Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa/ba dfw-tlv $2800 j, $2600 f/j

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold

Just booked a RT in J on AA.com for $2880. DFW-IAH-LHR-TLV, TLV-LHR-DFW. Dates were Feb 22 to March 3.

Same routing in F on the outbound and J return was $2600.

One-stop DFW-LHR-TLV also available at that price. As are connections through ORD, JFK, EWR.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Which begs the question why you didn't book the cheaper F....
econometrics and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
Which begs the question why you didn't book the cheaper F....
Had to book it on BA.com to do that... and whenever I need to change my ticket, it's not as easy dealing with them since I don't have BAEC status.

Also, DFW-IAH was in economy.

Looking back on it, I probably should have done F, but it would have only mattered on IAH-LHR. LHR-TLV is in the new CW Suite.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by econometrics
Had to book it on BA.com to do that... and whenever I need to change my ticket, it's not as easy dealing with them since I don't have BAEC status.

Also, DFW-IAH was in economy.

Looking back on it, I probably should have done F, but it would have only mattered on IAH-LHR. LHR-TLV is in the new CW Suite.
I see...you should write in and tell them that, that you sacrificed $200-300 and a slightly better cabin, just so you don't have to talk to them on the phone...

So would this go down even more with BA if booked with AARP and the chase discount?
econometrics and jgtennant75 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
So would this go down even more with BA if booked with AARP and the chase discount?
I would imagine the AARP discount would work, for sure. And, of course, if you can book it all on BA metal, the Chase discount would play in as well.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
You have 24 hours to cancel the booking and re-book without any penalty.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aglp2k
You have 24 hours to cancel the booking and re-book without any penalty.
I know. I'm satisfied with the way I did it. I don't like booking with BA. Especially when the initial flight is on AA metal domestically. I've been burned doing that before.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:37 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Any way to route for Max TP?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:01 pm

I was also seeing DL/AF some dates on Google Flights for $3600 in La Premiere both ways via ATL. That'd be tempting if I lived in Dallas!

I didn't try and see if it was bookable.
econometrics and Steviedean like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
If you're booking F then your status makes no difference when dealing with BA, you can contact the YouFirst team which is the same group of agents that handle the GGL members.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:33 am

thanks can you share he ita matrix or google flights screen - thanks

Last edited by bdsklar; Sep 18, 2019 at 6:35 am Reason: correction
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would imagine the AARP discount would work, for sure. And, of course, if you can book it all on BA metal, the Chase discount would play in as well.
Does the AARP Discount work on First Class though?

I've been looking at booking this, for me I can find the First Class for DFW-IAH/ORD-LHR-TLV for less than Business on the way there, on the way back I can sometimes see F for just a few hundred more than Business, though it is not as widely available, and in every instance I've been able to find it involves overnighting in LHR on the connection back, so the best fare I've found is First there and Business back, always involving an AA flight (that books into coach) on the F there and mixed class, so neither AARP (which can not be mixed cabin) or Chase (which has to be all BA metal/flight numbers) will work for what I've found (YMMV).

Last edited by Beckles; Sep 18, 2019 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
Does the AARP Discount work on First Class though?

I've been looking at booking this, for me I can find the First Class for DFW-IAH/ORD-LHR-TLV for less than Business on the way there, on the way back I can sometimes see F for just a few hundred more than Business, though it is not as widely available, and in every instance I've been able to find it involves overnighting in LHR on the connection back, so you the best fare I've found is First there and Business back, always involving an AA flight (that books into coach) on the F there and mixed class, so neither AARP (which can not be mixed cabin) or Chase (which has to be all BA metal/flight numbers) will work.
Yeah, that’s what I found as well. F there and J back with a segment in Y on AA.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:29 pm

$3400 after chase discount lax-lhr-tlv in A both ways, lax-lhr-tlv r/t
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:36 pm

can someone post a screenshot on how to search the F and J combined fare on ITA Matrix? Thanks a lot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.