Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: Multiple US Cities-BOM from $1,650 USD rt in Business [Package Deal]

AF: Multiple US Cities-BOM from $1,650 USD rt in Business [Package Deal]

Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:19 am

I called them and they said no, but it wasn't clear that the fare rules prohibit it - could just be an unusual request that their UI doesn't support.
Can't seen to find the fare rules, neither delta or expedia has been able to send them to me.

I did get a fare rule code from Delta: ZH1B08D1/LN1U. Anyone know how to get the actual full text rules from that? (I tried expertflyer premium, but didn't get anywhere)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:16 am

I got expedia agent to email me some of the fare rules. Bingo - but I still have no idea how to get this ticketed to use a stopover(s) - the agents just try to do it via multi-city trip with a separate hotel and that loses the good fare. (I'll note that my desired stopover point(s) are the international gateway cities that I'd connect thru anyhow, so it seems like this could work somehow... )

08.STOPOVERS
2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
ONLY AT THE GATEWAY
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT USD 50.00.
1 FREE IN EACH DIRECTION
1 IN EACH DIRECTION AT USD 50.00.
AND - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
AT USD 100.00 EACH.
bratclif likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:25 pm

Expedia is restricting this to a 30 day stay and not more. Anybody run into that? Im trying may 26 - July 15 bom-jfk

Thx
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:15 pm

I’m trying to get this deal to work out in September, but can’t get it to work. When is last day this can be booked for, or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:40 am

For the last two posters, this is what I learned from the fare rules (note this seems to contradict the Expedia 30-day stay max that sam mentions above - not sure how to explain that)
03.SEASONALITY
PERMITTED 15MAY THROUGH 22AUG OR 04DEC THROUGH 23DEC ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN.
06.MINIMUM STAY
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN. OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
07.MAXIMUM STAY
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 6 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
flatdawgs likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by nologic98
For the last two posters, this is what I learned from the fare rules (note this seems to contradict the Expedia 30-day stay max that sam mentions above - not sure how to explain that)
The 30 day limit and lack of ability to book stopovers are an Expedia restriction which has nothing to do with the fare rules. An independent travel agent (like liberty travel) should be able to book what you want. It may take a few calls to a few different agencies to find a competent agent so the more info you provide the better, like fare basis, flight numbers etc. Expedia agents are no help - they just go through the same front end you do
flatdawgs likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by 15cats
The 30 day limit and lack of ability to book stopovers are an Expedia restriction which has nothing to do with the fare rules.
The 30 day restriction was not there before. I haven't seen Skyteam z fares that allow stopovers before and I doubt it is possible in this case.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:42 am

Any luck for a IAD as of yet?

Hi guys...wondering if anyone had any luck out of iad? If so which dates....or I guess I can try to reposition if needed...to New York or Miami etc.

I know I posted weeks ago...but didn’t get a response. So just wanted to see if anyone had any luck yet....and what dates on either of them. Thank you very much for your time.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:01 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Hi everyone, I'm also checking on whether this bundled fare is still available. I've checked several bookings mentioned on the thread but none of them are pricing out currently (all around $3k each). Has anyone been able to price this out recently? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
seems like all the low fares are gone....i've been searching for a fare for mid august & haven't been able to find anything for less than $2,500....
boss315 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
ATL BOM for late July/ early August $2100 on Air Canada/UA. Didn't see any SkyTeam fares then though.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:14 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
seems like all the low fares are gone....i've been searching for a fare for mid august & haven't been able to find anything for less than $2,500....
Thanks for the datapoint, that's the same thing I'm seeing.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by 15cats
The 30 day limit and lack of ability to book stopovers are an Expedia restriction which has nothing to do with the fare rules. An independent travel agent (like liberty travel) should be able to book what you want. It may take a few calls to a few different agencies to find a competent agent so the more info you provide the better, like fare basis, flight numbers etc. Expedia agents are no help - they just go through the same front end you do
thanks for this advice - my sense is that you're right. Unless this fare is negotiated by Expedia and no other agency I call will have it. Any ideas how to figure that out?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:04 pm

still interested if anybody was able to find an expedia travel agent or affiliate that can offer these deals without the 30 day maximum stay clause - thanks
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by nologic98
thanks for this advice - my sense is that you're right. Unless this fare is negotiated by Expedia and no other agency I call will have it. Any ideas how to figure that out?
Originally Posted by sam007
still interested if anybody was able to find an expedia travel agent or affiliate that can offer these deals without the 30 day maximum stay clause - thanks
Just call your local liberty travel. I did that a couple years ago and they could do it, but it took a lot of hand-holding. Try to find the exact flights you want before and spoonfeed it to them. You might have to try a few agencies, since it took me a few tries to find an experienced agent who understood what I was trying to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.