Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AZ TUN-JNB rtn business £994.00

Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Not seen these fares for a while but AZ are just sub £1k for TUN-FCO-JNB rtn in business at the moment for selected dates. I was looking at 15 October outbound and return 4 November on Skyscanner - book through MyTrips OTA (there is a £988 fare with GotoGate but they get terrible reviews). As usual with AZ booking too far out you pays your money and takes your chances!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
There is zero risk if you book using a CC as you get your money back if the provider fails to deliver the service.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid
There is zero risk if you book using a CC as you get your money back if the provider fails to deliver the service.
After the CC bank pays the merchant in ~ 2 months, any extra leverage of the payment method disappears. The airline may theoretically owe the pax money for not providing the service, but there will be no intermediary to front that money to you.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by MaxVO
After the CC bank pays the merchant in ~ 2 months, any extra leverage of the payment method disappears. The airline may theoretically owe the pax money for not providing the service, but there will be no intermediary to front that money to you.
My understanding of the system is that it is the CC company (Visa, Alex etc) who must reimburse the customer. The CC company may, in turn, recover the money from the merchant (Alitalia in this case). Hence paying by CC eleminates the risk of the customer being left out of pocket.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
How many XP would this earn?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
How many XP would this earn?
I think 90XP
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I think 90XP
Yeap 15 each way for TUN-FCO and 30 each way for FCO-JNB
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I think 90XP
Damn, almost to ST Elite in one go...if this bookable into 2020?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Yes looks like it - if you are flexible on dates.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
This fare has been around for a while. The fare rules allow you to use Etihad to route via AUH. It might be worth playing around with flight numbers, when I looked at this back in January EY flights appeared to attract lower surcharges than AZ ones. FCO - AUH is on the Dreamliner, you can also route TUN - FCO - MXP - AUH - JNB, MXP - AUH is the A330.

The fare allows unlimited free stopovers.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
If you just want ST Elite Status do a 90 XP Run to TRF or BLL for under 500-550 Euros...
ubiest likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jfkeze
If you just want ST Elite Status do a 90 XP Run to TRF or BLL for under 500-550 Euros...
sounds nicer to visit friends in CPT 👍🏻
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PO48RA
This fare has been around for a while. The fare rules allow you to use Etihad to route via AUH. It might be worth playing around with flight numbers, when I looked at this back in January EY flights appeared to attract lower surcharges than AZ ones. FCO - AUH is on the Dreamliner, you can also route TUN - FCO - MXP - AUH - JNB, MXP - AUH is the A330.

The fare allows unlimited free stopovers.
The fare was there, then it disappeared for about 4 months and now seems to be back.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by jfkeze
I was going to say, this is a better deal and costs less and doesn’t have the fiddle of starting in Tunisia. But I am struggling to find them under 500 Euros. If it comes up again next year, I will book it.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto

I was going to say, this is a better deal and costs less and doesn’t have the fiddle of starting in Tunisia. But I am struggling to find them under 500 Euros. If it comes up again next year, I will book it.
If you are still looking for these runs to TRF, they are still widely available (at least from DUS). Departure on 29-11 and return 1-12. These are just some random dates I picked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.