Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/JL LAX-SIN $840 RT PE ($723 via IAP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/JL LAX-SIN $840 RT PE ($723 via IAP)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:14 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
What an incredible fare. I only passed on it because of the 7 day minimum. I'm still holding out hope for a good EOY status run!
E55 and nickohrn like this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Does JAL increase prices if you keep searching multiple times? I put a flight on a LAX-SIN-LAX flight on free 7-day hold on JAL website and the price for that fare basis went up by $300 overnight and now the flight on hold costs that much more. I started searching for a different route, and that price went up as well as I kept searching. The fare basis is still available and the inventory remains the same for the dates I want, but the price for that fare basis went up by several hundred dollars (as I verified on EF). Now I'm wary of searching on JAL.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by nort
Does JAL increase prices if you keep searching multiple times? I put a flight on a LAX-SIN-LAX flight on free 7-day hold on JAL website and the price for that fare basis went up by $300 overnight and now the flight on hold costs that much more. I started searching for a different route, and that price went up as well as I kept searching. The fare basis is still available and the inventory remains the same for the dates I want, but the price for that fare basis went up by several hundred dollars (as I verified on EF). Now I'm wary of searching on JAL.
JAL doesn't do that.
In any case, use incognito mode to search.
Or, search on google flights and once you are satisfied with your dates/flights, repeat on JAL website.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
JAL doesn't do that.
In any case, use incognito mode to search.
Or, search on google flights and once you are satisfied with your dates/flights, repeat on JAL website.
why do those things if JAL doesn't do that?

I've read reports that airlines do, in fact, take advantage of cookies. Insofar as I'm concerned, this is not verified (AFAIK).

As a reminder, flight prices change often throughout the day.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:26 am

If the inventory hasn't changed but the price for a fare bucket went up, Is there a typical timeframe after which it would come back down? I'm looking for a flight next March to KUL or DPS. Anyone noticed any patterns? Thanks!

Last edited by nort; Oct 9, 2019 at 3:54 pm
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
why do those things if JAL doesn't do that?

I've read reports that airlines do, in fact, take advantage of cookies. Insofar as I'm concerned, this is not verified (AFAIK).

As a reminder, flight prices change often throughout the day.
From http://www.seeqr.com/blog/easy-ways-...cheap-flights/....
"Keep your flight search history a secret. Sites will track the cookies on your browser. If they detect that you've been searching for flights to certain destinations, they'll increase the prices on your next search. So always do your searching in incognito mode to protect your search history and find the best prices."

not that they're the definitive source but ironic that I was reading this and the tip popped up....
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
From http://www.seeqr.com/blog/easy-ways-...cheap-flights/....
"Keep your flight search history a secret. Sites will track the cookies on your browser. If they detect that you've been searching for flights to certain destinations, they'll increase the prices on your next search. So always do your searching in incognito mode to protect your search history and find the best prices."
I've noticed this with some hotel aggregators, but does any airline do this for their published fares? Beyond giving/not giving a discount for the flight, how would this even work?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by rill2503456
I've noticed this with some hotel aggregators, but does any airline do this for their published fares? Beyond giving/not giving a discount for the flight, how would this even work?
it's a great question. and I don't know the answer. nor do I know that this quote above that I put is accurate. I just know that I've heard it and I'm going to look into it to see if any evidence has been suggested about 1) that it happens and 2) how they do it. I'll report back if I find anything.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:21 pm

... nor do I know that this quote above that I put is accurate.
I have no opinion on that quote either. But the only way not to propagate fake info is by reporting only what you personally experienced or witnessed.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I have no opinion on that quote either. But the only way not to propagate fake info is by reporting only what you personally experienced or witnessed.
there's got to be one in every bunch....
"not that they're the definitive source but ironic that I was reading this and the tip popped up...."
my comment simply said that the tip appeared. I did not state that it was true or not. It seems like that you're suggesting that the people reading this forum can not determine for themselves what they consider to be true or not.
Additionally, people are certainly entitled, on discussion forums, to discuss things they may have seen or heard. It provides opportunities for - oh yeah - discussion. nowhere did I state "hey all I know this to be true with absolute certainty."
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:40 pm

...my comment simply said that the tip appeared. I did not state that it was true or not. It seems like that you're suggesting that the people reading this forum can not determine for themselves what they consider to be true or not...
Good points. Also actual personal experiences are often met with most hostility and disbelief IME. Some will immediately demand a link or reference (as if your own senses are less reliable than a troll farm).
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:27 am

Booked another roundtrip to DPS, flying JAL E to CGK and Garuda Y to DPS, with an overnight in CGK. This fare is only available on JAL website. Some E fares are only available if you choose the multicity option on JAL website, not the regular roundtrip search (even if you want a roundtrip ticket). Hope this helps. Thanks again, OP!
Antarius and E55 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
Moderator - I know that this query might need to be relocated:

OK. I know this fare is gone but what was compelling and confusing me was the EQD calculations. I know that JAL with AAdvantage nets 20% EQDs of Miles Flown. So a rough order magnitude LAX-NRT leg at 5400 miles nets $1,080 EQD (5400 x .20). But what confounds me is how to book this? This is where my skills disappear with the new order of web site bookings where the customer now has very limited control of stitching together flights . I miss the old days....

So these questions. Keeping it simple, let's assume the LAX-NRT-SIN route:
1) To receive AAdvantage Miles that this great deal would have presented, does the trip need to be booked on AA.com? Let's assume that I am not an AMEX customer and don't get the better IAP discount.
2) If not 1), can it be booked on the JAL site and then as a OW and AAdvantage member, I receive the AAdvantage credits?
3) Would I need to have a JAL Mileage Bank account? I assume I would not get both credits.

My sample trying to do this on aa.com always calls up American code share flights. This immediately forces the standard AA mileage and EQD credits and not the EQDs that make this deal actually "great." What am I missing... besides the right number of brain cells.\
Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by frebay
Thanks for this. It nets 3x eqd on AA.

newbie...why does this earn 3x eqm? Need a few more this year
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by oldAGE
Moderator - I know that this query might need to be relocated:.
probably not but I'm not a moderator. It's related!

I know that JAL with AAdvantage nets 20% EQDs of Miles Flown. So a rough order magnitude LAX-NRT leg at 5400 miles nets $1,080 EQD (5400 x .20).
For "P" this is correct.

But what confounds me is how to book this? This is where my skills disappear with the new order of web site bookings where the customer now has very limited control of stitching together flights . I miss the old days....
there are a few ways. Usually we just pull it up on google flights then choose the option associated with the price whether JL or AA site or what have you. Alternatively, if you can pull it up on Matrix then go to bookwithmatrix.com, you can use an OTA if you prefer (whichever BwM comes up with). For me, it's usually a bit tough to replicate these fares directly on the JL or AA sites (or any others).[/QUOTE]

So these questions. Keeping it simple, let's assume the LAX-NRT-SIN route:
1) To receive AAdvantage Miles that this great deal would have presented, does the trip need to be booked on AA.com? Let's assume that I am not an AMEX customer and don't get the better IAP discount.
2) If not 1), can it be booked on the JAL site and then as a OW and AAdvantage member, I receive the AAdvantage credits?
3) Would I need to have a JAL Mileage Bank account? I assume I would not get both credits.
1) it depends who is selling the available ticket/fare that you have found. If I remember correctly, the IO posted google flights links and showed an image of the AMEX portal. So, it's a definitely wherever you can find it!
2) yes
3) no and you are correct, you won't get both.
My sample trying to do this on aa.com always calls up American code share flights. This immediately forces the standard AA mileage and EQD credits and not the EQDs that make this deal actually "great." What am I missing... besides the right number of brain cells.\
Thanks.
See above .
You are correct, AA flight number, if not a special fare, will generate "normal" EQDs and EQMs. Use one of the above methods (google flights, matrix, etc).

You can also look on AAVacations or use one of the many helpful travel agents (NYC Flyer, Boca Stephen, etc) may be able to help you find a special fare (earns according to special fare charts).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.