Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Alitalia 20% Off MAURITIUS, MALDIVE and CUBA

Old Aug 16, 19, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Alitalia is currently running a promotion where you can get a discount of 20% of any class of service on their flights departing Italy to an exotic destination they serve. That means Havana, Maldives or Mauritius. Promo ends on 19th August and is applicable only for one passenger requiring to make separate reservations for more people.
https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/offer...esotico20.html
I was able to get a Havana ticket for 1111 EUR in business class when departing from Milan (domestic hop is in economy). You should not to forget about the possibility of missing segments that is allowed when your ticket was isued in Italy and you call the airline 24 hours before departure.
Old Aug 16, 19, 6:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Total side note, any more details about the dropping segments perhaps from local media. I'm in EZE nowwith Mrs. JFKEZE and JFKEZE Jr so testing the system wouldn't fly well...

But in theory if I read the reports correctly, you could book LGA-ORD-XXX on Expedia.IT and call the airline and request a drop of the ORD-XXX segment. I know most US3 would tell you to pound sand, but if there is a Small Claims equivalent in Italy might be worth a small investment to test the waters... I'm VERY familiar with NYC small claims and airlines but timelines are slow in the local courts...