATH-JED-BKK. I did not have a negative test result or the app mentioned above, and they didn’t ask for either. I think the requirements don’t apply to transfers.

There is no requirement for Covid-related tests of any type to transfer at any Saudi airport, or to enter the country.

Tawakallna is the contact tracing app.

=====

just to update the Tawakallna ïnfo. Its no longer strictlÿ necessary, but its probably better to have ït as some malls/cafes and other public places ask to see it, even if the reqest ïs half-hearted.

tr3k May 6, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 34226545)
I decided to get my info at the source, ie Saudia website, and it's not very clear:

Why "Oman" if this is for Saudi Arabia?

Ads Davies May 9, 2022 4:21 pm

Is this still valid in 2022?

Is this still valid in 2022?

Maestro Ramen May 10, 2022 2:41 am

Yes, as 2 seconds on google flights could have shown you in a lot less time than it took to get this reply.

Only up to end of September though I believe, which is a shame as I was looking for early 2023.

AurelAF96 May 10, 2022 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 34236852)
Yes, as 2 seconds on google flights could have shown you in a lot less time than it took to get this reply.

Only up to end of September though I believe, which is a shame as I was looking for early 2023.

I think because they didn't upload the ATH-JED flight into the winter calendar, starting in october if i'm not wrong
Let's see if it'll be only a seasonal flight or a year one

IAN-UK May 15, 2022 6:01 am

JED airside hotel open

Long transits might be a little more comfortable.
The hotel is $100 for 6 hours.
Can't be booked ïn advance.

ryandc99 May 15, 2022 8:58 am

FolksTime for a topic check. Let's keep the discussion focused on the fare, not the politics.

Thanks

Ryandc99
Moderator Mileage Run Forums

KL803 May 15, 2022 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 34251017)
Long transits might be a little more comfortable.
The hotel is $100 for 6 hours.
Can't be booked ïn advance.

Yes, I can confirm this. Location is after transit security upstairs on the left. I didn't use it though as transit was 4 hours (MAD-MNL).

Wushuvushu May 23, 2022 8:33 am

As i was planning to book this, i can't seem to find it anymore :(