FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   CX: DXB-BAH 5th Freedom lie flat J flight $360 USD (40 min flight) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1990954-cx-dxb-bah-5th-freedom-lie-flat-j-flight-360-usd-40-min-flight.html)

onlysuites Oct 15, 2019 3:10 am

Thanks OP. Great way to make DXB into multi-centre holiday.

BA97 Oct 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 31622881)
The 4 hours between flights makes a B2B quite possible.

If doing a B2B I assume that you don’t need to get a visa on arrival as you can just go through transit.

BA.com confirms 80 tier points for this return trip.

4 hours? Straight through arrivals and off to Trader Vic's at the Ritz-Carlton, couple of china vases full of rum and fruit juice, then back to the premium departures channel for an easy return and an on-board dose. Lovely. A lot like a trip I did with @MaxFlyer and others in another lifetime!

IAN-UK Oct 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by BA97 (Post 31632168)
4 hours? Straight through arrivals and off to Trader Vic's at the Ritz-Carlton, couple of china vases full of rum and fruit juice, then back to the premium departures channel for an easy return and an on-board dose. Lovely.

With an 08:30 arrival you might have to settle for something slightly less sybaritic :)

A lot like a trip I did with @MaxFlyer and others in another lifetime!

An hour's pampering on the way to Muscat springs to mind. But a devilish short turnround.

MaxFlyer Oct 16, 2019 7:10 am

4 hours? Straight through arrivals and off to Trader Vic's at the Ritz-Carlton, couple of china vases full of rum and fruit juice, then back to the premium departures channel for an easy return and an on-board dose. Lovely. A lot like a trip I did with @MaxFlyer and others in another lifetime!

Ah the good old days. Those trips got me into mileage runs.

Good to hear from you BA97!

bwiadca Oct 16, 2019 7:35 am

For people in this topic that are making fun out of this fare, you've obviously never flew intra Gulf region.
This is excellent deal.
I've done flights for weekends to DXB about 30 times in the last 18 months. The cheapest economy ticket that I've got was in Gulf Air for about $250, but that was with 3 or 4 weeks advanced booking. Other flights that I took were on average $400 for economy seat.

NA-Flyer Oct 16, 2019 8:12 am

I would like also to bring everyone attention to the new BA flight BAH-DMM-BAH starting in December. However, I am not if BA has a fifth freedom right on that route?