Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

PR: PEK-DPS $540 USD rt in Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Phlilippine's books into Z, so not many earning opportunities, but about 1/2 the cost of the next cheapest alternative:
https://www.wheretocredit.com/philippine-airlines/z

Sample

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=multi&leg1=from:PEK,toPS,departure:0 3/15/2020TANYT&leg2=fromPS,to:PEK,departure:03/27/2020TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0 ,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:business&mode=se arch
michaelxv and Maayan like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Heads up... some MNL-DPS flights are operated by the 321 Neos with Lie-Flat seats... of course subject to equipment change but might be nice to try it out... Business Traveller Article on PR a321neo
Maayan and E55 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:15 am

Suppose I take this deal but want to bail in MNL on the way back. From reading the rules it appears that no-showing the MNL-PEK leg would just cost me a 500 CNY penalty? Would they simply charge my CC? What if my CC expires just before the trip back?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Maayan
Suppose I take this deal but want to bail in MNL on the way back. From reading the rules it appears that no-showing the MNL-PEK leg would just cost me a 500 CNY penalty? Would they simply charge my CC? What if my CC expires just before the trip back?
With luggage or without luggage? With Luggage you could select this nice layover in MNL and request your bag to be short-tagged to MNL as you need "somethings" during your layover...

Without luggage: Just walk to immigration and not connections...

But in both cases you would need a valid Chinese Visa as it would be checked in DPS... Unless you have a throwaway PEK-XXX
Maayan likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:45 am

Oh great, matrix didn't show the option with the 15h connection on the date I selected, so I'll try another. That's definitely the way to do it - I don't want to count on a DPS agent agreeing to short-check.

And yes, I would have a Chinese 2-entry visa anyway for the $1323 CAN-PEK-LAX deal. So with these two tickets, I would use one entry to position to CAN, then I'll do a 144-hour TWOV at PEK on the way back from LAX by showing the TWOV desk the PEK-DPS ticket, which will leave me the second entry on the visa to show at check-in at DPS.
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:55 am

Oh great, matrix didn't show the option with the 15h connection on the date I selected, so I'll try another. That's definitely the way to do it - I don't want to count on a DPS agent agreeing to short-check.

And yes, I would have a Chinese 2-entry visa anyway for the $1323 CAN-PEK-LAX deal. So with these two tickets, I would use one entry to position to CAN, then I'll do a 144-hour TWOV at PEK on the way back from LAX by showing the TWOV desk the PEK-DPS ticket, which will leave me the second entry on the visa to show at check-in at DPS.
Not 100% sure and I might be wrong on that but the 144h twov comes with certain rules. You better double-check HERE. The rather strict rules would make your (very obvious) transfer to CAN not eligible for 144h twov.

edit:
What Is An Eligible Route?
A: departure country ⇒ B: Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei ⇒ C: the third country or region

Passengers cannot have any stop in Mainland China between A and B, and B and C. For example, if the passenger stops in Guangzhou before entering Beijing, Tianjin, or Hebei, he or she cannot enjoy the 144-hour visa-free transit.

What Is An Eligible Route?
Country A → B: Guangdong (=Guangzhou) → Country C

Here A refers to the country from which passengers enter Guangdong, and C refers to a third country or region. Before passengers' entry to Guangdong and after passengers' leave from Guangdong, they cannot have a stop anywhere in Mainland China. For example, if a passenger departs from UK to Guangzhou, with a stop in Shanghai (or PEK i would say), he cannot use the 144-hour visa-free transit.

Last edited by alp67; Aug 19, 2019 at 12:04 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:26 pm

alp67, I would not be going back to CAN, I would forfeit the PEK-CAN leg in favor of going PEK-DPS. The full itin would be XXX-CAN-PEK-LAX-PEK(stopover)-MNL-DPS-MNL-XXX
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Also available to CGK
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
alp67, I would not be going back to CAN, I would forfeit the PEK-CAN leg in favor of going PEK-DPS. The full itin would be XXX-CAN-PEK-LAX-PEK(stopover)-MNL-DPS-MNL-XXX
That might work - and your proposed actual itinerary is certainly fine for TWOV - however it is not without some risk.

A possible complication is that airlines are supposed to provide a list of passengers that plan to use the TWOV facility in advance of arrival. Whether or not Chinese immigration ever look at this information is unclear - but when you check-in at LAX, either you pretend to that you are going to CAN (showing your second visa entry) and your name will not be on this list, or you tell them that you plan to bail at PEK, in which case they could reprice your ticket ... (that might work in your favor though).
Maayan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.