Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

WY: MXP-PNH via MCT and BKK €888 business one-way

Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc

A good one-way fare with Oman Air from Milan to Phnom Penh (via Muscat and Bangkok). The older A330 from Milan but then onto the B789 to Bangkok.

Cancellation / change penalty very reasonable at €200pp cancel / €150pp change. We have purchased as an alternative to an upcoming Cathay flight...
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Pretty cool fare, and available starting in PNH as well in case anyone needs an emergency replacement for CX flights. Interesting that adding a PG flight on to BKK-MCT-MIL would result in such a dramatic fare drop ;-) as ex BKK is more than $2400 one way.

Also odd that I tried the usual suspects in the region where PG has an xxx-BKK flight and only USM-BKK-MCT-MIL priced out like this. Most others in the region are specifying TG for the first segment or routing through KUL on MH.

Edited to add: Actually MIL-USM for $1500 RT is a pretty good fare, also allows one free stopover per direction, so you could get a stop in BKK on the outbound and in MCT on the return and have a pretty awesome extended trip. And this seems to work for other ex-EU locations, like PAR as well.
alp67 likes this.

Last edited by stephem; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by stephem
Also odd that I tried the usual suspects in the region where PG has an xxx-BKK flight and only USM-BKK-MCT-MIL priced out like this.
The reason for this is that PG only have 4 2 Class A319,s in their fleet, I’m pretty sure they are only used on the BKK-USM-HKG and BKK-PNH routes.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
any example fares ?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Plantz
any example fares ?
Yesterday I was seeing an abundance of Availability to PNH in matrix but today nada? I can still find it on GF but now the BKK-PNH sector is in Y and on a a320?
Wide open to USM though which is nice 👍🏻

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Plantz
any example fares ?
ITA Matrix is your friend...

Category 8: Stopover restrictions2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:22 am

Sorry for double post but FT is terrible on iOS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.