Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ / FB italy from Europe Business from 199€ RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue

For those based around CDG chasing miles on Flying blue, Alitalia has got a sale on its business fares on direct flights until November 16th for flights until january 31st.

Just Booked CDG-FCO-BCN-FCO-CDG for 396 € for 60 XP. i could have added a BCN-FCO-BCN for a total of 90XP for 595 €, but didn't feel like hopping around airports all weekend. Only caveat is that these fares seem to be only available if you buy each segment separately (I tried feeding Matrix segment by segment and it came out at 850€ for the same journey).

I know there are slightly better options in Europe, but frankly, none that I found starting from CDG at this price.

Cheers,
dr. cox likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Seems to be that certain cities price out at €199 a return to FCO or from Rome to that city...
" MAD
* BCN
* ​​CDG
* AGP

other cities for €199 include NCE, ATH

* WAW , PRG and BUD for €249

AMS, BRU, LHR, FRA, MUC price in the 300-400 range...
Jolikiwi1980 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:38 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jolikiwi1980
For those based around CDG chasing miles on Flying blue, Alitalia has got a sale on its business fares on direct flights until November 16th for flights until january 31st.

Just Booked CDG-FCO-BCN-FCO-CDG for 396 € for 60 XP. i could have added a BCN-FCO-BCN for a total of 90XP for 595 €, but didn't feel like hopping around airports all weekend. Only caveat is that these fares seem to be only available if you buy each segment separately (I tried feeding Matrix segment by segment and it came out at 850€ for the same journey).

I know there are slightly better options in Europe, but frankly, none that I found starting from CDG at this price.

Cheers,
can you share with better options on lower price for Bis you know?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:08 am

Also CDGBLQ for 250€ until january in case someone booked last EF BLQ to China.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Seems to be that certain cities price out at €199 a return to FCO or from Rome to that city...
" MAD
* BCN
* ​​CDG
* AGP

other cities for €199 include NCE, ATH

* WAW , PRG and BUD for €249

AMS, BRU, LHR, FRA, MUC price in the 300-400 range...
Are these for nonstop flights to and from FCO?

Originally Posted by dr. cox
Also CDG – BLQ for 250€ until january in case someone booked last EF BLQ to China.
Presumably this is on Alitalia via Rome? Would net 42XPs if so, similar to the Malta deal last Summer (MIL-MLA).
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Presumably this is on Alitalia via Rome?
yes!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Are these for nonstop flights to and from FCO?.
Yes

Presumably this is on Alitalia via Rome? Would net 42XPs if so, similar to the Malta deal last Summer (MIL-MLA).
Yes, with the FCO-BLQ segment in Eco.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:25 am

ups.. did not see that, sorry!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:40 am

So it seems you need to Nest tickets to get the deal CDG-FCO and then FCO-BCN as two tickets instead of one...
Still it's XPs at a value of 6.5-7 € each... Not as great as the 4 € per XP on the earlier sales to BEG/MLA but still decent...
Jolikiwi1980 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes

But this was effectively the same last summer with my trip to Malta, where the BGY-FCO segment was Economy. It still booked into I-class and I earned the appropriate miles and XPs. Anyway, there is no « Business « on those domestic Italian flights.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

so even with the segment in economy you got the miles and xp for business ? If so it would effectively return better €/xp than my option !

But this was effectively the same last summer with my trip to Malta, where the BGY-FCO segment was Economy. It still booked into I-class and I earned the appropriate miles and XPs. Anyway, there is no « Business « on those domestic Italian flights.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:08 pm

Cheers,
As of today on 17 Nov, MAD -FCO, BCN -FCO CDG -FCO each RT flight is 249 euro. up for 50 euro. is this normal price for Alitalia? or still sales price continue for some time?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by yawataira
As of today on 17 Nov, MAD -FCO, BCN -FCO CDG -FCO each RT flight is 249 euro. up for 50 euro. is this normal price for Alitalia? or still sales price continue for some time?
In my opinion, it's part of the sale, if you look over longer periods of time, I believe there are 199 fares... I haven't pulled up the fare rules but felt it was a shorter term sale... Still 30 XPs for those who need in them without any hassle...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:15 pm

I see. 199 is really fine to buy without thinking, but 249, not very much reactive though still attractive price.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so even with the segment in economy you got the miles and xp for business ? If so it would effectively return better €/xp than my option !
Well, put it this way, the whole itinerary had the same booking subclass, including the domestic flights (which was I-class, AFAIR). But there was no difference of cabin or service on the domestic flights. It was an economy only cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.