Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ TUN-JNB rtn business £994.00

AZ TUN-JNB rtn business £994.00

Old Aug 31, 19, 9:08 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 773
AZ TUN-JNB rtn business £994.00

Not seen these fares for a while but AZ are just sub £1k for TUN-FCO-JNB rtn in business at the moment for selected dates. I was looking at 15 October outbound and return 4 November on Skyscanner - book through MyTrips OTA (there is a £988 fare with GotoGate but they get terrible reviews). As usual with AZ booking too far out you pays your money and takes your chances!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
wijibintheair is offline  
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:54 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 745
There is zero risk if you book using a CC as you get your money back if the provider fails to deliver the service.
planestupid is offline  
Old Aug 31, 19, 8:01 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,073
Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
There is zero risk if you book using a CC as you get your money back if the provider fails to deliver the service.
After the CC bank pays the merchant in ~ 2 months, any extra leverage of the payment method disappears. The airline may theoretically owe the pax money for not providing the service, but there will be no intermediary to front that money to you.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:40 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 745
Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
After the CC bank pays the merchant in ~ 2 months, any extra leverage of the payment method disappears. The airline may theoretically owe the pax money for not providing the service, but there will be no intermediary to front that money to you.
My understanding of the system is that it is the CC company (Visa, Alex etc) who must reimburse the customer. The CC company may, in turn, recover the money from the merchant (Alitalia in this case). Hence paying by CC eleminates the risk of the customer being left out of pocket.
planestupid is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 5:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 6,078
How many XP would this earn?
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 6:14 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 773
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
How many XP would this earn?
I think 90XP
wijibintheair is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,013
Originally Posted by wijibintheair View Post
I think 90XP
Yeap 15 each way for TUN-FCO and 30 each way for FCO-JNB
jfkeze is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 12:21 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 6,078
Originally Posted by wijibintheair View Post
I think 90XP
Damn, almost to ST Elite in one go...if this bookable into 2020?
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 3:23 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 773
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Damn, almost to ST Elite in one go...if this bookable into 2020?
Yes looks like it - if you are flexible on dates.
wijibintheair is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:13 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 16
This fare has been around for a while. The fare rules allow you to use Etihad to route via AUH. It might be worth playing around with flight numbers, when I looked at this back in January EY flights appeared to attract lower surcharges than AZ ones. FCO - AUH is on the Dreamliner, you can also route TUN - FCO - MXP - AUH - JNB, MXP - AUH is the A330.

The fare allows unlimited free stopovers.
PO48RA is offline  
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:00 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,013
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Damn, almost to ST Elite in one go...if this bookable into 2020?
If you just want ST Elite Status do a 90 XP Run to TRF or BLL for under 500-550 Euros...
ubiest likes this.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 3:21 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 6,078
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
If you just want ST Elite Status do a 90 XP Run to TRF or BLL for under 500-550 Euros...
sounds nicer to visit friends in CPT 👍🏻
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 3:49 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 773
Originally Posted by PO48RA View Post
This fare has been around for a while. The fare rules allow you to use Etihad to route via AUH. It might be worth playing around with flight numbers, when I looked at this back in January EY flights appeared to attract lower surcharges than AZ ones. FCO - AUH is on the Dreamliner, you can also route TUN - FCO - MXP - AUH - JNB, MXP - AUH is the A330.

The fare allows unlimited free stopovers.
The fare was there, then it disappeared for about 4 months and now seems to be back.
wijibintheair is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:43 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 8,216
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
If you just want ST Elite Status do a 90 XP Run to TRF or BLL for under 500-550 Euros...
I was going to say, this is a better deal and costs less and doesn’t have the fiddle of starting in Tunisia. But I am struggling to find them under 500 Euros. If it comes up again next year, I will book it.
Concerto is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 2:29 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post


I was going to say, this is a better deal and costs less and doesn’t have the fiddle of starting in Tunisia. But I am struggling to find them under 500 Euros. If it comes up again next year, I will book it.
If you are still looking for these runs to TRF, they are still widely available (at least from DUS). Departure on 29-11 and return 1-12. These are just some random dates I picked.

Rambol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: