FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1997325-saudia-ath-various-asia-business-rt-700-a.html)

gottaluvNW Jan 12, 2022 1:44 am

I see fares under 1000 Euros ex Athens to go to Maldives - all the way through October 2021.
Has anyone found fares out of other European origin cities for the Maldives at this fare...?

asian_crossfitter Jan 12, 2022 2:23 am

Originally Posted by 321 (Post 33893180)
https://new.saudia.com/

Also you can try changing the country by clicking the flag at the top right of the (desktop) page

Example
- if I set my country to Greece, no flights found for ATH>KUL 6th-13th June
- if I set my country to Germany, flights are found for ATH>KUL 6th-13th June (as my earlier post)

I got this one booked May 27 til June 12. Thank you guys. Still checkng if it is available in the autumn as I need to come back home to MNL by then!

NextWhiteDeath Jan 12, 2022 7:10 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW (Post 33894535)
I see fares under 1000 Euros ex Athens to go to Maldives - all the way through October 2021.
Has anyone found fares out of other European origin cities for the Maldives at this fare...?

These cheap fares generally start from ATH or IST for European departures. SV doesn't have a large European network and other destinations are more medium haul. The other places there prices show up is north Africa. I personally seeing some TUN. So it mostly SV short haul operations as feeders.

gottaluvNW Jan 13, 2022 1:35 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath (Post 33894997)
These cheap fares generally start from ATH or IST for European departures. SV doesn't have a large European network and other destinations are more medium haul. The other places there prices show up is north Africa. I personally seeing some TUN. So it mostly SV short haul operations as feeders.

Milan, Rome, and Geneva have also been previous origin points for these sale fares.
Has anyone seen fares out of these cities, this year?

jfkeze Jan 13, 2022 2:59 am

Wasn't the fact that ATH had 320 service one of the drivers of the lower prices? Pre-Covid GVA does ring a bell, but ATH and also IST were the usual suspects.. Also ATH is usually the cheapest point into EU, see for instance ex-SIN on EY usually pretty cheap to ATH

lieflatn000b Jan 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Restrictions in Jeddah airport

Are there dress code restrictions in Jeddah airport or aboard this airline? Finding conflicting information online. As a woman, this would be more important to me than it being dry as I’m not willing to wear a black Saudi dress just to transit through and certainly not for the whole flight. Thank you!

lieflatn000b Jan 20, 2022 3:49 pm

How to tell if it’s lie flat?

How do you tell if it’s lie flat. I found class I from ATH to Jakarta and class D Kuala Lumpur to ATH for June for €817. Really had to try multiple dates. I am not allowed pictures yet :(

cmnmia Jan 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by lieflatn000b (Post 33920781)
How do you tell if it’s lie flat. I found class I from ATH to Jakarta and class D Kuala Lumpur to ATH for June for €817. Really had to try multiple dates. I am not allowed pictures yet :(

have a look on google flights. after you selected the flights it should tell you.

ExpatSomchai Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Horrible connection but Round trip to Kuala Lumpur | Google Flights

747jetter Jan 20, 2022 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by cmnmia (Post 33920794)
have a look on google flights. after you selected the flights it should tell you.

Don't count on it. It is more or less just luck and last minute equipment change happens often on "secondary" routes like Jakarta and 320 routes.

JournoFlyer Jan 21, 2022 10:33 am

Originally Posted by lieflatn000b (Post 33920731)
Are there dress code restrictions in Jeddah airport or aboard this airline? Finding conflicting information online. As a woman, this would be more important to me than it being dry as I’m not willing to wear a black Saudi dress just to transit through and certainly not for the whole flight. Thank you!

Hey there,

My female friend and I connected through Jeddah one one of these fares back in 2018 (IST-JED-CGK) and you are absolutely not required to wear a black dress. If I recall my friend was wearing jeans and had a small denim jacket just to cover her bare shoulders, and even then, that was in the "public" areas. In the lounge she removed that jacket and there were no issues whatsoever. Hope this helps!

plae Jan 21, 2022 11:42 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 33920891)
Don't count on it. It is more or less just luck and last minute equipment change happens often on "secondary" routes like Jakarta and 320 routes.

But what should we fear for? angle-flat or something?

ItsWowStyle Jan 21, 2022 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by plae (Post 33923072)
But what should we fear for? angle-flat or something?

Yup, first world problems. :p

plae Jan 21, 2022 4:55 pm

But seriously, they have that?
Ofcourse first world problem. But still a problem :D

drwook Jan 22, 2022 3:42 am

How is Saudia? I've never flown with them but this fare looks pretty compelling, what am I missing? (!)