Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/ LX/ OS companion fares: STO-Australia USD 2K in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/ LX/ OS companion fares: STO-Australia USD 2K in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by k_sheep
Would love to know how you put this together in ITA if you don't mind sharing ... I'm using all my usual tricks to no avail ...
Below my search box for this itinerary.

I put "alliance star-alliance" (instead of simply put "lx" between sin and zrh) hoping to get an LX9001 for the inbound. But wasn't able to get one.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Or use routing code LH,LX,SQ+

To be fair though, my TA couldn't reproduce anything I found. Apparently there is very, very scarce availability. Like looking for a needle in haystack, to quote my TA.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by k_sheep
Would love to know how you put this together in ITA if you don't mind sharing ... I'm using all my usual tricks to no avail ...

The fare is still live to book. Just had a look now for September, still there.

Use kayak.co.uk and use the +/- 3 day feature when searching dates. I booked mine a few days ago. The fare did not appear on google.flights nor ITA but kayak directed me to an OTA where I was successfully booked. I only checked Sept, not other months.

GBP1620 for ARN-ZRH-HKG (LX) HKG-SYD (VA). SYD - SIN - ZRH (SQ). ZRH-ARN (LX).
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:52 pm

I'm not sure I got a smashing deal or not.

May four seats:
ARN-FRA LH
FRA-SIN LH
SIN-MEL SQ
all in J

return is in PE
MEL-BKK Thai
BKK-FRA LH
FRA-ARN LH

total 58000 SEK

Seems a heck of a lot cheaper than what I can find otherwise though.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:53 pm

and it just so happened to be on the exact day we needed to fly out of europe to australia. I found maybe one other day the week before. Couldn't find a return so went PE but may not even fly that leg - deal was good enough as it is - almost 5K canadian to fly econo on that route.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Thanks everyone for the hints. I can't find anything under 3600 gbp. That's using OSL/ARN/GOT to BNE/MEL/SYD. Think I've missed out on this one. Hopefully everyone else enjoys theirs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.