Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ST: AF/KL GDN/KRK-HGH €1300+ (222XP+) - Lots of interesting routings!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold

Hi all,

I found a pretty strange fare between Poland (KRK/GDN/WRO) and China (HGH).
The simple version would be Poland-AMS-HGH, for a grand total of 102XP.

But, the fare rules describe a lot of interesting routings, like going to Moscow and back on the way to China, for a total of 222XP:
https://ibb.co/SnKfnmn
(Flyertalk is glitching, so I can't add pictures now. Will update to include it in post when I am able to)

Or, a bit more easy and boring, but possibly even more XP's, through Kiev:
https://ibb.co/Q6Wx0mx

The fare base is O7LSPL. These examples price out on for example Priceline.

Here are all the published routings (500 of them):

Spoiler

It even includes going trough Dubai, Astana, Vladivostok etc. Until now I have not been able to price them out, but somebody here might.
A stopover is possible for 75EUR. Changes/cancellations are 300EUR.

KLM's Dreamliner has a very good J product, and Aeroflot has really nice service and proper J seats on narrowbodies. They fly widebodies to Amsterdam.

Mileage-wise, this isn't too interesting, as the flights are AF/KL coded and the longhauls book into O class.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:15 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
W O W
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
looks interesting. probably not bookable.. KL AMS-SIN-IKT
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
The Air France intern is on it again! Anyone else is getting a big deja vu from the awesome IKT flash sale of two years ago?

Coincidentally, that one also started from Polish regional airports such as GDN/KRK (and Norwegian regional airports).
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
history repeats itself.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
This is an O fare, which doesn't earn well across most FF programs. Last year I flew on round-trip Z fare between ZRH to CTU via AMS for around the same price.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If your passport requires a visa for China and you don't already have a valid multi-entry visa, it might be possible to route this to be TWOV compliant.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
The Air France intern is on it again! Anyone else is getting a big deja vu from the awesome IKT flash sale of two years ago?

Coincidentally, that one also started from Polish regional airports such as GDN/KRK (and Norwegian regional airports).
Exactly my thought, and when I first saw the routing, I sincerely hoped it would be as easy to include awesome routings and stopovers. Had a blast flying that one.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
This is an O fare, which doesn't earn well across most FF programs. Last year I flew on round-trip Z fare between ZRH to CTU via AMS for around the same price.
When your goal is to simply fly to China, there are definitely better deals to be had. WAW/PRG-China on KLM is sometimes sub-1000. The amount of XP you collect with this one is insane though.
Justin Case, Repooc17 and Thysk like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:36 pm

anyone able too book very creative routing?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Many
Also available from WAW
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Many
And maybe not a fat finger mistake since QR has a similar fare.

g2929 and irishguy28 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I like the following rule:
IF THE FARE COMPONENT IS ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY 9W FLIGHT A SURCHARGE OF EUR 10000.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR TRAVEL FOR INTERNATIONAL SECTORS. APPLIES PER ADULT. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nldogbert
IF THE FARE COMPONENT IS ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY 9W FLIGHT A SURCHARGE OF EUR 10000.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR TRAVEL FOR INTERNATIONAL SECTORS. APPLIES PER ADULT. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.

EUR 10k for the Time Machine ride back to times before 9W went bankrupt seems reasonable
raporot and Justin Case like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:01 am

I only see 48 routings now (instead of 500). It still includes Moscow routing though. Has it changed?
Sorry, I now realized it's KL fare with 500+ routings, not AF.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert

Just to note that:

- fare rules are not meticulously updated and edited; they tend to re-use the same text over and over and over, updating only parts of it where necessary (and it is far from necessary to remove sections about non-existent carriers!)
- just because 500 fare routings are mentioned, does not mean that all (or even the majority) of them can be booked.
Thysk and f0zzyNUE like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.