Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: EBG
I took the businessclass Saudia flight from FCO via RUH to CGK on a oneway ticket in 2018 when the price was 380€ for a oneway.
Excellent flights and if you can live with a 320 on the shorter leg and a 2 -2-2 on the 773 it is fine.
Nice catering, no alcohol, wine, beer as SV is 100% dry.
would definately fly Saudia again at the present sale price.

Last edited by clager; Feb 7, 2022 at 8:35 am
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by pete_ncl
I booked this last year for December 2020 travel

ATH-JED-KUL return

Of course, this didn't happen and I was told I can reschedule the travel up to Dec 2021 as long as there is availability.

I was also told I can change the route but not sure if there are any restrictions.

Has anyone else done it?
How did this turn out? did you manage to reschedule or re-route without any extra costs?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
How did this turn out? did you manage to reschedule or re-route without any extra costs?
Saudia changed the JED-ATH flights from Monday, Wednesday, Friday to Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. On my MNL-ATH they only changed the JED-ATH leg leaving me with a 30h connection in JED for which I would need a visa... Well, I have to call in and ask for options. I have a separate ATH-ZRH ticket attached on A3 which would be refundable. I hope, they can route me either to AMS or PAR as I have to be back at work. Flights are in June, so there's no rush. I will report back the outcome.
Original booking is MAD-JED-MNL-JED-ATH on SV with ZRH-MAD on UX and ATH-ZRH on A3 on separate tickets.
Paella747, Fli1 and cmnmia like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hi everyone, i got a ticket on this flight. Saudia cancelled my flight on the 13th june (MNL-JED-ATH) and changed on the 14th. However, I am unable to fly on this date as I need to be in Athens before the 14th. The OTA agent from Bravofly says my only option is a refund and they already processed it (I thought of getting it refunded). In the Saudia website, I am still confirmed with the two out of four flights.

Is there a chance that i could get a new date without paying more? if so, what would be the procedure?
Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Hi everyone, i got a ticket on this flight. Saudia cancelled my flight on the 13th june (MNL-JED-ATH) and changed on the 14th. However, I am unable to fly on this date as I need to be in Athens before the 14th. The OTA agent from Bravofly says my only option is a refund and they already processed it (I thought of getting it refunded). In the Saudia website, I am still confirmed with the two out of four flights.

Is there a chance that i could get a new date without paying more? if so, what would be the procedure?
Thank you in advance!
If you need to be in Athens by the 14th, then clearly the only option is to agree to give up a day in MNL and leave on the 12th, or earlier. It's odd the airline would not go along with this. But if it is imperative that you depart on the 13th, then SV cannot offer flights that meet your requirement, so their solution four months out is to give you a refund so that you can make alternative arrangements.

It's unfortunate you have to deal with an intermediary, but you elected to buy your ticket through an OTA, and from what you say it seems Bravofly took it upon themselves to request, or accept, a refund on your behalf. But, there again, i have no idea of your conversation with the agent. But if your agent acted in a cavalier fashion, without consulting you, you have a right to feel aggrieved.

You are not the only passenger reporting such behaviour, where agents take the easy option and request refunds when schedules change, without consulting their client, the passenger: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33960263-post8.html

In your position I'd try to speak to the airline, hoping to get a clearer picture of the status of your ticket; depending on the result of that conversation, you might wish to seek advice from a consumer-focussed organisation if you feel Bravofly has operated inappropriately.

I believe Bravofly is part of the lastminute.com empire and is based in Switzerland.
fridgy likes this.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Feb 6, 2022 at 7:12 am Reason: adding link
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: FB Gold

Thank you in advance!
I'm with IAN-UK on this. Call Saudia and ask the status of your ticket. I did this as well (booking was made on SV directly) and received three options:
1) full refund
2) change to an earlier or later departure from MNL
3) leave it as is for the moment
I chose option 3. This, because the agent told me that when they have to deal with rebooking at a later stage they have the power of re-routing even on a different carrier. So my small hope is, that SV will rebook me on KL which would bring me to ATH on time to reach my A3 flight to ZRH. As per the agent, rebooking to another destination would cost me the fare differential. For example, I asked to be rebooked to AMS instead of ATH, this would have cost me € 800! Of course, I didn't accept that. As there's no rush to do anything at this stage, I will call back in April or early May. Until then, there might be more changes to the flights anyway as the situation on this planet is still quite fluid.
Regarding Bravofly accepting a full refund without your agreement is highly unusual, and I would pursue this matter with the OTA. If they really have canceled your flights, I'm afraid you're a bit out of luck. At the moment it looks like SV has pulled its inventory and flights cannot be booked at the moment. There still is the CDG-MNL fare on LX/LH/OS/PR for roughly € 1700.00 if you need other options. Posted a while ago.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Thank you. I got a confirmed ticket from SVA but my status in Bravofly is that the refund is being processed. Maybe I will have to give them a call. thank you for all the help!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Thank you in advance!
You have a ticket to/from EU. EU rules govern. You had to be given option of refund OR rebooking at earliest possible date. The airline/TA can't make the choice for you. I would contact Saudia and tell them agent gave you no option and canceled and request refund without your consent..

If Saudia refuses to help, contact an EC261 support company They can advise on, or even take,, the next steps for you..
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You have a ticket to/from EU. EU rules govern. You had to be given option of refund OR rebooking at earliest possible date.
Sadly, the OP is travelling on a non-EU carrier into the EU. Not an eventuality covered by EC261.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Does anyone have recent experience flying with Saudia in J, as well as the new terminal at JED?

I've seen some photos of Saudia Y where they are doing tablecloth service and "bistro style" service, which seems pretty incredible.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:36 am
R2

Thank you in advance!
There is a Bill of Rights for Air Passengers in the Philippines and it covers foreign airlines flights departing the Philippines. There exists a more user-friendly version of it online but I can't find it now. This is the link to the full document. You have the right to choose either rebooking or refund.

https://dotr.gov.ph/images/front/air...ber%202012.pdf
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Does anyone have recent experience flying with Saudia in J, as well as the new terminal at JED?

I've seen some photos of Saudia Y where they are doing tablecloth service and "bistro style" service, which seems pretty incredible.
I recently was in Jeddah and the new airport is amazing compared to the old terminal. Proper check-in stations, train to move from check-in/security to the terminals with jet bridges as well as new restaurants and lounges.

Family flew on Saudia in J with the refreshed seats and said that they had a great experience.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:22 am

I don't think Saudia flies to MNL any more.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
I don't think Saudia flies to MNL any more.
I also can't find any availability as of today
- although there was plenty previously

Hopefully they are updating the schedule, now that the Philippines border is open (as of today)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:04 am

Hi do you call the Saudia call centre in Saudi itself or just any branch? I was on the phone waiting for 40 minutes only to be cut when someone from Saudia picked up. I wonder If it is smart to call the contact centre in Athens, so please give some advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.