Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP: LON to GIG from £1351! (Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

TAP is having a nice sale ex-London to Rio de Janeiro. Flights start at just £1351 and include service on their brand new Airbus 330-900 Neos

This fare books into TAP J Class which credits at 200% to a variety of carriers. So on this trip you would earn 22944 miles in many Star Alliance programs.

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

MrM2016 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
its notoriously difficult to judge what you will get from TAP in other *A programmes.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: *G / OW sapphire
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
its notoriously difficult to judge what you will get from TAP in other *A programmes.
correct. I booked an economy flexible ticket on TAP a while ago, most expensive economy option available and it credited 10% to my turkish airlines miles & smiles
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™

There are plenty of options from £1270 if you want a night (14 hours) in OPO

Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Andy49

There are plenty of options from £1270 if you want a night (14 hours) in OPO

Partly operated by Portugalia airlines? I would assume that this is a LCC/ULCC that doesn't credit anywhere much. Also what you posted doesn't say that it's business class.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:14 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Partly operated by Portugalia airlines? I would assume that this is a LCC/ULCC that doesn't credit anywhere much. Also what you posted doesn't say that it's business class.
No - just TAP subsidiary operating with smaller aircraft. Think AA Eagle or UA Express. Worth checking, if they now block an adjacent seat in C - used to be 2+2 - same as Y.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I didn't realise that proof was required but if you think its not business you could do a bit of your own searching and see that it is indeed business class. I can understand your dislike of LCCs, I don't like Flybe so I won't fly with Air France.

Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I skipped the OPO overnights as the savings would be offset by Hotel costs..
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Lisa L
correct. I booked an economy flexible ticket on TAP a while ago, most expensive economy option available and it credited 10% to my turkish airlines miles & smiles
That issue is entirely for the TP economic fare type/code, but the J fare should be rather straightforward.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lisa L
For economy it could be trickier as they don't publish the fare code much obviously. However and specially with TK is quite easy as earnings are always 150% for Business regardless of actual fare bucket.

Originally Posted by TPJ
No - just TAP subsidiary operating with smaller aircraft. Think AA Eagle or UA Express. Worth checking, if they now block an adjacent seat in C - used to be 2+2 - same as Y.
Configuration will most certainly be 2-2 without an adjacent seat blocked. So yes, keep that in mind as comfort wise (if you exclude food) is just like Y unless you're lucky with the seat next to you not being taken.

Also anyone considering this should be careful not to pick a flight still operated on an older A340 with angled flat seats.

Last edited by ricardojrsousa; Sep 21, 2019 at 4:15 am Reason: Forgot to add airplane note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.