Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

HU: JFK to FOC from $1887 (Business)

Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Hainan Airlines is having a nice sale from New York to Fuzhou, China. Flights start at $1887 but these fares credit nicely to Alaska Airlines at 100% EQMs and 200% RDMs so you would earn 17856 EQMs and 33712 RDMs.

This fare comes in very useful for the Fuzhounese community based in the Northeast as this fare allows you to travel in style and with short connections.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
At 10.56 cents per EQM, this doesn't remotely qualify as a Mileage Run. Even for an AS MVPG75K with 125% Elite bonus miles the RDM is 3.25 cpm. That is 62.5% higher than you can purchase the miles for with current promtions.

Unless this is an itinerary you have a need to fly, it doesn't make sense to fly it for AS accrual.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
At 10.56 cents per EQM, this doesn't remotely qualify as a Mileage Run. Even for an AS MVPG75K with 125% Elite bonus miles the RDM is 3.25 cpm. That is 62.5% higher than you can purchase the miles for with current promtions.

Unless this is an itinerary you have a need to fly, it doesn't make sense to fly it for AS accrual.
I disagree, have you factored in the comfort and joy of flying in business class? Yes if it's economy then it's not a deal. You have also overlooked people needing to accrue milked and status with FWC.
moondog likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i am both FWC elite and AS elite...
anything <2k is a good deal tran pacific, i think...

Thanks for posting.
moondog and narvik like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
I disagree, have you factored in the comfort and joy of flying in business class? Yes if it's economy then it's not a deal. You have also overlooked people needing to accrue milked and status with FWC.
The intra China flights are 737s. Have you factored in that? The subject of this thread is Premium Cabin Mileage Runs. This does not qualify as a Mileage Run. It is just too expensive especially if you have to position to JFK. There are many better options. It may be a good fare with some comfort but that is where it stops. We will have to agree to disagree. The OP specifically suggested crediting to AS.

There should be a thread in the Premium Mile Run forum for good fares/deals that are not Mileage Runs like there is in the Y forum.

James
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
NYC and the Northeast have a huge Fujianese population add in the fact that it's a sub $2000 TPAC from the East Coast... I would consider it a deal.
If you want a simple mileage run grab a MU JFK SIN in Y... But there are some that like to MR in comfort...
Plus c'mon under $2000 TPAC from the East Coast...
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
NYC and the Northeast have a huge Fujianese population add in the fact that it's a sub $2000 TPAC from the East Coast... I would consider it a deal.
If you want a simple mileage run grab a MU JFK SIN in Y... But there are some that like to MR in comfort...
Plus c'mon under $2000 TPAC from the East Coast...
I agree, it is a deal, just not a mileage run for AS as the OP suggests especially if you aren't already in JFK. It is splitting hairs.

MU doesn't credit to AS so that is moot. Nobody said you had to fly Y for a mileage run. Did they?

You can do an RTW, EWR-SIN-LAX-EWR in SQ PE with AS Y LAX-EWR for $1275. EQM 20,730 miles at 6.15 cpm. As an MVPG75K you would earn 46,643 RDM at 2.73 cpm. If we value AS miles at 2 cpm that is equivalent to a $932.86 rebate on a $1275.00 fare effectively flying around the world for $324.14.

Alternatively, you could purchase 4000 miles for $110.00+tax and use the 50K RDM to fly one-way in CX J to China saving how much?

James
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
The intra China flights are 737s. Have you factored in that?
NOT all of them: CKG-PEK is on a 789 with lie flats.
(JFK-PEK via CKG at $1806)
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:42 am

This is a good deal if your just flying for fun 😉
jfkeze likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by narvik
NOT all of them: CKG-PEK is on a 789 with lie flats.
(JFK-PEK via CKG at $1806)
They are in the OPs example.

Originally Posted by Croupier
This is a good deal if your just flying for fun 😉
Not for me, too expensive! I have just as much fun searching & scouring fares and read the fare rules too. When the CPM is at or below my threshold, I will consider it. If HU provided a COS bonus on the fare bucket it might make sense. Often my RDM is below 2 cpm, cheaper than buying MP Miles with a bonus. I am certainly not flying just Y either.

James.
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The intra China flights are 737s. Have you factored in that? The subject of this thread is Premium Cabin Mileage Runs. This does not qualify as a Mileage Run. It is just too expensive especially if you have to position to JFK. There are many better options. It may be a good fare with some comfort but that is where it stops. We will have to agree to disagree. The OP specifically suggested crediting to AS.

There should be a thread in the Premium Mile Run forum for good fares/deals that are not Mileage Runs like there is in the Y forum.

James
The subject of this forum is actually Premium Fare Deals. The rules quite clearly say: "There are no strict rules on what constitutes a deal other than something that represents a good or excellent value. We will rely on the fact that many of our users know a deal when they see one. " I've read this forum every day for several years and feel quite comfortable saying anything under $2000 from JFK to Asia would be considered a premium fare deal.

The fact that the intra-China flights are on 737s means virtually nothing to this deal, given that more than 80% of the actual flying on this deal would be in lie-flat seats on the 787. Plenty of people would love a sub-$2000 ticket from the US to mainland Europe, even if that almost invariably means flying within Europe in short-haul business class on narrowbody planes for a far greater percentage of the flying time. If this deal doesn't suit you, you have every right to ignore it, but this represents genuine value to others, myself included.
narvik and m.y like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The intra China flights are 737s. Have you factored in that?
Two hours in a 737 recliner seat is just terrible.

The subject of this thread is Premium Cabin Mileage Runs.
No, it isn't, and hasnt been in years.

Move along If it doesnt meet your requirements. I dont know whats to do in Fuzhou, but if this fare was to SIN, BKK, HKG, NRT, etc, people would be ALL OVER IT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.