Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: LAX-KIN via JFK (Delta One) OW $329 RT $703

Old Sep 11, 19, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat

LAX-KIN via JFK on Delta One (lie flat)
One way $329, Round trip $703

Mainly available Monday and Tuesday on the outbound.

One way sample:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/THqGs

Round trip:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/xvEWq
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Works from PHX for $691.
Old Sep 12, 19, 3:06 am

nice fare to JFK
haroon145, E55, Spiff and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Just a heads up, you can book on Expedia.IT and potentially not fly the last segment without repercussions and even check in luggage. Article from The Sun and Italian Competition Board Decision
Per a local regulation you can fly the segments you want and they can't force you to reprice or anything if the point of sale is Italy.
Not for everyone, if trying Hidden City then just do carry on or force an overnight stay in JFK.
But if you are brave and book on an Italian OTA , keep the document on the case you could even use it for a LAX-JFK round trip cutting out the JFK-KIN...

Expedia Link
E55 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Just a heads up, you can book on Expedia.IT and potentially not fly the last segment without repercussions and even check in luggage. Article from The Sun and Italian Competition Board Decision
Per a local regulation you can fly the segments you want and they can't force you to reprice or anything if the point of sale is Italy.
Not for everyone, if trying Hidden City then just do carry on or force an overnight stay in JFK.
But if you are brave and book on an Italian OTA , keep the document on the case you could even use it for a LAX-JFK round trip cutting out the JFK-KIN...

Expedia Link
Interesting, but not sure it's applicable to Delta.
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat View Post
Interesting, but not sure it's applicable to Delta.
So far Alitalia, Air France, Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines were put under examination of the Italian Authority. This time the Authority was called upon to check the commercial practices of British Airways, Etihad Airways, Iberia, KLM and Emirates.
If anyone is already planning on using this as a Hidden City might be worth buying on the Italy site and trying their luck in JFK...
Old Sep 12, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
So far Alitalia, Air France, Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines were put under examination of the Italian Authority. This time the Authority was called upon to check the commercial practices of British Airways, Etihad Airways, Iberia, KLM and Emirates.
If anyone is already planning on using this as a Hidden City might be worth buying on the Italy site and trying their luck in JFK...
Or just book with a greater than 12 hour connection which forces the bag to be dropped at the connecting point anyways. That seems easier than being the guinea pig for this - but if someone else does it, report back please
MaxVO and E55 like this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Or just book with a greater than 12 hour connection which forces the bag to be dropped at the connecting point anyways. That seems easier than being the guinea pig for this - but if someone else does it, report back please
I posted a sample with 16 hours... so that would work...

But if anyone is a guinea pig I'll throw in a MQD Consulting session in exchange for the info...

I'm in EZE these days and Ms. JFKEZE and JFKEZE Jr won't let me fly to LAX to try it out myself!
Pocatello, MaxVO and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 3:12 pm

DL: JFK-KIN 555$ rt biz nonstop

Nonstop to Jamaica with Delta Air Lines 555$ in business class, a good price if you compare to economy class 370$

Link to my blog where I post about this fare: Premium-Flights.com

Sample Link:
Google Flights

Rules:

Blackout Dates
FROM THE UNITED STATES - TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 11OCT 19 THROUGH 14OCT 19 OR 22NOV 19 THROUGH 29NOV 19 OR 20DEC 19 THROUGH 29DEC 19. TO THE UNITED STATES
- TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 11OCT 19 THROUGH 14OCT 19 OR 29NOV 19 THROUGH 03DEC 19 OR 27DEC 19 THROUGH 07JAN 20.

Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS FOR EACH SECTOR ON THE FARE COMPONENT ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 21 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE FROM FARE COMPONENT ORIGIN.
TICKETING FOR DEPARTURE OF EACH TRIP MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 21 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE FROM FARE COMPONENT ORIGIN WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
greendx likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: AS - MVPG
In for one at the end of January; was able to route PHX-LAX-JFK-KIN with the transcon on D1; definitely a great deal!
Old Dec 17, 19, 9:06 pm

Kin-jfk-lax-hnl $451

Not exactly the easiest to position for unless using the original fare described above and are willing to trek to Kingston which is not exactly a tourist mecca, but seeing a bunch of dates in January/February for this routing at this fare, directly bookable on DLís website; JFK-LAX is in D1, LAX-HNL is lie flat F on the 763.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by danowe88 View Post
Not exactly the easiest to position for unless using the original fare described above and are willing to trek to Kingston which is not exactly a tourist mecca, but seeing a bunch of dates in January/February for this routing at this fare, directly bookable on DLís website; JFK-LAX is in D1, LAX-HNL is lie flat F on the 763.
How did you get that pricing? Everything I see is twice as much...
Old Dec 18, 19, 12:18 am

Trying to find from sfo
Old Dec 18, 19, 1:21 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime View Post
How did you get that pricing? Everything I see is twice as much...
It's gone now -- either sold out or fixed. I was able to replicate the pricing earlier but didn't pull the trigger
Old Dec 18, 19, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
It's gone now -- either sold out or fixed. I was able to replicate the pricing earlier but didn't pull the trigger
(Edit): it was live as of ~11 PM EST yesterday (when I booked); still seeing it on Delta's website for several dates; interestingly with Google Flights, the initial search will return all business/first results; when you click on a chosen itinerary it will instead flag the transcon and transpac segments as C+, but when you click through to actually book on Delta's site (or search the routing there directly) they are booking into the forward cabin across the board.

For example, on 1/28:
DL 2843: F
DL 428: D1
DL 187: F

Last edited by danowe88; Dec 18, 19 at 3:13 pm Reason: Clarified link and availability.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: