Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Kl, dl: Atl-txl $2,098-2,285 5/23-30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I was prowling around for a way to get the 20K point bonus on my gold Amex for booking $1000 with KL or AF. I stumbled across this. It's good into June, but most dates are between $2500 and $2700 (on GoogleFlights). For some reason this particular week was cheaper. It's also available on Amex Travel for as low as $2098 if you have a Plat card and book as DL flights. I wanted to book as KL/AF because I'll get WAY more MQDs that way. Just this one flight is enough to make me at least Silver for next year in MQDs. There are other routings available--the one I booked goes through JFK with 4.5 hour layover outbound and 3 hours return. Other dates have different options. And I didn't check dates earlier than May.

I would add that when I tried to book via AF, it said the fare was no longer available. And yet, while GoogleFlights said the $2285 was only available through AF, and that KL was $2685, when I went to the KL site, it gave me the lower fare.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Great find! US origin Business fares in price range are rare.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Monday of that week should be the USA Memorial Day holiday, so it's not a good time for business travel.

BTW, can we assume that this is business class (D1 on DL) and not premium economy (PS = Premium Select on DL)?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Yes, it is Z class DL One. I was able to book the KLM flight numbers (for better RDM earning) on Delta.com (using ITA Matrix for Itinerary and PowerTools/BookwithMatrix to forward exact itinerary to delta.com. The KLM flights booked at the $2285 fare as shown.

Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I'll see you in Berlin!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Also, my last leg booked into Y. It looks like you managed to avoid that somehow. While I was booking, the KLM website warned me that there were no seats available in First on that flight. I thought it was just because of equipment. You seem to have been able to force the Z via the Delta site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.