Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
fare XLX08DN0
Day/Time restrictions
PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Seasonal restrictions
PERMITTED 01NOV 19 THROUGH 12DEC 19 OR 28DEC 19 THROUGH
28JAN 20 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 12 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL AT TURNAROUND.

Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Stopover restrictions

1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 3 AT USD 100.00 EACH.

Transfer restrictions
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN YVR/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./MEXICO/PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN JAPAN IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT 19.

Penalties

CANCELLATIONS: ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
CHANGES:
BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
Print Wikipost

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:04 am

sorry to ask a very stupid, rookie question. if i am looking to go from JFK -> HND (Japan anywhere, really), can this fare but utilized leveraging UR points?

again, sorry. i have tried to do my homework but it's a lot to take in.

thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by njfastlife
sorry to ask a very stupid, rookie question. if i am looking to go from JFK -> HND (Japan anywhere, really), can this fare but utilized leveraging UR points?

again, sorry. i have tried to do my homework but it's a lot to take in.

thanks.
You should be able to stopover in Tokyo for an extra $100 according to the fare rules, so you could do something like JFK-HND-TSA-HND / STOP / HND-JFK and search that as a multi-city in the UR portal. It's not the best thing in the world, but if you don't mind the extra flights might be worth it.

Google Flights
njfastlife likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
JFK-KUL is still alive and well but I can't seem to find BKK. As anyone had any luck finding BKK lately at anywhere near the original price?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rollthere
JFK-KUL is still alive and well but I can't seem to find BKK. As anyone had any luck finding BKK lately at anywhere near the original price?
I have some availability to BKK, one short trip in early Feb and the rest next late spring to early summer, but somewhat above the original sale price for TPE as BKK is closer to 2,800 from JFK. If you PM me your preferred dates or range of dates, I can try to build an itinerary for you in our GDS.

I also have more availability out of LAX for any west coast flyers
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Any options from the west coast? I was hoping to visit Japan in September.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pdxparse
Any options from the west coast? I was hoping to visit Japan in September.
You can try the YVR-HAN trip with an extended layover in NRT and then we can try and route you back through LAX where you just 'jump ship' and go home (assuming that's your base)
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Booked a nice vacation for the family, JFK-NRT-TPE//TPE-KIX//ITM-HND-JFK, at under $2200pp. Have some old friends in Taipei as well as Osaka, so looking forward to it. Thanks for the great fare.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:57 pm

Thanks everyone for this. I was able to book this on Amex IAP for 1800 jfk>nrt>tpe which will allow me to complete my exec plat challenge in one trip!

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:14 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Im leaving tomorrow morning on my JFK-NRT-TPE//TSA-HND//HND-JFK trip that I booked via IAP for the whole family to visit relatives in Taipei and Taoyuan using this deal. Thanks for the post! Very excited, but also a bit nervous for my 1.5 year-old daughters first long-haul flight. Her older brother is a pro at this point and will be just fine watching movies while slurping noodles!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
Im leaving tomorrow morning on my JFK-NRT-TPE//TSA-HND//HND-JFK trip that I booked via IAP for the whole family to visit relatives in Taipei and Taoyuan using this deal. Thanks for the post! Very excited, but also a bit nervous for my 1.5 year-old daughters first long-haul flight. Her older brother is a pro at this point and will be just fine watching movies while slurping noodles!
Excited for you! I leave on 1/26 and return 1/28, just a quick mileage run bc I need to get back to work, I've done this before on United in economy so this will be much more comfortable!

If crediting to AA pls do advise how your eqms and eqds turn out and how long they take to post please!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:21 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
If crediting to AA pls do advise how your eqms and eqds turn out and how long they take to post please!
Will do. My trip was booked as AA codeshare on the way to TPE, and pure JL flight numbers on the return - it was the only way to get the IAP discount for our dates. Off to the airport!
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Excited for you! I leave on 1/26 and return 1/28, just a quick mileage run bc I need to get back to work, I've done this before on United in economy so this will be much more comfortable!
Just flew that same itinerary (12/28 back 12/30). I love being on planes as much as much as other AVgeeks and I am usually good at sleeping on planes. However, on the way to NRT, JL 3 day-time flight, I barely slept and it was a long journey.

as of 12/31, still not JL flight credited to my AA account.
hp12c likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by zip10001
Just flew that same itinerary (12/28 back 12/30). I love being on planes as much as much as other AVgeeks and I am usually good at sleeping on planes. However, on the way to NRT, JL 3 day-time flight, I barely slept and it was a long journey.

as of 12/31, still not JL flight credited to my AA account.
Wow sounds like you and I are doing the exact same mileage run. Did you just stay at the Novotel in tpe or did you head into the city for a few hours and stay at a hotel there?

In terms of crediting should post in about 3 business days right? I am new to AA so this is an honest question.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Wow sounds like you and I are doing the exact same mileage run. Did you just stay at the Novotel in tpe or did you head into the city for a few hours and stay at a hotel there?
I booked a hotel in the city, Grand Hyatt Taipei, since I wanted to visit the "Taipei 101" building.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001
I booked a hotel in the city, Grand Hyatt Taipei, since I wanted to visit the "Taipei 101" building.
I did the same too! How long did it take you to get to the hotel from the airport? Did you take taxi or Uber? Thanks for your help, funny are plans are almost exactly the same lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.