Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:23 am

Any idea how long Saudi will allow the ticket to remain open, flew out from ATH to KUL January and was due to return April, that's passed as flight was cancelled. The website mentions one year but seems to suggest from ticketed?? Ideally I'd like to use the KUL-ATH portion in Q2/Q3 2021, anyone had any luck with this? I've emailed and tweeted them without reply
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prιsidentielle
Originally Posted by mattspod
I've emailed and tweeted them without reply
Call them. That's the best way to solve it.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Any idea how long Saudi will allow the ticket to remain open, flew out from ATH to KUL January and was due to return April, that's passed as flight was cancelled. The website mentions one year but seems to suggest from ticketed?? Ideally I'd like to use the KUL-ATH portion in Q2/Q3 2021, anyone had any luck with this? I've emailed and tweeted them without reply
Hey, any news, how it went for you? I've just checked my December-January journey and it seems my ATH-JED/RUH legs are cancelled, but that's even better -- technically it allows me to reschedule/ postpone my journey, especially while borders are closed. Unfortunately my ticket validity expires in February, so I really hope they're not very strict with this rule. Thanks!

Last edited by pull_over; Aug 31, 2020 at 4:18 pm
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:22 am

Leaving it for a few days before calling, for them to digest the very recent news of Malaysia new MCO to end of year, and hopefully introduce some flex..
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:28 am

Leaving it for a few days before calling, for them to digest the very recent news of Malaysia new MCO to end of year, and hopefully introduce some flex..
Let us know how it goes!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Did someone ask for a refund (of a ticket cancelled by Saudia)?

If yes, how long did you wait to received the cash back?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by AurelAF96

I booked though an OTA (Bravo Fly). Think it took about a month and a half. Flight was for beginning of March.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by AurelAF96

I refunded a partially flown Saudia ATH-KUL round trip (KUL-ATH was still open). Booked directly with SV, refund took under 2 weeks.

Strangely, the refund process for partially flown tickets may involve some haggling. My original round-trip fare was €748.63, and SV initially advised a refund of €306. I asked them to show their math, received no further communication, and then a refund of €427.53 showed up.
raporot likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by jpdx
I refunded a partially flown Saudia ATH-KUL round trip (KUL-ATH was still open). Booked directly with SV, refund took under 2 weeks.

Strangely, the refund process for partially flown tickets may involve some haggling. My original round-trip fare was €748.63, and SV initially advised a refund of €306. I asked them to show their math, received no further communication, and then a refund of €427.53 showed up.
When did you ask the refund?

How did you ask it also?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:35 am

How's the JED-transfer in these days? Still need to do the busride between old and new terminal? Thanks for update ☺️
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by criced
How's the JED-transfer in these days? Still need to do the busride between old and new terminal? Thanks for update ☺️
https://www.arabnews.com/node/1697001/saudi-arabia

Looks like the South Terminal is now closed for good and everything is now shifted to the new terminal, so no more dodgy bus transfers
raporot, criced and Pocatello like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: Kris flyers
Originally Posted by jpdx

The same route here
Ticketed at begging of Dec 2019. Paid 3099 SAR / charged by AUD 1260.91
I've flown from ATH-KUL via Jed in mid of Jan.
Return flight was supposed to be on 11 June and of course couldn't fly to anywhere during the pandemic.
I was thinking to postpone the flight to June 2021, and unfortunately the extension only allowed to be travel by end of Jan 21.
Requested fund on 30 Sep and it's taken exactly 30 days. Finally, the refund amount was 1772 SAR/ 659.79 AUD appeared on my credit card.

Last edited by Fangbin Lee; Oct 31, 2020 at 6:09 am
Old Oct 31, 2020, 5:03 am

Seems to me this fare is finally dead.
Fare gone...
Old Oct 31, 2020, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
Fare gone...
Don’t worry, will probably come up again postcorona.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Croupier
Fare gone...
It comes and goes. I would place money on the fact that Saudia doesn't know if they will be flying the routes and so don't want to sell tickets on them at the cheap price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.